Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01 DRIFT SETUP NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Depends on your setup. For the most part, fans are unnecessary, but I think a heatsink for the motor is a good idea. Drifting is much easier on your batteries, ESC and motor compared to grip racing.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Do the stock upper arms give you ZERO degrees of camber?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just like mr. moo said motor heatsinks are best for anytype of racing.

motor/esc fans are used when needed. some people NEED them and some people swear by them and some poeple dislike them.

for drifting the drivetrain is more free flowing. it doesn't need to stop on a dime and it doesn't require much throttle. and you don't need the best responce. and that all boils down to drifting saves electronics.

as for the tt01 if its the untra stock one everything in there is NONE adjustible also everything is set to ZERO.

everyone finds that the tamiya tt01 is good for naw rc hobbyist "I" think its the worst. if you can't adjust anything on the car how could a new person to the hobby learn? idk. never mind about that

Old 07-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need Help!!

Hi all, anyone can help out with this problems of mine?? Team Orion Rocket pack 3300 and 4500. many of my rc friends that I played with advised me not to get batteries above 4000. Is that true? Because I'm using the Novak XBR ESC and the Ex-series 8.5 brushless motor now on my car. I'm afraid that if I buy the 3300 the punch would not be there or the puch las awhile as compared to 4500. I need help@@ !!

Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

And 1 more question about drifting, i used a TT-01 with Novak XBR ESC and a Ex-series 8.5 brushless motor. Im playihng the HPI Superdrift tires. Can I have some advise what setups do I required. I used zero-degree arms, TRF dampers with white springs(comes with it when I bought the dampers) and hard oil. Is this the correct setup? Thanks. Do I need ball diff or Front one way? And what gear ration should I use? Im using 19/61T. Pls advised!!

Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
everyone finds that the tamiya tt01 is good for naw rc hobbyist "I" think its the worst. if you can't adjust anything on the car how could a new person to the hobby learn? idk. never mind about that

I think it could be good in the sense that the kit is relatively cheaper and the parts are not as fragile as some of the better kits, replacement parts also cost less. Less to adjust means less to go wrong, so the beginner can go out there are have fun.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if your going to get something in the 4000mah range get some GP4300 or IB4200.

those are proven to work good if takin care of. also there proven to last.

if you see a special at your local habby shop that sell "AMAZING SUPER DUPER 4900MAH!!! 10 BUCKS!!!!" its bullshit there just tryin to find someone to buy a false advertized cells.

as for the diffs and the advice on drifting setups. did you read the whole thread? your question has been answered.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yah, Spongy read the thread.

With oils, do you understand what they do? Seriously, no one can tell you what the best setup is, since every power system is different, road condition, road surface, and most importantly the DRIVER is different.

Drive your car around. Get a variety of oils. Some people run anywhere from 200-500wt oil with any spring combinations. So "Hard" oil is just a matter of comparison. 200wt is harder than 100wt... what wt are you using?

I would get a range from 200-500wt at least, and experiment with each of them.

Oils are made specifically so that the spring action isn't too jumpy and settles down. However, if you have too much oil weight, you might loose traction when hitting a bump. So technically you should tune the oil weight to the surface and track, and then adjust your springs.

General tuning tip: If your car is not steering in enough, and has too much understeer:
-Decrease spring stiffness in the front
OR
-Increase spring stiffness in the rear

The opposite does...the opposite.

So experiment, please. There is no perfect setup, as you need to find your own. You have a good brushless system so I wouldn't be worried about that.

For your tires, I'd suggest getting a tire you can get a lot of so it is consistent. I like ABS because it is cheap and I can make it myself. HPI T drifts are very popular now, but too expensive for me D:
Old 07-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm using a Sport Tuned with 24T/58T on T drifts, am I more or less in the ball park with my TT01? thanks!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LATC3
for all the tt01 owners!!!

why tamiya tt01?
why not
it drifts realy well
Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

hi to the pros... if lets say my setup is front one way for the front and ball diff set for the rear and using universal shafts can i possibly do drift??