R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #13726
Tech Elite
 
mjc168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it alot. Do you mind sharing the setup on the hotwire vegas firmware like which to use and settings on each mode. I have the setup which is perfect for my 11.5t but very new to mod setup and therefor would not like to risk burning my new motor.

I also need help on setting up on 5.5t sensor and sensorless which i intend to use on my 1/10 buggy.
Hi, would you mind to share your setup for 11.5t?
__________________
http://www.pprcc.com/

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #13727
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
I saw that, but am not sure more timing (which inherently means less torque) helps pulling away (form a dead stop) quicker when you need maximum torque.

I'll give it a try though, thank you.
when you try it leave the rpm where you had it and 0 motor watch the car as it comes of the corner it comes fast for about 1-2ft falls flat for a couple of ft then you can see where the rpm starts then go and add some motor timing as see where it is
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #13728
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc168 View Post
Hi, would you mind to share your setup for 11.5t?


am running a orion vortex pro 11.5t sensored mode on a> Tekin Rs Pro with firmware 203.The track is parking lot technical type with approximately 70ft of straight section. Lots of slow 180deg corners, so I use torque a bit more in the infield. Grip is about medium. Outdoor asphalt (a bit coarse type). setting on esc are like these:-> > > Drag brake off> > reverse off> > throttle 3> > push 50> > voltage cut 2> Boost 45> Turbo 10> Turbo delay 0.1> Turbo ramp 2> Start RPM 4000 End RPM 14000> 8.3FDR
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 PM   #13729
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,772
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Yes. That's my dilemma. I am afraid of losing some of my top end if I did that. But I will get over it and test, after all this is what it's all about. Testing time is at a very very costly premium, that's the most difficult problem I face.

To give you some further idea, I would compare the launch I had when using brushed 27 turn motors when the car would just blast off the grid like out of a cannon. I had to be careful not to wipe out the cars in front (if there were any). Right now, I have to watch the cars behind me so I don't get wiped out.

For Randy. Just to give you an example of how limited our track time is, I was talking yesterday with a friend at the track and he told me he didn't buy a Tekin simply because he doesn't have the time to tune it and the car even though he admitted the superiority of the Tekin system. It is a difficult situation we have here, but it's all we have (we are the last club to race regularly and weekly on road in the state).
I didnt spend the time to read what motor you are running but I have to roll the throttle off the start or my car will spin tires even in 17.5, and this is on very high bite carpet. maybe you are spinning your tires by punching it hard. Try rolling on the throttle to start.
__________________
Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - RocheUSA - MonTech - Sanwa - BSR Racing Tires - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #13730
Tech Elite
 
mjc168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akudou View Post
am running a orion vortex pro 11.5t sensored mode on a> Tekin Rs Pro with firmware 203.The track is parking lot technical type with approximately 70ft of straight section. Lots of slow 180deg corners, so I use torque a bit more in the infield. Grip is about medium. Outdoor asphalt (a bit coarse type). setting on esc are like these:-> > > Drag brake off> > reverse off> > throttle 3> > push 50> > voltage cut 2> Boost 45> Turbo 10> Turbo delay 0.1> Turbo ramp 2> Start RPM 4000 End RPM 14000> 8.3FDR
Thank for sharing...
just want to clarify, your push control set to 50?

I am running on a 120ft straight. my motor RPM hit 60k on the straight road. I not sure a 11.5t should have this high rpm or not. Scare over rev the motor. Please advise.
__________________
http://www.pprcc.com/

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #13731
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc168 View Post
Thank for sharing...
just want to clarify, your push control set to 50?

I am running on a 120ft straight. my motor RPM hit 60k on the straight road. I not sure a 11.5t should have this high rpm or not. Scare over rev the motor. Please advise.
Try these settings

Turbo: 10
Boost: 50
Delay: Zero
Ramp: 2
Throttle: 4
Rpm: 20000 end, 5XXX start
FDR:8-9
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #13732
Tech Elite
 
mjc168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Try these settings

Turbo: 10
Boost: 50
Delay: Zero
Ramp: 2
Throttle: 4
Rpm: 20000 end, 5XXX start
FDR:8-9
will try out this weekend...thanks for sharing...
__________________
http://www.pprcc.com/

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #13733
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I didnt spend the time to read what motor you are running but I have to roll the throttle off the start or my car will spin tires even in 17.5, and this is on very high bite carpet. maybe you are spinning your tires by punching it hard. Try rolling on the throttle to start.
That is something I didn't think of, thank you. Truth is, the car should fling its tail about at least a teeny weeny bit if that was the case. I had that problem with the brushed motor, so I know what it should look like. I'll check again anyway.

