Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
ken putting 'standard' and 'weight' in same sentence? somethin must be wrong with the air out there. come back sir feather, back to the former stomping grounds of wes lion (lol).

comforted by fact that i dont have to 'settle' for the N Brand when it comes time to outfit for 21.5/lipo TA.

R
Never!!!!!!!!!!! I truly belong out here. The weather is better, the community is better, and hell, they even let you into traffic out here. And the best part is I'm only 2 1/2 hours away from the gate!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are there any team drivers running the RS in on-road mod?

Just wondering what settings they are using. The low suggested timing is good for me in that it limits the power, however, for better mod drivers who want all the power they can get, im wondering what the ideal setup is....
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mangoman
Are there any team drivers running the RS in on-road mod?

Just wondering what settings they are using. The low suggested timing is good for me in that it limits the power, however, for better mod drivers who want all the power they can get, im wondering what the ideal setup is....
Me too, there is a lot of stock info around but not enough on mod. So Jeff or anyone else, could you give us mod racers a little push in the right direction?
Thanks
Z
Old 08-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

In 5-cell mod I've been told to run the 3.5T at 95% timing... Haven't had the time to try it yet but i'd suggest you try increasing to around 80% and see what you get.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ouch 95% Is anyone able to confirm that, as we run 5 cell in Australia at the moment.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Standard weight

RS 2.0oz or 56.699g

RSPRo 2.3oz or 65.204g

W/O wires

By Tekin specs, it with wires. Could be less, depending on your layout of wire. Specs are taking from Tekin websight of standard weight of ESC.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We haev an RS forum running on our site that the team drivers are posting there setups.

Jaosn Moberly runs the RS Pro in Mod. He's a factory AE driver and runs strapped. I'm sure he'll post his setup soon.

Most guys that run the RS in mod are running it in dual mode and adjust the timing to fit there power needs. More timing gives more rpm's and top end rip. Less timing will get you more torque and will require a gearing change for the same top end.

Those of you that are running it, where are your current settings? What are you looking for in performance gains? Top end? Bottom End?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geezatec
By Tekin specs, it with wires. Could be less, depending on your layout of wire. Specs are taking from Tekin websight of standard weight of ESC.
We all know that but the question asked was the weight without the wires hence us weighting our units.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We haev an RS forum running on our site that the team drivers are posting there setups.

Jaosn Moberly runs the RS Pro in Mod. He's a factory AE driver and runs strapped. I'm sure he'll post his setup soon.

Most guys that run the RS in mod are running it in dual mode and adjust the timing to fit there power needs. More timing gives more rpm's and top end rip. Less timing will get you more torque and will require a gearing change for the same top end.

Those of you that are running it, where are your current settings? What are you looking for in performance gains? Top end? Bottom End?
Randy, unless Jason runs 5-cell mod then I seriously doubt he'll be of any help, as removing one cell makes a really big difference on how the speedo performs, especially in dual mode.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've seen the same question posted there as here about Jeff Cuffs' 13.5T profile and haven't seen a solid answer yet. Maybe I'm just too dense to understand so maybe someone could really spell it out. I know others are wondering as well. Here goes:

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
13.5 and 10.5 touring
Back down timing on 10.5 if motor temp gets too high
Sensored only mode
90% timing

throttle profile 5
drag brake 50
brake strength 60
What's up with "Sensored Only" and "90% timing"?? Aren't these mutually exclusive? I'm trying to take this thing racing this weekend and will have the Hotwire on hand, but would like a good starting point.

So should we ignore the "Sensored Only" suggestion above? Or is that just for mod?

It would be nice to have some good general "start here and tune to suit" profiles for various motors and configurations. Personally, I'm running 13.5 TC, rubber, asphalt.

Thanks! Not trying to sound snarky. Just confused.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I get a 404 error when I try to get to the Tekin forum...
Old 08-19-2008, 03:26 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'm afraid i dont have any experience with BL of the sensored variety. in TA, ur forced to use 'N' Brand motors. will tekin's new offering be able to drive it, sensors common? thx

R
Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

hey Randy

congrats on the new gig email me with a number I can reach you at
Old 08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My personal recomendations for guys running TC 13.5/10.5 would be to start out in sensored only, max motor timing and adjust MOTOR timing from there. The timing bar on the Hotwire only affects the timing while in dual mode. In sensored only it's negated.

In mod, the timing being that far advanced isn't a great thing. It's a motor by motor basis but we've found that too much timing simply creates heat. So that's where a setup like MO's works best. However if you're using 5 cell I'd recomend Sensored only mode similiar to the 13.5/10.5 due to the lower voltages.

General mod setup for 6 cell could be say a 4T using 70 on the timing bar. The motor timing isn't utilized at all in dual mode so where it's set won't matter.

Things like throttle profiles is a user decided option. I prefer mine to be very linear(TP 3) but Jeff has his set to be quite agressive using TP 5.

Here's the RS thread:

http://www.teamtekin.com/forums/topi...8&whichpage=19
Old 08-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Redline sensored motors are in stock at Stormer. I just ordered mine...can't wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.