Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

what does it take to update to the 203 software? Can my friend with a hotwire update mine for me or do i have to send it in?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart
what does it take to update to the 203 software? Can my friend with a hotwire update mine for me or do i have to send it in?
You just need a windows computer and the hotwire. Doesn't matter who's it is as anyone can do it for you once they have the latest software on their comp.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I would like to thank Tekin for their quick service. Fantastic to see a new speedy to replace my old one that gave up the ghost. Good to see a company back up a fantastic product with fantastic service.

Adam Beniston.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Great work, congratulations to whomever did it. I used to race at the track there. Still have the old YR4 with its battlescars. I guess it's about as big as the old track?
Yea its the same size. re-painted surface and new layout Lap times are around 21.8 seconds...in mod, 22.6 for 10.5, and 22.8 for stock (Fastest laps). On the layout Benzaah has showed in the picture. Running Anti-clockwise.

On another note tried my Tekin with 10.5 last night. Seems fast, ill see this weekend at the event im travelling too. hope it all goes well

Antoni
Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cartpet on Road Nationals

Is there a Tekin sponsored driver attending the Carpet on Road Nationals next week at MD?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone can share a good indoor carpet (35x90) rubber TC setup for TEKIN RS V203 with (1) Tekin Redline 17.5 and (2) Novak 13.5 SS? Thanks...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have an iPhone and I try to download the driver setup sheets off the Tekin website but they come up blank? Anyone have a way to get them to show the settings? Thanks for any help. Love this speedo.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just been training outside for the first time this year ,

all i can say is WOW !!!!!

straight line speed is AWSOME and the punch out of the corners is great

fantastic speedo , keeps amazing me
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
just been training outside for the first time this year ,

all i can say is WOW !!!!!

straight line speed is AWSOME and the punch out of the corners is great

fantastic speedo , keeps amazing me
What was your setup and motor temp?

I go Sunday finally on the outdoor track.
I can't wait.
As I don't have my 13,5 in this week, than it will be the 10,5T motor.
It will be overkill on the track but I also want to see how it goes.

I think that some drivers will be afraid as they see the power.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tekin RS solder post

Is it possible to remove the solder post on the Tekin speedo and solder the wire directly to the solder pad? The reason I ask is because there are couple of time on my local tract the that wire got de-solder and burn the speedo. Need responce.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Paroxysmal
Is it possible to remove the solder post on the Tekin speedo and solder the wire directly to the solder pad? The reason I ask is because there are couple of time on my local tract the that wire got de-solder and burn the speedo. Need responce.
Doubtful. Now that almost all manufacturers are ROHS certified (basically, using lead free processes/materials), the solder used melts at higher temperatures. Without a decent solder rework station, you'll probably damage the circuit board (or at least the traces) trying to remove the posts. And it will void your warranty. Even more of a risk on an RSPro due to the posts being connected to two boards. And the posts are used as a heatsink during normal operation.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm using Jesse Munn's SC10 setup as a baseline and had a question. On the setup sheet it says the timing boost was set to 10. Looking in the interface I don't see a timing boost option. However I see a turbo ramp, but that is not on his setup sheet. Are these one and the same? Does the timing boost get set on the ESC and not through the HotWire?
Old 03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
I'm using Jesse Munn's SC10 setup as a baseline and had a question. On the setup sheet it says the timing boost was set to 10. Looking in the interface I don't see a timing boost option. However I see a turbo ramp, but that is not on his setup sheet. Are these one and the same? Does the timing boost get set on the ESC and not through the HotWire?
Is the Sensored Mode box checked, or Dual mode? Once you check the sensored mode box, you get timing boost. You can only select those in Hotwire.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Is the Sensored Mode box checked, or Dual mode? Once you check the sensored mode box, you get timing boost. You can only select those in Hotwire.
It was in dual mode. Is that the ticket then? I thought the advantage was doing Dual Mode, that way it kicks it into sensorless and increases the RPM on the top-end.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
It was in dual mode. Is that the ticket then? I thought the advantage was doing Dual Mode, that way it kicks it into sensorless and increases the RPM on the top-end.
I think most of the use for dual mode is for modified motors, and maybe off-road. Since in dual mode (or complete sensorless mode), the ESC doesn't know the exact position of the rotor, it has to be a little less aggressive than it can be in pure sensored mode. Thus, it should be turning more RPM in sensored mode because the timing can be more precise as to when to apply power to the poles of the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.