Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

I think overall power from GM looks,feels a bit higher than tekin at the moment...
And they struggling to keep in pase against GM drivers ,there is a serious move from tekin to gm nowadays(uk)...
that's their problem but I was just wondering if tekin working on to improve our lovely RSsssss
Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjc168
any reason?
Speedo du jour, ever since i started in this hobby waaaaay back in 1984 people just HAVE to have that new whatever it is. I remember when everyone had to have Twister motors (remember them?) because they were balanced, then it shifted to TRC capped tires becuase they had less rolling resistance then it was ... my opinion, unless someone else is going to pay for it I'm sticking with Tekin because I'm fast and the speedo is super consistent and predictable, they have great customer support and they respond to competition quickly and responsibly.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We're always working on improvements. Testing is ongoing and anywhere we see room for growth, we do.

Heads down, working....always.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whats up guys hey looking to buy a tekin rs pro anyone have one they want to sell. I have 140 bucks ready to go!! So I am on the hunt!! Email me at [email protected] for the quickest responce!! Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Speedo du jour, ever since i started in this hobby waaaaay back in 1984 people just HAVE to have that new whatever it is. I remember when everyone had to have Twister motors (remember them?) because they were balanced, then it shifted to TRC capped tires becuase they had less rolling resistance then it was ... my opinion, unless someone else is going to pay for it I'm sticking with Tekin because I'm fast and the speedo is super consistent and predictable, they have great customer support and they respond to competition quickly and responsibly.
+1 - spot on in every respect!

And as for people in the UK moving to GM - not in 12th they're not! This will run and run, and it won't ever end. RC posted on a UK forum, got lots of people recommending Tekin, and may well decide to go GM anyway - there's nowt so queer as folk!!

As we understand it, GM will want the speedo back to update firmware, and will charge 20 Euros to do it. I prefer Tekin's business model...
Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

There is no-one moving to GM at my club in the UK either. Infact someone has just got rid of his GM because it was too damn difficult for him to set up accurately.

I have converted 3 people to TEKIN in the last month
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by amnesia
There is no-one moving to GM at my club in the UK either. Infact someone has just got rid of his GM because it was too damn difficult for him to set up accurately.

I have converted 3 people to TEKIN in the last month
Here also. 12 tekins against now 4 GM's and it wil be 14 Tekins and 3 GM's.
1 of the GM drivers has already burnt his GM!!!! German quality!!!! Burns great.
Whit a good setup you are faster in the infield and same top speed.

0,8sec turbo delay works great.
The car accelerates now in one line to it's top speed.
It's even a bit faster on some infield places.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

A few people have mentiond in the UK that the GM seems to have the legs on the larger outdoor tracks while indoors there is little difference.

I know that most US racing is done indoors on fairly small tracks (by UK standards) or parking lot style tracks which again tend to be smaller.

The GM seems to have an advantage (according to some) on the bigger tracks that are used by nitro's etc.

On the flip side, I also know someone who has gone back to his Nosram as the tuning and gearing nightmare became all too much for him.

Skiddins
Old 09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
A few people have mentiond in the UK that the GM seems to have the legs on the larger outdoor tracks while indoors there is little difference.

I know that most US racing is done indoors on fairly small tracks (by UK standards) or parking lot style tracks which again tend to be smaller.

The GM seems to have an advantage (according to some) on the bigger tracks that are used by nitro's etc.

On the flip side, I also know someone who has gone back to his Nosram as the tuning and gearing nightmare became all too much for him.

Skiddins
The GM has a great top speed but looses than in the infield.
But on some big nitro tracks the infield is also very fast so they don't loose that much.
On smaller and indoor tracks the Tekin is nr1.
Also easy to find a good setup wile you must be a genius to adjust the GM.
It isn't called Genius for noting
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

those are personal preferences
that doesn't mean tekin is bad or gm is better ...
so easy please
We are only sharing what's happening ...
new fw around the corner and we are all happy customer here aren't we
thanx in advance for new fw ...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yokemad
those are personal preferences
that doesn't mean tekin is bad or gm is better ...
so easy please
We are only sharing what's happening ...
new fw around the corner and we are all happy customer here aren't we
thanx in advance for new fw ...
O I'm very happy.
as specially now I got an even better setup with the turbo delay.
Service is the best and updates are great each time.
I see it on several places that They change from LRP and GM to Tekin.
The funniest thing is also that there are a lot of Photon drivers that switch to Tekin.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

True
Even Mark Young-Much more uk-Top Photon Driver decided to have one after seen my car on track (he was looking to Change)
He knows that with v200 Speedo feels and behaves like Updated different Model and all these comes Free
Old 09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so am i way off to find that for an asphalt track about 120-130 foot straight.. kinda flowing, high traction, with a novak 13.5 i should be somewhere between 5.3-5.8 fdr? just trying to get some punch out of this thing..
Old 09-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Software

Has anyone had problems loading the "Hotwire" into a net-book computer. Window XP, HP net-book.

Having a problem with the software not finding the database?

Thanks Greg G
Old 09-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
So far I am very happy with the RS Pro speedo, but not RX8 brushless system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.