Wiki Posts
Search

KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by tornado
Errrrrr. ....... is there a huge difference between the already excellent esc VFS2k and the new VFS 1 ?

Better run time ? .... by how much ?...........easier on the comm ?.........
hey tornado... the VFS-1 has been optimized with more drive frequencies and stages. Ko Propo has increased it from 32 stages to 64 stages. this allows for more run time for hotter mods and more fine tuning. Races in japan are 8 mins in length so the addition drive stages and higher frequencies help this.

they did remove 8-10 stages from the bottom end, but still provide for plenty of punch. VFS-2000 is still a great esc, the VFS-1 just improves on it by allowing for finer throttle profile adjustments. they've also added throttle response, current limiter and other features that the 2000 didnt have.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:26 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Hebiki
hey tornado... the VFS-1 has been optimized with more drive frequencies and stages. Ko Propo has increased it from 32 stages to 64 stages. this allows for more run time for hotter mods and more fine tuning. Races in japan are 8 mins in length so the addition drive stages and higher frequencies help this.

they did remove 8-10 stages from the bottom end, but still provide for plenty of punch. VFS-2000 is still a great esc, the VFS-1 just improves on it by allowing for finer throttle profile adjustments. they've also added throttle response, current limiter and other features that the 2000 didnt have.
Thanks Chris !!

I'm thinking of getting one actually......just needed some clarifications on its features, so on and so forth before deciding. .......oh Santa.....I've been a goody goody boy ....

Old 12-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new vs old

Can I program vfs-1 with my old setting adapter? Would there be any advantages to the new setting adapter and is the new one compatible to vfs-2000?
Old 12-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: new vs old

Originally posted by alien too
Can I program vfs-1 with my old setting adapter? Would there be any advantages to the new setting adapter and is the new one compatible to vfs-2000?

alien too

due to the changes in the number of drive frequencies, the VFS-1 cannot be programmed with the old adapter. also, the new handheld adapter has been reworked so it can program the ICS line of Ko products by using different data cards and vice versa.

hope that helps.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Sorry for asking a question i'm sure is answered some where back along but .......

Will my pc link lead from my existing 2000j work with the vfs-1 or will that also need replacing ?? like the adpt. ???

Thanks and sorry for having to ask too .....

Happy holidays
Old 12-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Merciless
Sorry for asking a question i'm sure is answered some where back along but .......

Will my pc link lead from my existing 2000j work with the vfs-1 or will that also need replacing ?? like the adpt. ???

Thanks and sorry for having to ask too .....

Happy holidays
It's the same, just download the new software for the VFS-1 to use it.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Brakes

Hi everyone,
I've just got a VFS-2000 (i know everyone is goin to the VSF-1, but I wanted to give it a go). The problem I have is that the brakes on it seem almost none-existant. I am running a 19 turn V2 with 3 diodes on it the protect the speedo, and the caps etc. The only thing seeming slowing it down is the drag from the motor. Any ideas

Cheers
Crashmaster

Last edited by Crashmaster; 01-25-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

If your radio and speedo have both been set-up together and are calibrated together per the speedo instructions i'd guess you got a blown up speedo.

Check your transmiter setting though i.e expotential throttle travel limits etc. then re set-up the speedo to the radio and test if it's still the same i recon you'll have to send it off for repair.

This as i know from first hand experience is a painless excerise and will not take long at all before it's back in your hand even if your pocket is alittle lighter for the expenience

hope this helps >?
Old 01-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers mate. Checked all through the radio etc, and it hasn't made a difference unfortunately. The forward is fine, just the brakes which are the problem. Do you have any idea what the proceedure is for returning the speedo's for repair/ the costs involved?

Cheers
Crashmaster
Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

LOL

Earlier in this thread there's a sort of account of the troubles and hassels i had trying to get KO to take resposibility for there 1 week old faulty speedo.

A load of crap really about how even though i bought it in the USA i should try and get KO UK to repair it.

KO UK were saying that they wanted paying to repair it as i bought it in the USA. no surprises there. In the end i had to get some high up guy in KO japan to sort it out for me ;+) which he did and i sent it back to KO usa who had it repaired and back with me in like 2 weeks only and all but 2days of that was it traveling there and back !!!

the proceedure depends on wether you bought it new ??

If you did, it needs to go back to the shop were you got it.

If it's going for repair (not warranty) you need the UK importer i think. I can't remember off hand who that is but i'm sure it's mention further back the thread if you want to look.

Sorry i cant be of more help !
Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers mate. I'll look into it.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Ive had my VFS fried a few times, sent it to KO USA, Robert was always kindly enough to repair it for me and send it back. All iIhad to do was pay for repair cost. I think it was like $40? It was a blown FET and a power coil part.I rember. Because I was running a 7turn without any shocky diodes and using the brakes...lol Doooohhhh!!
Old 01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Nice. I'll have a word with Helger and see what they say.

Cheers
Crash
Old 02-08-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Just got hold of a pc interface. How do I go about programming my vfs 2000j. I have downloaded the vfs2000 manaager software off the ko website and i haven't had much success .
Old 02-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

diodes

Hi guys,
What number of diodes (not the super ones, just nomral ones) would you recomend I should run on a 19 turn stock motor?

Cheers
Crashmaster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.