Wiki Posts
Search

Xray copies

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Personaly i don't care about this (and i think i am not the only one) if i have to pay less than half an 008 costs.
I would much rather support the real company than a cheap knockoff. With plastic bulkheads, have fun with tweak
Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you read the listing it lists the driveshafts as follows

Drive shafts:
Rebuildable CVD driveshafts (52 mm) made from special world-renowned, top-secret, self-developed HUDY Spring Steel™

I have no idea why you guys are saying this is a coyp China is like the wild west of manufacturing, they do whatever they want and they don't seem to care
Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Personaly i don't care about this (and i think i am not the only one) if i have to pay less than half an 008 costs.
Since you know nothing about the factories creating these for such a cheap price. And after the recent expose of Chinese screw ups from lead paint, to tainted milk.

Factories are taking more and more shortcuts, so that could not only easily break on the first day, you have NO idea about the people creating it. For all you know it could be Chinese Political prisoners making some of the parts on that. In which case, Shame! Shame on you!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Adam?
You mean like Losi's LCD's?

Anyway, good luck with the copyright fight in China.
but the legal guys already know they don't bother chasing the Chinese, go for the people selling it!

if the market is flooded with cheap copies then the people who spend hundreds of thousands developing better/faster/lighter cars will just pull out and do somthing else, its only the RC enthusiast that loses out.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I cheap piece of crap is still a piece of crap. $200 bucks is a lot of cash for a cheap knock-off. I will stick with by FK'05.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Additionally included: HUDY Graphite Grease, HUDY Diff Grease, Authentication Certificate, set-up sheet, parts list & exploded view, decals

LMFAO
Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DucatiGary
but the legal guys already know they don't bother chasing the Chinese, go for the people selling it!

if the market is flooded with cheap copies then the people who spend hundreds of thousands developing better/faster/lighter cars will just pull out and do somthing else, its only the RC enthusiast that loses out.
Actually, when the company I work for found product coming out of China with our name on it they shut the company down. The government is cracking down on copyright issues because of pressure from the US and Europe (there be dragons)

It takes some stones to put the X-Ray specs on the litsing though.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yea, then the companies doing the R&D are gone and what are you stuck with after that? Once there's nothing new to copy.

Piss poor attitude.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ebay seller
unique XRAY Quick-Saver™
heres another one that had me rolling
Old 10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Did anyone notice this:

Item Specifics - Radio Control Vehicles
Type: Cars/On-Road
Power Source: Petrol

LOL
Old 10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

In business view, nobody will care copy cat. It is the matter about legal or not. You see most hop up parts made by other manufacture are the same as the original part. Does it cause illegal action? i don't know, properly not. If I want to make a copy cat car, I would consult with a lawyer first before production. Even a copy cat car, it will not be 100% exactly as the original. This point is arguable. Unless they made a copy cat then call the same name and same brand then that is illegal.
For customer point of view, it is always good to see copy cat as this will bring down the price of the original manufacture and you still can get a similar car even if you are poor.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You have got to wonder though if a plastix xray goes better than the alloy one. I wouldn't be surprised if it did!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am not going to lie...after looking at that...looks pretty cool!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Since you know nothing about the factories creating these for such a cheap price. And after the recent expose of Chinese screw ups from lead paint, to tainted milk.

Factories are taking more and more shortcuts, so that could not only easily break on the first day, you have NO idea about the people creating it. For all you know it could be Chinese Political prisoners making some of the parts on that. In which case, Shame! Shame on you!
Shame on me why?Because i prefer to buy just for fun a 200.00$ cheap Chinese or whatever copy instead of an original 008 that costs 570.00$ in my country? No way.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Shame on me why?Because i prefer to buy just for fun a 200.00$ cheap Chinese or whatever copy instead of an original 008 that costs 570.00$ in my country? No way.
Yes, because your not looking beyond your pocket book to the HUMAN BEING on the other side of that equation. Oh don't get me wrong, we are all guilty. But when you purposely choose a copy because its cheaper without knowing anything about the factories involved. Your acting in a very shameful manner more than most because you choose to. Go stand in a corner now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.