Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01 DRIFT SETUP NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sabin / LATC3,

Thanks for the input. I would like to try it to experience it as I happens to have a spare one-way which able to fit in the rear of my TA05.

This sound crazy but... Hope to see how it goes.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you could try but once you put the car on the ground after 15 seconds you'll take the car back in to make the switcha-roo

lock rear diff and use abs and you'll be driftin sweet. depending on your drift skill
Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

I thought it will be 4 wheel drive and front wheel brake? Unless you install the one-way the other way around...
Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default to clear thing up.

one ways are NOT ment for drifting in the first place. its for HIGH traction touring car carpet racing. a front oneway ONLY has rear brake with NO front brake. its used to have a smoother high speed high traction turn in. a oneway will be offset weather its a pulley for a belt or a ring gea for a shaft drivin car.

if you do put the one way in the front diff case/bulkhead it will not have ANY effect only if you high TRACTION. drifting doesn't have no traction what's so ever so that one way is worth less.

SPOOLS AND DIFFS. Either BALL diffs or gear diff with spider gears are BEST for drifting.

Originally Posted by stocker
I thought it will be 4 wheel drive and front wheel brake? Unless you install the one-way the other way around...
Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LATC3
if you put a one way in the rear your car will be front wheel drive and four wheel brakes. it will NOT drift at all with a one way in the rear.
There are some chassis that allow you to install the one-way in the rear and have it function normally. the one i own is such a chassis. running the one-way like this does give you the front wheel brake and on-power traction at all fours.

and yes, drifting does have some traction. it all depends on the AMOUNT of traction you have with the tires you select.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

i have abs high traction drift tires from yokomo almost made for nitro drifting and its still not enough traction for a one way to work at all. one ways are ment to be in the front not rear and it wouldtnt make your car drift any better if you have front break.

anytype of one way in low traction will make your car spin out under braking. i have a brand new shiney one way for my tc3 and as much as ill like to put it to work it wouldn't work in low traction.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

I have a tt-01 and love drifting it.

The list goes on for mods, but my drift setup is...

TRF shocks 30wt all around with red soft springs
Semi tight ball diff front/ spool rear
Camber -2front -1 rear
-2 toe in rear
-1 toe out front
Soft sway bars front/rear
62t spur/ 23t pinion power by 5700kv mamba max
HPI t-type drift tires
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 DRIFT SETUP NEED HELP-dsc09468.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I will be getting my TA-05 soon (hopefully... the guy hasn't been contacting me much at all...) and he has a center one way installed with a front ball diff.

The purpose of the one way, from what I understand, is that it acts as a very open diff under acceleration, but under breaking, the rear wheels break while the fronts can spin. This allows for more technical drifting, as it works almost like a hand brake, and for the front end to be nimble.

You guys would be surprised... one ways are pretty much standard fittings for the competition drifters. Just check out the DRCC.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

one ways don't belong in rc drift cars all together. BUT if people find BIG advantages in them then GRREEAATT!

but there MADE for smoother high traction turn in. =]

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
I will be getting my TA-05 soon (hopefully... the guy hasn't been contacting me much at all...) and he has a center one way installed with a front ball diff.

The purpose of the one way, from what I understand, is that it acts as a very open diff under acceleration, but under breaking, the rear wheels break while the fronts can spin. This allows for more technical drifting, as it works almost like a hand brake, and for the front end to be nimble.

You guys would be surprised... one ways are pretty much standard fittings for the competition drifters. Just check out the DRCC.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

for all the tt01 owners!!!

why tamiya tt01?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ah I see, sorry for the misconception, I forgot you were making that point alone.

For me I started on the TT-01 because I heard it was a good beginner chassis, and I got a good used deal on one. It got me into this scale, as I read a lot about different electronics, chassis' and understanding what is available. Definitely a good decision
Old 07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

About the same here. I got a nice deal on a used one, and I heard they can be bashed around for beginners.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

So I was bored and threw a set of hpi drift tires on a tc3 i had laying around to see what drifting was all about and I was looking for a set up....I started with a stock 27 turn brushed motor with a 6 cell and i smoked the motor at the end of the first run lol next was a 19t motor and that lead to 2 melted diffs lol so alittle help would be great.. Whats the motor of choice for drifters should it be geared for low end or high ? I see a rear spool is helpful what else can anyone tell me ???
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wink

I've been cruzin three tc3's for yours all over geared and high kv brushless also and never melted a diff.

lock the rear diff and have the front working smooth and not too tight but not lose.

put the battery in the middle position run the smallest pinion (19t or 20t).

19turn motors are the choice of all my drifter friends but it could be to low of turn for the application. but it would work good.

i use stiff copper springes in the rear and silvers in the front. this is also a good grip racing setup as well.

if your running a brush motor keep the motor wires as short as possible for less resistance.

keep your ride high about 7mm off the ground remember this is not a race car its a drifter!

hope this helpssss.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanx for the input LA but what about cooling fans on the motor and speedo is that a must for drifting ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.