Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it alot. Do you mind sharing the setup on the hotwire vegas firmware like which to use and settings on each mode. I have the setup which is perfect for my 11.5t but very new to mod setup and therefor would not like to risk burning my new motor.

I also need help on setting up on 5.5t sensor and sensorless which i intend to use on my 1/10 buggy.
Hi, would you mind to share your setup for 11.5t?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I saw that, but am not sure more timing (which inherently means less torque) helps pulling away (form a dead stop) quicker when you need maximum torque.

I'll give it a try though, thank you.
when you try it leave the rpm where you had it and 0 motor watch the car as it comes of the corner it comes fast for about 1-2ft falls flat for a couple of ft then you can see where the rpm starts then go and add some motor timing as see where it is
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjc168
Hi, would you mind to share your setup for 11.5t?

am running a orion vortex pro 11.5t sensored mode on a> Tekin Rs Pro with firmware 203.The track is parking lot technical type with approximately 70ft of straight section. Lots of slow 180deg corners, so I use torque a bit more in the infield. Grip is about medium. Outdoor asphalt (a bit coarse type). setting on esc are like these:-> > > Drag brake off> > reverse off> > throttle 3> > push 50> > voltage cut 2> Boost 45> Turbo 10> Turbo delay 0.1> Turbo ramp 2> Start RPM 4000 End RPM 14000> 8.3FDR
Old 03-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yes. That's my dilemma. I am afraid of losing some of my top end if I did that. But I will get over it and test, after all this is what it's all about. Testing time is at a very very costly premium, that's the most difficult problem I face.

To give you some further idea, I would compare the launch I had when using brushed 27 turn motors when the car would just blast off the grid like out of a cannon. I had to be careful not to wipe out the cars in front (if there were any). Right now, I have to watch the cars behind me so I don't get wiped out.

For Randy. Just to give you an example of how limited our track time is, I was talking yesterday with a friend at the track and he told me he didn't buy a Tekin simply because he doesn't have the time to tune it and the car even though he admitted the superiority of the Tekin system. It is a difficult situation we have here, but it's all we have (we are the last club to race regularly and weekly on road in the state).
I didnt spend the time to read what motor you are running but I have to roll the throttle off the start or my car will spin tires even in 17.5, and this is on very high bite carpet. maybe you are spinning your tires by punching it hard. Try rolling on the throttle to start.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Akudou
am running a orion vortex pro 11.5t sensored mode on a> Tekin Rs Pro with firmware 203.The track is parking lot technical type with approximately 70ft of straight section. Lots of slow 180deg corners, so I use torque a bit more in the infield. Grip is about medium. Outdoor asphalt (a bit coarse type). setting on esc are like these:-> > > Drag brake off> > reverse off> > throttle 3> > push 50> > voltage cut 2> Boost 45> Turbo 10> Turbo delay 0.1> Turbo ramp 2> Start RPM 4000 End RPM 14000> 8.3FDR
Thank for sharing...
just want to clarify, your push control set to 50?

I am running on a 120ft straight. my motor RPM hit 60k on the straight road. I not sure a 11.5t should have this high rpm or not. Scare over rev the motor. Please advise.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Thank for sharing...
just want to clarify, your push control set to 50?

I am running on a 120ft straight. my motor RPM hit 60k on the straight road. I not sure a 11.5t should have this high rpm or not. Scare over rev the motor. Please advise.
Try these settings

Turbo: 10
Boost: 50
Delay: Zero
Ramp: 2
Throttle: 4
Rpm: 20000 end, 5XXX start
FDR:8-9
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Try these settings

Turbo: 10
Boost: 50
Delay: Zero
Ramp: 2
Throttle: 4
Rpm: 20000 end, 5XXX start
FDR:8-9
will try out this weekend...thanks for sharing...
Old 04-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I didnt spend the time to read what motor you are running but I have to roll the throttle off the start or my car will spin tires even in 17.5, and this is on very high bite carpet. maybe you are spinning your tires by punching it hard. Try rolling on the throttle to start.
That is something I didn't think of, thank you. Truth is, the car should fling its tail about at least a teeny weeny bit if that was the case. I had that problem with the brushed motor, so I know what it should look like. I'll check again anyway.

