Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
You are correct Randy, Tekin is doing well and I love the 3 i have but i disagree with Turbo being independent of Boost. Turbo does nothing if Boost is 0 and turbo seems to apply more and more timing as the Boost value increases.

Ex. When I set boost to 5 and Turbo to 15 the free wheel RPM is hardly anything, if I set Boost to 40 and turbo 15 then watch out. The RPM really ramps after the boost timing has been applied.
:
ditto, I found the same a while back and wondered why it was being explained as though turbo and timing boost were independent when my own tests revealed they are tied together.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question, If turbo is set to max or 15 why does it do nothing when boost is set to 0 if there independent of each other?
because tekin oversaw a bug in v203. if you want turbo and no boost ( i realy dont see why you whould do that.) then set your boost to 1.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pawmadsen
because tekin oversaw a bug in v203. if you want turbo and no boost ( i realy dont see why you whould do that.) then set your boost to 1.
Try stepping from 0 to 10 to 20 to 30 to 40 etc timing boost with a fixed Turbo setting ( like 7 , leave it there for this entire test ) and you'll see that Turbo only ramps a bit at lower timing boost values and peaks quickly. When you get past 30 timing boost the turbo ramps significantly more and if you dare to bench test it at 50 you had better wear safety goggles Timing boost and Turbo boost are indeed tied together. I'm happy someone else ( Bkspeedo ) confirmed what I had found !

oh, and set a really long turbo delay, so you know you aren't just seeing timing boost. It should be obvious when turbo kicks in.

and maybe use a motor you don't care too much about !
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Try stepping from 0 to 10 to 20 to 30 to 40 etc timing boost with a fixed Turbo setting ( like 7 , leave it there for this entire test ) and you'll see that Turbo only ramps a bit at lower timing boost values and peaks quickly. When you get past 30 timing boost the turbo ramps significantly more and if you dare to bench test it at 50 you had better wear safety goggles Timing boost and Turbo boost are indeed tied together. I'm happy someone else ( Bkspeedo ) confirmed what I had found !

oh, and set a really long turbo delay, so you know you aren't just seeing timing boost. It should be obvious when turbo kicks in.

thats because timming is not liniar. ones you get past 30 degrees the motor will produce alot more rpm's. its not because turbo and boost is linked.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjc168
i had do everything i can. clean sensor socket with contact cleaner, change multiple sensor wire, but unlucky none of it work. When I change to other brand motor, the problem gone. example speedpassion v2 and v3, orca. I had tried this team power motor with my club mate tekin esc too, not working as well. Thats why I asked kamen to have a look, whether is this happen to him as well.
yeap... my friend at here using s.p v3 with tekin.. nothing happen.. smooth..

but im having some problems with this team power.. only at starting point...

maybe must change to other motor..
Old 02-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kamen
yeap... my friend at here using s.p v3 with tekin.. nothing happen.. smooth..

but im having some problems with this team power.. only at starting point...

maybe must change to other motor..
this may due to the sensor not working between team power motor and tekin esc. pls check the sensor small light in your esc whether blink or not.

if you plan to change your 11.5t motor, i would recommend you buy a 11.5t orca motor. You won't regret with it.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

you still have to unplug it from the rx cause it will still get power,this gets asked about every few months
Old 02-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
You are correct Randy, Tekin is doing well and I love the 3 i have but i disagree with Turbo being independent of Boost. Turbo does nothing if Boost is 0 and turbo seems to apply more and more timing as the Boost value increases.

Ex. When I set boost to 5 and Turbo to 15 the free wheel RPM is hardly anything, if I set Boost to 40 and turbo 15 then watch out. The RPM really ramps after the boost timing has been applied. Unless the Novak Sentry I have is broke and me ears no longer work, Boost definitely has an effect on how much turbo advances timing. I guess my observation would be ill found if X deg of timing did not generate an x increase in RPM meaning a linear ramp in RPM in relation to "deg of timing". If this a logarithmic relation then your comment would be correct.

Question, If turbo is set to max or 15 why does it do nothing when boost is set to 0 if there independent of each other?

There's nothing wrong with this dependency, but being the analytical type that I am I like to now how much timing I'm actually applying to the motor. People keep saying you don't want to add more than 60 deg to a BL motor but if I set Boost to 50, turbo to 15, and motor static timing to 30, like my Ballistic, that would be 95 deg. This would not be good correct? But this is exactly how I have my car setup with a 7.3 FDR and it's rock fast reaching 40mph after only 90ft with motor temp of ~165 after 6 min.

Congrads to Tekin on all the top finishes at Snowbirds. I guess those AE controller owners are rethinking there high dollar purchase.
ditto, I found the same a while back and wondered why it was being explained as though turbo and timing boost were independent when my own tests revealed they are tied together.

one thing that your sentry fails to see is torque. so what you are missing is that the relationship to torque and rpm are basically inverse functions. think of a 1/x curve. as it approaches 0 your see the slow of the line increase very dramatically, but as it approaces infinity, the slow changes very little. that is what you are seeing and tha 30 degree mark is the point at which the conversion of torque to rpms makes a big difference. if you really want to see the to be true, set the total timing to 70 and see what your sentry reports to you. oh yeah, you will need a new motor after that.

this is the reason why I do not set my start rpm to the slowest point of the track. I actualy want the torque. it allows me to gear up and then let the motor spool up before it gets to the 30degree point where i have very little torque and alot of rpm.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Lord

yang from your first runs before the data logger with 203 when it was by feel and track testing what are your settings now
Old 02-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
yang from your first runs before the data logger with 203 when it was by feel and track testing what are your settings now
hmmm, that takes some though. but basically looking at current setup and past setup, I would have to say that I had the start and end rpm to low when we first started running v203. also, i seam to have my turbo delay too long. how weird is that? but then I was always an advocate of nothing below .5sec so I am running .4 now.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

With the newest software are there any issues running mod motors?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
With the newest software are there any issues running mod motors?
your a SP guy what are you doing here where are running mod at i thought it was dead in fl.no one has said anything on a mod,baker and toso were using sensored in mod this weekend
Old 02-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by theisgroup
hmmm, that takes some though. but basically looking at current setup and past setup, I would have to say that I had the start and end rpm to low when we first started running v203. also, i seam to have my turbo delay too long. how weird is that? but then I was always an advocate of nothing below .5sec so I am running .4 now.
i did notice a little bog the first few runs,i played with the range and it got better but after gearing down it was a rocket.are you using gear to help the spool up and not relying on tmng boost with low start
Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
i did notice a little bog the first few runs,i played with the range and it got better but after gearing down it was a rocket.are you using gear to help the spool up and not relying on tmng boost with low start
i am using gear to use the torque the motor naturally has and that usually give me a faster straight line speed. but there is a balance. If I gear too high, then I never see the MAX rpm of the motor. i drop teeth until the rpm gain does not give me more speed. you have to figure speed based on rpm and roll out.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i am using gear to use the torque the motor naturally has and that usually give me a faster straight line speed. but there is a balance. If I gear too high, then I never see the MAX rpm of the motor. i drop teeth until the rpm gain does not give me more speed. you have to figure speed based on rpm and roll out.
your running 1/12

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.