R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TB Evolution V MS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/220791-tamiya-tb-evolution-v-ms.html)

Victor A 05-07-2008 04:03 AM

Tamiya TB Evolution V MS

http://rctouring.eu/images/tamiya%20evo%205%20ms.jpg

Tamiya introduces the next generation of the high performance shaft driven car. The TB Evolution V MS is an evolved and updated version of the Evo V. It has some parts similar to the the belt driven TRF416 and also some new parts like the aluminum rear bulkhead. The Evo V MS won't replace the current TRF416. The Evo V MS is specially made for the stock class. The shaft drive gives direct torque, instant power and less drag. This is perfect for the stock class, but can give you some torque steer with the Modified technology.
The TB Evolution V MS will be out at June the 21st and will cost around €400 Euros (¥64800 Yen).
Source: www.rctouring.eu Direct link to article: http://rctouring.eu/tamiya_tb_evolution_v_ms.htm
----------------------------------

I'm really curious about this car. I really loved my TC3's... the good old days :lol: . Does anyone know the internal ratio of this car?
Thanks Victor

mac853 05-07-2008 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Victor A (Post 4421779)
Source: www.rctouring.eu Direct link to article: http://rctouring.eu/tamiya_tb_evolution_v_ms.htm

I'm really curious about this car. I really loved my TC3's... the good old days :lol: . Does anyone know the internal ratio of this car?
Thanks Victor

I have posted already!
Everything about its spec is still anonymous, i am convinced will be all clearly after the SHS!
But this kit could be a best choice, if anyone still "fall in love" on shaft cars.
Some aftermarket brands (ex:Square) has already its option parts, due some are compatible with 416!
If it will not have spool, even original or option else, i am surely will not choose it as my next car, just because all our tracks are so slippery.

gijoe64 05-07-2008 06:22 AM

I love Tamiya! But I think they are milking a dead Cow here:( Shaft cars are dead here in the US. I still think a shaft car is better in stock:sweat:

mac853 05-09-2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by gijoe64 (Post 4422015)
I love Tamiya! But I think they are milking a dead Cow here:( Shaft cars are dead here in the US. I still think a shaft car is better in stock:sweat:

Maybe is going to change, if is really don't need a shaft, just why as came up this upgraded version of tb evo5? Of course it has own need, at least in the brushless stock races, this car could be awesome in these kind of big turn BL races and i am convinced shaft cars has better with BL system than belt drive. In 2 last year I saw 2 guys using BL system in modified races with TBevo5 and pro4, they just put their 415 and Cyclone in silver can race, i don't know why, maybe they feel BL is too smooth with belt cars.
But i personally will not purchase it, in the case i have to race on concrete almost all over the season.

Joel Lagace 05-09-2008 01:24 PM

MAn i love shaft drive cars. They look so clean and tidy with the drive train all hidden away...

I loved my yokomo SD! Man this things got my juices flowing for a new shaft car.... if only xray would make one :)

infokiz 05-10-2008 08:56 PM

just when I thought they coulden't improve upon the EVO5.

I love it! Glad i diden't get a 416.

rctouringracer 05-11-2008 11:18 AM

Do ya'll think the chassis plates are any different between the EVO 5 & the MS?:sneaky:

Blueman Austria 05-11-2008 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by rctouringracer (Post 4434034)
Do ya'll think the chassis plates are any different between the EVO 5 & the MS?:sneaky:

Yes !

The stick battery holder is diferent. You can see the two holders wich are mounted on the outside of the battery slots!

I am interested if the steering mount holes will match the holes from the standard evo 5.

If yes, then i think i will get the new steering posts and the "Y" brige and dremel the original holes away, (from the upper deck) and mount it with a new hole in the center together. I think this mod have to work.:sneaky:

But wait and see.....

Greetings Blueman

rctouringracer 05-11-2008 11:45 AM

Do ya'll at least think maybe Tamiya will release a spool to go along with list version of the EVO?....:rolleyes:

TommyW 05-11-2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rctouringracer (Post 4434071)
Do ya'll at least think maybe Tamiya will release a spool to go along with list version of the EVO?....:rolleyes:

Let's hope so - but while waiting I machined my own EVO5-spool from T6 aluminum (actually already 4 months ago) and have been very satified with that;)

Actually installing the spool brang up a new problem: the short 'Propeller joint A'-shaft made of aluminum in the front gearbox (MP1 / 3455970) starts to wear out.

By my opinion this shaft is machined too sloppy already at the factory => there is way too much free play between the shaft and ball bearings.

Now as you accelerate and brake the shaft goes up and down and the bearings 'eat' the aluminum a little by little from the shaft and shaft becomes more sloppier all the time.

With oneway-unit the front shaft has lasted much better, but using oneway is not an option for me in the most cases.

After replacing two shafts with new original ones I solved this problem by machining a new shaft from steel. No problems since that;)

I really hope that if Tamiya releases a spool for EVO5 / EVO5 MS - they also will release some improvement for this aluminum shaft.

Blueman Austria 05-11-2008 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by rctouringracer (Post 4434071)

Hy !

THe Evo4 Spool fit on the Evo5!!!

The problem is that the gears are not running so smooth as with the oneway or diff installed, But it works.

I have done a little modification.
I sanded from the surface where the oneway gear is mounted about
0,2-0,3mm, and then it runs free, like an original part. I dont shimmed anyway in the gearbox.