Medium bite carpet here. SP V3 is the motor. I will try soon with a Tekin see how that goes.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

will try out this weekend...thanks for sharing...
Temp check it every few minutes. You may need to add in some motor timing
Old 04-01-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Yes. That's my dilemma. I am afraid of losing some of my top end if I did that. But I will get over it and test, after all this is what it's all about. Testing time is at a very very costly premium, that's the most difficult problem I face.

To give you some further idea, I would compare the launch I had when using brushed 27 turn motors when the car would just blast off the grid like out of a cannon. I had to be careful not to wipe out the cars in front (if there were any). Right now, I have to watch the cars behind me so I don't get wiped out.

For Randy. Just to give you an example of how limited our track time is, I was talking yesterday with a friend at the track and he told me he didn't buy a Tekin simply because he doesn't have the time to tune it and the car even though he admitted the superiority of the Tekin system. It is a difficult situation we have here, but it's all we have (we are the last club to race regularly and weekly on road in the state).
Just set your motor timing on max. Gear a bit lighter and you fly and have a great punch and a great top speed.
The V3.0 goes than like a rocked.

Than the track time.
I had my fastest setup in 2 runs.
The speedo is easy to setup and even with a not 100% right setup, it is the fastest on the track.
When you start with a setup, think of what you want.

With the Speedpassion V3.0 the timing of 5 or 10 is the best as you want a good start punch.
I prefer for that 10 motor timing.
Yesterday I helped a driver with a V3.0 and a SPX. He had 5 timing on it and the car drove away hold in and than accelerated again.
I changed his timing on his motor and it became a rocked.

I did the same with my V3.0.
I found that when I set the motor on 0 that I must gear heavy and the start RPM very low. Than I tried 5 and 10 timing and the motor could be geared much lighter with a motor timing of 10 and the car was easier to adjust to give it a smooth acceleration from the start. Also I could lower the Turbo.
As you want the Turbo delay on 0 and you use 10 on the motor than it is a rocked. 10 Turbo and the Boost on max is fast.
I think that 50 Boost will do with a Turbo ramp of 2.
Start RPM 5000 End RPM 9000.

Originally Posted by hacker
I do understand that reason to a point, but once you have a standard setup, you can use that setup with pretty much any track. It doesnt take a long time to find that setup. Most setups can be found here and works 90% of the time.

I could try and optimize my setup even more, however I'd be nit picking and time would be better spent honing my driving skills rather than finding an extra 0.1sec per lap through esc setups.
That's right. You can use almost all the tracks the same setup.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

I had one question regarding rotor type.

I had 2 orca 11.5t motors which come with 13mm rotor, one is normal (similar to Tekin TT2273) and another one is hi torque (similar to Tekin TT2277). I notice that the hi torque rotor will get hot faster, if both using the same setting in speedo.

Does anyone know what is the difference setting for this two difference rotor?
Old 04-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Hello, last weekend i run first round National outdoor, actually i run with RS pro in modified, in Dual mode, normally into 45-75 TM , with 4.5 - 4.0 Nosram motors, i put a fan to esc for ventilate the solder posts, the temp are normally in to 5 - 6 flashes, (5 min race) i run with 203 sw without problems.
This weekend i experienced a problem with ESC, my car go out of control in minute 4 or 4:30, the esc cut the power to receiver and servo, i think is possible the fan stop and are a esc overheat problem, but i test with infrared termometer , the esc are about 70ºC and 67º-72ºC the motor when occur this problem.
Somebody are experienced a similar problem?

PS: i change a motor, with the same problem, finally i put a old Sphere TC and i run the last final without problem.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you are on a 100 foot straight away do you want the start end rpms to be low or high
Old 04-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

what motor
Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by luic
Hello, last weekend i run first round National outdoor, actually i run with RS pro in modified, in Dual mode, normally into 45-75 TM , with 4.5 - 4.0 Nosram motors, i put a fan to esc for ventilate the solder posts, the temp are normally in to 5 - 6 flashes, (5 min race) i run with 203 sw without problems.
This weekend i experienced a problem with ESC, my car go out of control in minute 4 or 4:30, the esc cut the power to receiver and servo, i think is possible the fan stop and are a esc overheat problem, but i test with infrared termometer , the esc are about 70ºC and 67º-72ºC the motor when occur this problem.
Somebody are experienced a similar problem?

PS: i change a motor, with the same problem, finally i put a old Sphere TC and i run the last final without problem.

Greetings, Luis C.
Did you also use a bigger cap or 2 caps on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.