R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya TB Evolution V MS

Quote:

Tamiya introduces the next generation of the high performance shaft driven car. The TB Evolution V MS is an evolved and updated version of the Evo V. It has some parts similar to the the belt driven TRF416 and also some new parts like the aluminum rear bulkhead. The Evo V MS won't replace the current TRF416. The Evo V MS is specially made for the stock class. The shaft drive gives direct torque, instant power and less drag. This is perfect for the stock class, but can give you some torque steer with the Modified technology.
The TB Evolution V MS will be out at June the 21st and will cost around €400 Euros (64800 Yen).
Source: www.rctouring.eu Direct link to article: http://rctouring.eu/tamiya_tb_evolution_v_ms.htm
----------------------------------

I'm really curious about this car. I really loved my TC3's... the good old days . Does anyone know the internal ratio of this car?
Thanks Victor

Last edited by Victor A; 05-07-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Victor A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor A View Post
Source: www.rctouring.eu Direct link to article: http://rctouring.eu/tamiya_tb_evolution_v_ms.htm
----------------------------------

I'm really curious about this car. I really loved my TC3's... the good old days . Does anyone know the internal ratio of this car?
Thanks Victor
I have posted already!
Everything about its spec is still anonymous, i am convinced will be all clearly after the SHS!
But this kit could be a best choice, if anyone still "fall in love" on shaft cars.
Some aftermarket brands (ex:Square) has already its option parts, due some are compatible with 416!
If it will not have spool, even original or option else, i am surely will not choose it as my next car, just because all our tracks are so slippery.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I love Tamiya! But I think they are milking a dead Cow here Shaft cars are dead here in the US. I still think a shaft car is better in stock
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
I love Tamiya! But I think they are milking a dead Cow here Shaft cars are dead here in the US. I still think a shaft car is better in stock
Maybe is going to change, if is really don't need a shaft, just why as came up this upgraded version of tb evo5? Of course it has own need, at least in the brushless stock races, this car could be awesome in these kind of big turn BL races and i am convinced shaft cars has better with BL system than belt drive. In 2 last year I saw 2 guys using BL system in modified races with TBevo5 and pro4, they just put their 415 and Cyclone in silver can race, i don't know why, maybe they feel BL is too smooth with belt cars.
But i personally will not purchase it, in the case i have to race on concrete almost all over the season.

Last edited by mac853; 05-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MAn i love shaft drive cars. They look so clean and tidy with the drive train all hidden away...

I loved my yokomo SD! Man this things got my juices flowing for a new shaft car.... if only xray would make one
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
Tech Adept

just when I thought they coulden't improve upon the EVO5.

I love it! Glad i diden't get a 416.

Last edited by infokiz; 05-11-2008 at 09:16 AM.
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

Do ya'll think the chassis plates are any different between the EVO 5 & the MS?
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctouringracer View Post
Do ya'll think the chassis plates are any different between the EVO 5 & the MS?

Yes !

The stick battery holder is diferent. You can see the two holders wich are mounted on the outside of the battery slots!

I am interested if the steering mount holes will match the holes from the standard evo 5.

If yes, then i think i will get the new steering posts and the "Y" brige and dremel the original holes away, (from the upper deck) and mount it with a new hole in the center together. I think this mod have to work.

But wait and see.....

Greetings Blueman
Old 05-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
Tech Master

Do ya'll at least think maybe Tamiya will release a spool to go along with list version of the EVO?....
Old 05-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Do ya'll at least think maybe Tamiya will release a spool to go along with list version of the EVO?....
Let's hope so - but while waiting I machined my own EVO5-spool from T6 aluminum (actually already 4 months ago) and have been very satified with that

Actually installing the spool brang up a new problem: the short 'Propeller joint A'-shaft made of aluminum in the front gearbox (MP1 / 3455970) starts to wear out.

By my opinion this shaft is machined too sloppy already at the factory => there is way too much free play between the shaft and ball bearings.

Now as you accelerate and brake the shaft goes up and down and the bearings 'eat' the aluminum a little by little from the shaft and shaft becomes more sloppier all the time.

With oneway-unit the front shaft has lasted much better, but using oneway is not an option for me in the most cases.

After replacing two shafts with new original ones I solved this problem by machining a new shaft from steel. No problems since that

I really hope that if Tamiya releases a spool for EVO5 / EVO5 MS - they also will release some improvement for this aluminum shaft.
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hy !

THe Evo4 Spool fit on the Evo5!!!

The problem is that the gears are not running so smooth as with the oneway or diff installed, But it works.

I have done a little modification.
I sanded from the surface where the oneway gear is mounted about
0,2-0,3mm, and then it runs free, like an original part. I dont shimmed anyway in the gearbox.

I ride it last winter on carpet with 17T brushed, and it was a awaesome ride!!!

Try it out !!!

Greetings Blueman
Old 05-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
Tech Master

Noticed some of you guys run the tb02, Is there a spool that will fit in the tb02 & tb02r?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:00 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy !

THe Evo4 Spool fit on the Evo5!!!
That is true (with the limitations mentioned in the original posting) - but it is unfortunately 'hard to find item' at least among the Asian RC-shops I am using as the production of this item is discontinued.

But as Blueman stated - EVO5 is an awesome ride! Just couldn't be any happier with it in our national BL8.5/5-cell spec-class...
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:57 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default wow

wow, makes me want to buy one just based on looks. for me, looks as beautiful as the 414.

ive seen tl01s still competitive in mabuchi class... maybe shaft is better for low power motors.
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tag