roar and happenings (none official)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

roar and happenings (none official)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default roar and happenings (none official)

roar and happens what going on iam staring this for the racers and let them express thier oppinions and hopefully roar officers
will peek in here and hear what we have to say. hey guys and girls keep it clean and dont try to insult anyone, this a thread that i started to see if we the racers can get roar to listen to our needs. if you all know of any officers tell about this post and to chatt with us. GOD HELP US
Old 09-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

come on guys there has to be something urking you about roar ,

i actually have a problem as to where they hold nationals i think they should be held infront of some kind of public acess venue istead of a private track in the middle of no where what do you think.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

I would say the one thing this sport needs more then ANYthing else... is publicity. I can't tell you how many guys I know that have HEARD of competative RC racing (not talking little kids with emaxxs), and it is RIGHT up their ally.. but they just dont know how it all works.

Why isn't RC racing on ESPN or anything? I think if the sport was publicized better, it would DO much better. We would have more interest, more racing venues, and the sport would be cheaper!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

that a good idea they do cover down hill skateboarding(louge)
and those robo wars someone should know someone in the media world and maybe show it a couple of times as a segment on speed channel for heaven sake they show carting and how much could a spot like those infomertials be worth why dont roar call and find out aleast for funnzies to find out how much. anybody got other ideas? maybe the manufactures could pay for plugs while their showing them and get advertizing to a wider range of potential buyers that may turn into a racer "consumer".
come on you guys are looking in here write a suggestion roar guys will get wind of this thread and might pay attention! heres a chance to be heared!
Old 09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Try this thread... Talk to ROAR
Old 09-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

I don't know if R/C Racing will ever get national coverage the likes of ESPN, however, I do believe that ROAR could help Race Directors with a little money to aid in advertising costs for the event. Having the race at a public venue would be much easier with on road classes, not too easy with Off-Roads.

Having said that, it would be interesting to see what kind of general media coverage the Off-Road Worlds will get next month... (Hint, Hint, Minnreg )
Old 09-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

i know theres other threads out there but this one is the longest running and always viewed one i have been on and besides an extra place to voice openions wouldnt hurt, and alot of people dont go anywhere else.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

maybe not in time for minnreg but there are i think a couple national events left and another worlds, julio come up to coral springs!
tell every one in miami theres a track up here.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Well, I've lost touch with a lot of the Nitro racers from down here ever since Monza shut down... Not to mention any electric racers!

My Impulse is on the shelf right now... I may wait to see what Serpent has up their sleeve with regards to a new or revised TC before making a decision on what I'm gonna do with it...

My TC3 is race ready, but I gotta get me some new horsepower (motor/batts). I'm hoping to get some stuff together before the State Series Electric On-Road Race up there. It's still scheduled for November, right?
Old 09-09-2003, 11:07 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by BBSpence
Try this thread... Talk to ROAR
Nothing preventing us from having a ROAR discussion on here as well.

There are at least a few ROAR representatives lurking here that I am aware of.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

thank you futureal !
we need are voices heared and you of course are incourage to speak and we all want roar to grow we are one of the largest racing bodies and with a country so big there is no reason why racing can not be as popular as in japan or europe.
but for example if you look at any of the pictures of their events the crowd is always 3to for thick and standing room only.
we can hold event at monster truck shows reall racing events around the country aswell as the show car circuts like the detroit auto show these thing are done nation wide and the organizers are more than willing to allow us room to run a race.

by the way julio all those guys that were running sedan nitro are upthere!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

One things that i think should be changed is,

foams should be legalized for asphult 4wd TC, it's at the track owners discression to allow them to be used on ozite so why not asphult?

I run foams on asphult each weekend, it levels the playing field alot and is alot cheaper.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

One of my main gripes about ROAR, is the information and help provided to new clubs. It is basically... here are your doc's have at it. If a new club package is put together, it may help new clubs prosper, and in turn grow ROAR as a whole. I could go on at length about this topic. I just dont have the energy... :<
Old 09-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey spooky......I could get Bullfrog in here to help you out!!!!!!! lol
Old 09-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

hey dogg are you asking him to commit suicide are you nuts!
bill you could get a fictitious name and chat here without getting bombarded.
we want the roar officers to look here and see what we want and give them ideas how to grow and correct the problems in roar now. in nascar the drivers have a say on what happens to some extent and nascar makes changes as needed to make things better for the fans and the drivers but we need exposure to grow and introduce people via unorthadox mediums if need be .
advertizing in full scale racing publications could help.
hotrod mag, road & track, sport compact, and etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.