Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

all the results and features sounds great... what would sound even better would be a target price and a release window. Close enough to pick a month? A 6 week range? anything that will help me hold off buying a competitors esc knowing that i need a new one in the coming months?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Now that is what I am talking about. Mo has been one of our toughest challenges by far.

Jimmy Flack also gave us the first National championship for the RS in 21.5 w/lipo at the Roar Carpet Oval Nats. He also made the Amain in 13.5 and finished 5th. Congrats Jimmy!

So Marcos stop raining on our parade... Please. We deserve some sunshine and have worked hard for it. This is a good thread with good information about the RS from respected people. Hopefully it will continue to be a good resource for readers looking for real answers.

The RS is speaking for itself. The R1 was not perfect in all applications, mostly slow motors in TC and 4cell oval. It is very popular in offroad, works good with mod sensored motors and is excellent with our motors.

Tekin Prez
well if is raining get an umbrella i was just stating that the you guys rush a worthless R1 pro esc out to your customers ,me being one of them and I just threw my money away, then as soon as you put the R1 on the market ,you guys come out with the new sensor version for the R1 pro (RS). And you said it your self that the R1 is not perfect then why put it out?? isnt that why Tekin went out of business before?? If is not prefect dont sell it!

Im willing to give your new esc a shot again nopefully it will work
Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
That hurts DADDY when you say things like that.......ha ha ha
Just trying to make sure you are prepared for the next time we race. I wouldn't want you so devestated after you lose to me that you couldn't drive home. LOL

Thats what you GET! LOL

Good Job MO!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For the third time CAN I TRADE THE R1 PRO TOWARDS THR RS?

Teamtekin
you said that the R1 is not perfect in all applications well I race TC and not being perfect just does not cut it for me @ 240 bucks
Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

WANT!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Team Tekin

Left turn….. Then back to the good stuff hopefully.

I would really rather not debate the R1 here, but I guess I have to defend ourselves. You are presenting a very narrow view. So sensorless systems should not be sold even though they are the best selling products on the market and won the readers choice awards? We can debate that further somewhere else, but the market in general has a broader view.

We did not rush out the R1 and it was not a waste of money for a lot of people. It is winning all over the world in offroad and TC mod. With our motors it is excellent and in fact we are sold out currently. IT is also 98% of an RS and why we were able to release the RS fairly quickly.

I realize it was a bust for you and your applications and I apologize and thank you for the second chance. We will be offering a low cost exchange for those that were disappointed… but only the nice ones

We are shipping units this week. Qty is limited as always on first runs and it will take some time to catch up with backorders. Since it all looks very good at this point we are making a lot of them as fast as possible. The price is the same as the R1. The R1 price will be dropping shortly and will be marketed with our motors which are less expensive to build than the sensored motors and allow for a lower system price for the masses. We still think our motors have a much better feel than the legal sensored motors in many applications and many people agree.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 05-05-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have an RS (not pro version) on pre-order with Horizon. Can I expect that soon or is the first batch all pro versions?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
After the last couple races, I know YOU don't want to talk about speedo problems. Mr. wandering neutral or Mr. My car smells like burnt electronics. Also, it was an orange speedo that stuttered in front of me 2x in the first qualifier that cost me a good run. Let me see you run that orange speedo w/o a fan and see how long it lasts.

I had no problems with the RS or RS Pro this weekend. The PRO got a bit hot in mod sedan but my install arrangement was less than ideal. I have it rearranged now and expect it to be running much cooler next time out.

I am still going to wait for people to get them, but I will probably buy one
Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by or8ital
I have an RS (not pro version) on pre-order with Horizon. Can I expect that soon or is the first batch all pro versions?
Tekin Prez, is this something you can tell me? Thanks!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Team Tekin

I am such a perfection junky... They are ready to go, but we were tweaking a little minor something something that one of our drivers found that led us to something else that was very cool. We are done, I swear, and they will start shipping tommorow. Team Driver are first and then distributors including Horizon.

They really do look good! This is the happiest I have been since we bought Tekin and I am a lot more fun to be around. First shipment of Lipos also come in next week. Now we just need our sensored motors and the 1/8 scale Rx8 esc finished and I am hanging out on the lake... at least on weekends and evenings.

Tekin Prez
Old 05-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
I am such a perfection junky... They are ready to go, but we were tweaking a little minor something something that one of our drivers found that led us to something else that was very cool. We are done, I swear, and they will start shipping tommorow. Team Driver are first and then distributors including Horizon.

They really do look good! This is the happiest I have been since we bought Tekin and I am a lot more fun to be around. First shipment of Lipos also come in next week. Now we just need our sensored motors and the 1/8 scale Rx8 esc finished and I am hanging out on the lake... at least on weekends and evenings.

Tekin Prez
what other distributors will get their stock quckly? Horizon is on my S list, but I'd like to order one of these to have next week.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Team Tekin

The bulk of our backorders are overseas oddly. Perhaps due to our previous late deliveries some of the US distributors are waiting to see it happen. It is also approaching the slower season where they watch inventory really close. However snooze you loose, new orders are bottom of the pile at this point.

My money says Stormer will have them available first because they are really quick at getting things logged in and up live compared to most. Bob is our buddy and really close to us. He was our first major order when we revived Tekin and one of the first to order the RS. Rewarding the faithful....

Since most distributors do not really meet the definition anymore, stock shallow and are often out of stock on popular items, dealers are welcome to buy direct. Regardless of where the dealers purchase product we like them to sign up as a dealer so they get current info and promo materials from us as well as a cool authorized dealer sticker and a sweet banner.

Tekin Prez
Old 05-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Is the first batch RS and RS Pro or just the Pro models?
Old 05-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Team Tekin

We built some of both this first run and will be shipping both. Had to prove that we are loading the right components in both versions since there are minor differences and they are different load programs. We have been stung by a misloaded part before. Once you push the button on a fast SMT machine a few thousand pop out really quick and then the work starts.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

a pic of the RS in the Hyperdrive car.......21.5 BL Lipo .....The Speed control worked great all weekend, perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-picture-0211.jpg   Tekin RS ESC sensored-picture-0166.jpg  

Last edited by jakespeed; 04-21-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.