I ride it last winter on carpet with 17T brushed, and it was a awaesome ride!!!

Try it out !!!

Greetings Blueman

rctouringracer 05-12-2008 12:13 AM

Noticed some of you guys run the tb02, Is there a spool that will fit in the tb02 & tb02r?:confused:

TommyW 05-12-2008 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria (Post 4435753)
Hy !

THe Evo4 Spool fit on the Evo5!!!

That is true (with the limitations mentioned in the original posting) - but it is unfortunately 'hard to find item' at least among the Asian RC-shops I am using as the production of this item is discontinued.

But as Blueman stated - EVO5 is an awesome ride! Just couldn't be any happier with it in our national BL8.5/5-cell spec-class...

rccartips 05-12-2008 05:57 AM

wow

wow, makes me want to buy one just based on looks. for me, looks as beautiful as the 414.

ive seen tl01s still competitive in mabuchi class... maybe shaft is better for low power motors.

EngTat 05-12-2008 07:01 AM

Tag;)

adrictan 08-20-2008 07:40 AM

Anyone can post the pdf version of the manual?

stocker 08-20-2008 09:20 AM

Is this what you are looking for?

adrictan 08-20-2008 11:57 AM

Thanks for the PDF. BTW, anyone found a suitable spool for it yet?

I've yet to run mine. Still waiting for my Novak XBR combo to come...Sigh...

stocker 08-20-2008 06:21 PM

Any particular reason why you chose a XBR over other BL esc?

adrictan 08-20-2008 07:30 PM

It's smaller in size compared to the GTB and cheaper as well.

Minami 08-20-2008 07:45 PM

this is even better than evo5. tamiya added a few major improvements over the evo5.

stocker 08-20-2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by adrictan (Post 4758937)
It's smaller in size compared to the GTB and cheaper as well.

It looks like the GTB is smaller, see
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/es...spec_chart.htm

adrictan 08-21-2008 04:40 AM

Well, we'll see hw then...

Minami 08-22-2008 06:09 AM

how much would this cost in hong kong (minus the shipping fees)?

adrictan 08-22-2008 06:39 AM

I bought mine in H.K in Jul. Gt it for $510 Singapore Dollars. The pricing you see on the H.K websites differs greatly from the prices from the shops. It's definitely cheaper to by R/C stuff from H.K & Japan. Next comes the asian countries. In Singapore, the prices are reasonable.

adrictan 08-22-2008 06:40 AM

Spool Spool Spool. Anyone found a spool that'll work for the MS?

Minami 08-22-2008 09:02 AM

@adrictan

wow.. that's definitely cheap.. just somewhere around 360USD.

mac853 08-22-2008 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by adrictan (Post 4763782)
Spool Spool Spool. Anyone found a spool that'll work for the MS?

Hey Adric, the last spool of Tamiya is just for EVO4, but i believe if you could find them just to be very lucky, then i think this could not fit very well EVO5:http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49359

And other 1 of photo below is from Xenon, also for EVO4, i think is so much rare item, in the case is so small company:

If i was you i will try to ask from Japan's HS to ask both of them.

adrictan 08-22-2008 06:33 PM

I've emailed Jap & HK shops to help find #49359. Maybe have to add shims to make it fit. Hopefully someone can find the solution.

TommyW 08-26-2008 11:48 AM

The specification of EVO5 MS says:

"New motor layout sees motor mounted further forward to improve handling characteristics and make spur gear changes much easier."

Has anybody measured how much further forward motor is mounted if compared to standard EVO5?

Also two further questions:

- batteries seem to be located also further forward than in EVO5 - any ideas how much?
- what is the thickness of upper and lower deck?

adrictan 08-27-2008 12:34 AM

I was told the TRF415 spool is the same as the Evo IV one.#49358. Anyone can confirm this?

Gray 08-27-2008 01:19 AM

On the spool problem, wouldnt it be possible to convert the rear diff into a spool. i did this on the old yokomo sd with abit of shimming and it worked great in stock and 19t with none of the chatter you get with a steel spool and it also gives a bit of slip in a crash. just leave the balls out and get rid of the grease

stocker 08-27-2008 01:27 AM

In what situation would you want a spool at the rear?

suking 08-27-2008 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Victor A (Post 4421779)

Thanks Victor

Originally Posted by rctouringracer (Post 4435810)
Noticed some of you guys run the tb02, Is there a spool that will fit in the tb02 & tb02r?:confused:

just fllow your hobby is ok .don't care which one is the most popular.......:sweat::sweat::sweat:

adrictan 08-27-2008 01:51 AM

If use the ball diff but remove the balls, i need to superglue the lock nots so it won't slip right? That's the alternative way if I can't get the spool.

Gray 08-27-2008 04:39 AM

You shouldnt need to use superglue, just tighten the diff screw quite tight, but not too tight that you break it.

Gray 08-27-2008 04:43 AM

!

adrictan 08-28-2008 04:03 AM

Unfortunately, whenever I tighten it, it'll slip after a few times.

wrxnfx 08-28-2008 08:20 AM

Rather than use superglue, you might want to try shoo goo since it can be removed.

Juanchoyo 09-18-2008 05:36 PM

Hi guys, where can I get the manual for the MS??? I found the Evo V 50000 times but it seems no one has uploaded the manual for the MS..... Do you know where can I get it???? Thanks!