Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
It only gets that temp out west

But you should definitely get one off fisher i dropped over a second on my times last night and so did andrew and he was keeping up and betting your brother
when he coundnt touch him 2 weeks ago
How long have you lived in oz? It gets that hot everywhere in summer!

Dazza is like me, if he goes out testing you need to know the details before you assess his speed as he may very well be running poor rubbers or something else specific. I doubt a speedy will pick you up that much but it can help you alot for sure.

Good to hear that it can handle a 4.5 alright in decent temp as I am looking into a possible change in ESC due to this stupid weight crap. I have heard it mentioned before that the RX8 is better for mod but it is also big and heavy. how much does that change if you rip all that crap off the top of it and use a smaller size fan?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Mikky:

Did you set your EPA to 90% calibrated the speedo with the radio and after that set the EPA back to 100% or even higher?
No

Timing on 15. Why so low?
During the test, at 25, it show for a couple of times a "blanck" for a couple of seconds. Imagine a thermal stop, last a second or two, then I could drive again.
So I set it down, not a single exitation during the whole day. Don't forget that afternoon can be very hot in Italy on summer...

This because of the Lipo?
I've tested the system with LRP 5300-25C (3 different packs) Trak power 4900-20 and 25C, a pack of Vampire. Same story.

On a short track like this one, the "softy" was not so appreciate, on a larger track (22-23 sec/lap) is way more evident. Lap times doesn't change, you felt less push out the turns. Say you change a bit your drivng style and lap times are constant.

During 2008 I was a "blue" boy Never goes "softy".... but smoke 3 times in a season...

Did you try a higher Timing?
Not yesterday. With the Speedpassion 4.5 on larger track I was on 45, but I had 2 thermal...So I went down again at 25.
Useful to say, is that the "softy" moment is less soft with Tekin than with Speedpassion
What temp is the motor getting to ??
I have run with my Speedpassion V1.1 and 2.0 with 4.5 and 3.5 motors on lipo and never experienced this soft feel you mention.
Only thing i can think of is that the motor is getting hot and fading .
try drop a tooth or two on the pinion and add some timing if you need a bit more speed.
alternative drop your timing with the gearing you have currently.
Also using 25c lipo batteries tends to drop of in voltage after a few minutes.
For mod you will notice a big difference with 35 or higher c rated lipo batteries.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikky32
Do you use a fan on your soldering post?
because I think that as you can keep your speedo cooler, that you will have more power.

Try it with your EPA.

From the Lipo's I thought that you used 15 timing because of the power of the lipo's.
With so much power I can;t keep my car on the track.
I want to see it how it goos.
Yes, the fan is on the posts... somehow... the space on the losi is way limited, so the fan is on the side of the esc, blowing on the posts.

Lipo power... honestly speaking, they never impress me that much. For a certain time in my racing career I've had access at Orion driver batteries...just before lipo went on.

EPA oversetting
at the begin of my tekin moment I was doing that, due the fact my Futaba was not always "found" properly, then I change to a new Futaba VCS Fasst.
Always found properly, therefore i never over EPA again.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Razzor

Motor is 70ish (celsius).

I can't drop any pinion, motor is already collapsed against the mount... Losi room....

About the lipo dropping...
As told last year I was blue... never had that feeling, and I was using trakpower 4900 20C and 25C.

I've some 40C on the way to me, I will tell you then...
Old 07-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

The only mod I drove was with a 4,5 LRP X11 on 5 cell.
Never with lipo.
I drive now 10,5 Lipo and 10,5 5 cell.
This Sunday I go to race with a Tamiya sport tuned.
So for me 4T with Lipo is fast.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Mikky

Sorry, It wasn't my intention.

I mean, the old (at least the last I've used) IB4200 were much "harder" than lipos.
Those batteries were really giving you a boost!!! Lipo are "flatter" in this regards.

And, without a doubt, a 4T is definitely a fast ticket, with any kind of battery!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well hopefully I will be able to solder them back in without too much trouble. I am using the side pods on the F104 and there was room, but did not like all the wires running up uver the upperdeck. I did not realize there are differnt trays. Maybe I should look at what I have left in the box.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

before you do that, i have an RS with the posts removed. The esc has only seen 17.5 and has never seen more than 1 led temp wise. If your not over heating, you will be fine.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ok, I will give it a try and watch the temps, only running 17.5 also.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

The RS-pro with motor mod (3.5, 4.0, 4.5) have problems temperature..... engines mod can be put and not have temperature problems, but the result will not be competitive.
Whit motors type stock Rs is the best............
Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
How long have you lived in oz? It gets that hot everywhere in summer!

Dazza is like me, if he goes out testing you need to know the details before you assess his speed as he may very well be running poor rubbers or something else specific. I doubt a speedy will pick you up that much but it can help you alot for sure.

Good to hear that it can handle a 4.5 alright in decent temp as I am looking into a possible change in ESC due to this stupid weight crap. I have heard it mentioned before that the RX8 is better for mod but it is also big and heavy. how much does that change if you rip all that crap off the top of it and use a smaller size fan?
Ya a couple of days a year maybe but 35c often ( my poor irish skin )

but he did bounce back in the next heat

good to see him back racing but i didn't see you last night

are you guys traveling to Bathurst for CC

AS for the rs pro v RX8 send randy a pm he has been very helpful

and im sure he would be interest in a driver of your caliber
Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

will there ever be support for 64bit OS
for the hotwire system?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

showing some TEKIN support on the VTA car I finished today!

Hint : look in rear glass

Alex
Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by higbo
The RS-pro with motor mod (3.5, 4.0, 4.5) have problems temperature..... engines mod can be put and not have temperature problems, but the result will not be competitive.
Whit motors type stock Rs is the best............
LiPo use 4T or 4.5T had very fast .
Temp around 60-70 C
Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
Ya a couple of days a year maybe but 35c often ( my poor irish skin )

but he did bounce back in the next heat

good to see him back racing but i didn't see you last night

are you guys traveling to Bathurst for CC

AS for the rs pro v RX8 send randy a pm he has been very helpful

and im sure he would be interest in a driver of your caliber
yeh first run i was on sorex 36 an old used used pair. second run i put on a set of 32's so it would grip a bit more and before the final i made a balance change and we were pretty even!! but he only ran stock last night!! before that he was running 10.5. but when i have to run against muchmore 32's its hard to keep up unless you are running them! they just turn at any speed and in cold weather they hold immense corner speed to! but i had fun having a challenge for a change! but im still waiting upon a motor. hopefully there will be a tenth there as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.