Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TB03 vs TA05: Please help

Hi,
Will the C hub of TA 05 fit on TB 03. I checked and they have the same Part number 51293.

Thanks alot
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You just answered your question there. if they have the same part number then they are the same.

Originally Posted by TREX19039
Hi,
Will the C hub of TA 05 fit on TB 03. I checked and they have the same Part number 51293.

Thanks alot
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TB 03

I see. Thanks. I am newbee to car. That is a good new for me.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I just recently bought a used TB-03 and I am impressed with it's performance so far but there is one thing I seem to be having a problem adding more droop in the front. I checked everything and the only thing that is preventing me from adding more droop is the camber link itself.
Is anybody else having this problem and if you did what did you do to correct it.
Last issue is the rear diff. I'm unable to tighten it anymore but it still feels a little to loose. Not sure why I can't tighten it up anymore.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Hi there Maxepower,

I'm a little confused by what you were describing. What on the camber link is preventing you from adding more droop in the front? Is the ball cup itself hitting the tab on the upper diff case where the inner ball stud screws in?

If that is not the case, I would look at your pushrod lengths. Their lengths will effect the amount of down travel the suspension has. Also, look at your front shock length. And one last thing to check would be the tub chassis itself. The way its molded, the suspension arm itself will touch depending on desired droop and the suspension blocks(car width and roll center height) you are using. If you are using 1A/1A blocks for instance, back out the droop screw completely and you will see where the front of the front arms will be resting on the chassis itself. The previous owner may have left the small 1mm plastic shims out from underneath the blocks, causing less down travel due to the arms hitting the chassis.

Hope this helps
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Timmie,

It's that time again. I hope you will be making the trip to the 'C' for the March TCS!

I recently dusted off my TB03 and look forward to running it.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
I would look at your pushrod lengths. Their lengths will effect the amount of down travel the suspension has.
thats the solution right there. im willing to bet those push rods are not set to manual setting (14mm).

Timmie, welcome back btw
Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Markus
Timmie,

It's that time again. I hope you will be making the trip to the 'C' for the March TCS!

I recently dusted off my TB03 and look forward to running it.
Markus whats up man! I was actually going to call you the other day to see how you have been

I have a few offroad guys I know from the nitro buggy racing I've been doing....introduced them to touring and now their hooked They are planning on coming up to the C for the TCS. If I can ride up with them I'll see ya there. If not the C, I'm pretty sure I'll be at the TCS in Glen Burnie.

If you haven't got the carbon tub chassis yet, I would recommend you do before you hit the C again.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
thats the solution right there. im willing to bet those push rods are not set to manual setting (14mm).

Timmie, welcome back btw
Whats shaking Chris Hope you've been doing well since last i spoke with ya. Yeah the TB03 has a special place in my heart. Not only was it one of the best cars I've ever owned, but through it I've made a lot of friends on here People here locally bought them as well, so I'm still tinkering with them all the time. I'm still working on a special TB03 project myself

I'll try to pop in more often to help out, just been super busy with lots of different things...you know how that goes
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you look a few pages back ...I had the same problem with the tb03 pushrods.
The 14mm length (measured on the inside) will only work with the plastic kit shocks. If you run trf shocks you have to set the pushrod length to 11-12mm.
that will give you plenty of adjustment room the threaded spring collar on the trf shocks is pretty thick even when screwed all the way out so you have to shorten the rods to compensate. works like a charm
Good to see you tim
I am back in the tb03 camp now see pic below.

the lrp vector x12 17.5 is sick fast and torquey too
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-dscn3455.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fat500
If you look a few pages back ...I had the same problem with the tb03 pushrods.
The 14mm length (measured on the inside) will only work with the plastic kit shocks. If you run trf shocks you have to set the pushrod length to 11-12mm.
that will give you plenty of adjustment room the threaded spring collar on the trf shocks is pretty thick even when screwed all the way out so you have to shorten the rods to compensate. works like a charm
Good to see you tim
I am back in the tb03 camp now see pic below.

the lrp vector x12 17.5 is sick fast and torquey too
OR you could use the 1mm down spring retainers.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Gearing

Hey Guys,
Been running the TB-03 for a while now and want to experiment with other spur / pinion combos. I believe the stock setup is 22T pinion, 64T spur, with a pitch of 60. Where should I look for good aftermarket gear replacements? Was a lot easier finding this kind of stuff for my little Associate 18R.
Thanks for your help!
SoCal
Old 02-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Hey Guys,
Been running the TB-03 for a while now and want to experiment with other spur / pinion combos. I believe the stock setup is 22T pinion, 64T spur, with a pitch of 60. Where should I look for good aftermarket gear replacements? Was a lot easier finding this kind of stuff for my little Associate 18R.
Thanks for your help!
SoCal
go to: http://www.speedtechrc.com

plenty of stuff..and local.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My TB03 at pole position. Track was wet from a pass by rain so you'll see spin outs here and there. I spun out several times too. The white corner markers are plastic so it was a instant spin out there. Driving in this condition was fun as it taught you throttle/steering control.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hebiki
go to: http://www.speedtechrc.com

plenty of stuff..and local.
Thanks Hebiki. I have purchase from him in the past. I wasn't able to find any gears on his site. Probably just didn't know where to look. My search continues...
SoCal
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

and more specifically,

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=392

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=467

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=653

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.