Medium bite carpet here. SP V3 is the motor. I will try soon with a Tekin see how that goes.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #13734
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc168 View Post
will try out this weekend...thanks for sharing...
Temp check it every few minutes. You may need to add in some motor timing
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #13735
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Yes. That's my dilemma. I am afraid of losing some of my top end if I did that. But I will get over it and test, after all this is what it's all about. Testing time is at a very very costly premium, that's the most difficult problem I face.

To give you some further idea, I would compare the launch I had when using brushed 27 turn motors when the car would just blast off the grid like out of a cannon. I had to be careful not to wipe out the cars in front (if there were any). Right now, I have to watch the cars behind me so I don't get wiped out.

For Randy. Just to give you an example of how limited our track time is, I was talking yesterday with a friend at the track and he told me he didn't buy a Tekin simply because he doesn't have the time to tune it and the car even though he admitted the superiority of the Tekin system. It is a difficult situation we have here, but it's all we have (we are the last club to race regularly and weekly on road in the state).
Just set your motor timing on max. Gear a bit lighter and you fly and have a great punch and a great top speed.
The V3.0 goes than like a rocked.

Than the track time.
I had my fastest setup in 2 runs.
The speedo is easy to setup and even with a not 100% right setup, it is the fastest on the track.
When you start with a setup, think of what you want.

With the Speedpassion V3.0 the timing of 5 or 10 is the best as you want a good start punch.
I prefer for that 10 motor timing.
Yesterday I helped a driver with a V3.0 and a SPX. He had 5 timing on it and the car drove away hold in and than accelerated again.
I changed his timing on his motor and it became a rocked.

I did the same with my V3.0.
I found that when I set the motor on 0 that I must gear heavy and the start RPM very low. Than I tried 5 and 10 timing and the motor could be geared much lighter with a motor timing of 10 and the car was easier to adjust to give it a smooth acceleration from the start. Also I could lower the Turbo.
As you want the Turbo delay on 0 and you use 10 on the motor than it is a rocked. 10 Turbo and the Boost on max is fast.
I think that 50 Boost will do with a Turbo ramp of 2.
Start RPM 5000 End RPM 9000.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I do understand that reason to a point, but once you have a standard setup, you can use that setup with pretty much any track. It doesnt take a long time to find that setup. Most setups can be found here and works 90% of the time.

I could try and optimize my setup even more, however I'd be nit picking and time would be better spent honing my driving skills rather than finding an extra 0.1sec per lap through esc setups.
That's right. You can use almost all the tracks the same setup.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #13736
Tech Elite
 
mjc168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I had one question regarding rotor type.

I had 2 orca 11.5t motors which come with 13mm rotor, one is normal (similar to Tekin TT2273) and another one is hi torque (similar to Tekin TT2277). I notice that the hi torque rotor will get hot faster, if both using the same setting in speedo.

Does anyone know what is the difference setting for this two difference rotor?
__________________
http://www.pprcc.com/

1/10 On-road Touring: Schumacher MI3 + Tekin RS Pro + Orca RX-1 11.5t BL Motor
1/10 On-road Touring: Xray T3 2011 + Tekin RS Pro + Tekin Redline 10.5t BL Motor
mjc168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #13737
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Default

Hello, last weekend i run first round National outdoor, actually i run with RS pro in modified, in Dual mode, normally into 45-75 TM , with 4.5 - 4.0 Nosram motors, i put a fan to esc for ventilate the solder posts, the temp are normally in to 5 - 6 flashes, (5 min race) i run with 203 sw without problems.
This weekend i experienced a problem with ESC, my car go out of control in minute 4 or 4:30, the esc cut the power to receiver and servo, i think is possible the fan stop and are a esc overheat problem, but i test with infrared termometer , the esc are about 70C and 67-72C the motor when occur this problem.
Somebody are experienced a similar problem?

PS: i change a motor, with the same problem, finally i put a old Sphere TC and i run the last final without problem.

Greetings, Luis C.
__________________
## NOSRAM ## YOKOMO BD5W ## BMI DB12RR+ ##
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #13738
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

if you are on a 100 foot straight away do you want the start end rpms to be low or high
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #13739
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

what motor
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #13740
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luic View Post
Hello, last weekend i run first round National outdoor, actually i run with RS pro in modified, in Dual mode, normally into 45-75 TM , with 4.5 - 4.0 Nosram motors, i put a fan to esc for ventilate the solder posts, the temp are normally in to 5 - 6 flashes, (5 min race) i run with 203 sw without problems.
This weekend i experienced a problem with ESC, my car go out of control in minute 4 or 4:30, the esc cut the power to receiver and servo, i think is possible the fan stop and are a esc overheat problem, but i test with infrared termometer , the esc are about 70C and 67-72C the motor when occur this problem.
Somebody are experienced a similar problem?

PS: i change a motor, with the same problem, finally i put a old Sphere TC and i run the last final without problem.

Greetings, Luis C.
Did you also use a bigger cap or 2 caps on it?
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net