Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Secret Xray Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am almost the only one running with an electric tourer! even with a 10T it's hard to follow them!!!!!!
with a micro u would need some binoculars!!!!
If i gave up micro i am still running my mini RS4, even if the class doesn't become popular i will probably buy one and at least keep my mini!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds like a very large track.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

id bet the new X-ray car is either a 1/10 or 1/12 scale pan car
Old 09-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Dude, the secret was exposed awhile ago.

The new Xray is a 1/12 tourer
Old 09-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by NMRCDude
Dude, the secret was exposed awhile ago.

The new Xray is a 1/12 tourer
Not entirely true, XRay is coming out with two cars, it has already been confirmed that one of them is the 1/12 tourer but nobody knows what the second car is going to be.

I think it would be pretty cool if XRay completed their 12th scale family with a 12 scale pan car .
Old 09-09-2003, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hope it's a 1/12 scale pan car with a t-bar/dampertube rear end, with the cells parralel with the chassis and long battary slots so you can slide the pack back and forth and all that good stuff .
Old 09-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got another email from x-ray with updates for the company, this one was only about their second new car. And it's going to be a shaft drive 1/18 scale . In my opinion it's was a bad move because I don't think there's enough of a market for the little cars. Because like some people said earlier, the cars just arn't really big enough to be high end race cars. I haven't been able to find any pics yet, but I also haven't looked on their site . I still cant wait to see it, I just like checkin out new products, but who doesn't .
Old 09-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

There's already a separate thread for it somewhere in here... It actually looks like it could be a Micro RS4 killer if the class becomes popular again. Pics are included in the thread, not to mention a link to the announcement page.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Micro RS4 killer lol.

With the aftermarket support that the HPI micro has I find it difficult to believe that any 1/18 awd car can be considered a "micro killer" at this point in time.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think it's certainly an interesting car, especially considering they can make it at low cost (same parts front and rear, no body, etc.) and hopefully get more guys running the Micro classes. Not to put down the BRP car but I haven't seen a single one of those, ever. This might get some of the fence-sitters or the racers who don't like HPI products to get one and try it out. When they realize it's actually tunable and not necessarily a full-on racing class but more for fun against your buddies (kind of like Super Nitro or Rally classes) then hopefully they'll stick with it and keep the interest in the class going.

I am curious to see if they'll offer wheels (whose wheels are those? they look like Pro-Line Gumby wheels) and a 140mm version. On a 1/10 scale TC track 150mm might work good but on a scaled down 1/18 size track 140mm might be better for most people. It'll be interesting to see what works better in the long run: independent suspension like the XRay or independent front/pod rear like the HPI. I'm also curious if Motek, Penguin, etc., can make upgrades for the M18 and/or independent rear upgrades for the Micro.

It's a good time to be a Micro racer!
Old 09-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

The BRP's are very fast cars. Can easily beat a modified micro with a driver of equal caliber. I have modified micros and have been racing them for some time. None of them compared to the BRP. This does not mean that I do not enjoy my micros because I notice that if the track is not prepared just right then the BRP is a handful. Those are the times that the 4wd comes in handy. Anyway, The link to my BRP I will post below.

http://homepage.mac.com/calvinklein/PhotoAlbum4.html

Were you at SoCal last Saturday? Send me an e-mail so that we can talk.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was at SoCal, had the red #0 Silvia in the stock class. Finished 3rd in the main but didn't finish a qualifier because of radio problems. I just painted up a new NSX body so I should do better next time Send me a PM if you'd like.

Last edited by Frank McKinney; 09-11-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Has anyone heard about a new X-ray coming out soon!?!?

Hint, hint..........go you like shaft drive or belt?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by PUNISHER

Thread has been already started on the new xray micro shaft car. will be out in time for Christmas...
Old 09-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PUNISHER

Mario Hudy has already confirmed that there will not be a new 1/10 XRay touring sedan anytime in the near future. The T1 Evo2 will be around for at least another year.