Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnthonyN
Hello,

I'm running a RS with firmware 212 with a Revtech 17.5. I'm running boosted but I'm unsure of my settings.

I've been told when running boosted my FDR should be between 6 - 7. That's what a few of the faster guys are running. However, the only way I can keep up with the rest of the pack is with and FDR around 4.6. The car was too slow when running higher FDRs like 6.

My settings are full boost, no turbo, thottle profile 3, sensord only. I also have two ticks of timing in the motor.

Our track has about a 100' straight on it.

Could I be over timing the motor? What else could I be doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gear might be different for your track.. but I am faster with the new 223 and gearing @ 6ish... a range of 5-14000.. the figures the guy above Mazmo suggested are ok.. but depends on the ticks on the motor and if u are getting too hot. I use 8 degrees on a Duo 3.. also ramp of 2.. 3 just gets the motor hot and no quicker for me..

Cheers
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
I'm not sure how you could assume 212 would be legal? as there is no mention of it anywhere on that page.

Looking at that page, under the Software Version section, a couple of other speedo manufacturers have multiple version numbers allowed, Tekin only has one version listed - 223.

In addition under the Notes section it explains how to tell if it is in no timing mode and that LED 3,4,5 will be on and blinking. 'Locked' is a Tekin specific software function. It does not say only LED 3,5 should be on.

So if I was a race organizer, I would print that page and go straight off of it .. the version must be 223 and LED's 3,4,5 must be flashing.

From that page, assuming 212 is legal is like assuming 208 is legal, which it is not.

Your logic on this has merit.

I would say that it's up to Tekin to contact ROAR and get it sorted out if Tekin wants to profess that 212 is legal.

Since there are several different manufacturers listed who have several different software versions listed as legal, one must infer that if it (in this case Tekin 212) is not listed, that it was intentionally left off and that it's not legal for ROAR events or tracks that follow a strict ROAR structure for their weekly club races.

Of course, this all assumes that ROAR simply isn't being sloppy, malicious, or mischevious in the maintenance of this particular list.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
I know my favorite speedo made the list. Did yours? I see a few speedos missing!

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737
Every speedo that has been sent in has been listed. So if its not on the list it means it hasnt been sent in yet for approval. Dont read into the list to much.

Also 212 is not legal if its not listed on there. Only the listed ones are legal for ROAR.

EA
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
I'm not sure how you could assume 212 would be legal? as there is no mention of it anywhere on that page.

Looking at that page, under the Software Version section, a couple of other speedo manufacturers have multiple version numbers allowed, Tekin only has one version listed - 223.
I guess because if it was legal before why wouldn't it be legal now? If for example a new motor comes out, does the old one now become illegal? It would only seem logical that since 212 was legal simply because a newer version of software is available doesn't mean someone MUST use it.

We offered the Spec Lockout as an "option" not a requirement. You can still but the esc into regular "blinky" mode by using Timing Profile 1. It will blink led's 3 and 5, same as 212.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I guess because if it was legal before why wouldn't it be legal now? If for example a new motor comes out, does the old one now become illegal? It would only seem logical that since 212 was legal simply because a newer version of software is available doesn't mean someone MUST use it.

We offered the Spec Lockout as an "option" not a requirement. You can still but the esc into regular "blinky" mode by using Timing Profile 1. It will blink led's 3 and 5, same as 212.
Because the list is exclusive. Unless it's listed, it's not legal. Get ROAR to fix their list, and it's no longer an issue.

By your logic, a newbie who didn't know that 208 was illegal, and somehow got ahold of 208, would have a valid argument to say that 208 was legal.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Team Tekin

Good point Buckaroo(that name makes me smile lol).

223 is better than 212 to begin with. I simply can see no reason to disallow the older 212 version. Regardless 223 is legal and the better of the two versions.

Moving on....
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Team Tekin

Ideally there would be some faith and confidence in the manufacturers and we could approve a spec mode indicator rather than specific versions.

IE Any version that has the approved spec mode indicator is a legitimate version.

It simply makes no sense for a manufacturer to try and cheat considering the chances of getting away with it are ZERO. It has also been shown that there is no chance of hacking any of the controllers because they are all well encrypted and protected. In most cases it is just a lot of paranoia about nothing...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It has also been shown that there is no chance of hacking any of the controllers because they are all well encrypted and protected.
Statements like this disappoint me and show the difference between technical experts and marketing/management. Pretty sure what you just said above is what every CC company, financial processor, security company, government, or system designer has said just before they got hacked. Anything is possible with enough time and effort. You are just banking people aren't that bored or skilled.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Team Tekin

I believe it was presented to some truely skilled hackers and technical experts outside of RC and that is what they responded back with. I agree with data systems, but we are talking about embedded firmware in this case.

If this is not true then we are truly doomed in spec racing since nonprogramable esc's or allowing only a single manufacturer does not fix the problem either.

More rules simply creates more areas to be exploited. The only place true equality exist is when everyone is pushing against the same peformance limits of the system and free market competition is allowed to exist. It is self regulating because everyone is motivated to compete and survive.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-18-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Ideally there would be some faith and confidence in the manufacturers and we could approve a spec mode indicator rather than specific versions.

IE Any version that has the approved spec mode indicator is a legitimate version....
Your saying that if the speedo simply 'blinks' than it should be legal .. forget about what's in the box, just focus on the blinking lights? I believe you posted in the past that 208 was a mistake and yet it blinked so where does that get us? Orca's also blink and have not seem them on the ROAR list for quite some time ..

From a manufacturer's perspective, I could see why you would want this. As your could distribute whatever software you wanted to whomever you wanted at any given time so long as it blinks. From a racer's perspective, this seems like regular joe vs. team driver favoritism.

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
It simply makes no sense for a manufacturer to try and cheat considering the chances of getting away with it are ZERO.
Trying to cheat and making mistakes, results in the same thing from the racer's persepctive. Mistakes happen apprently.

The approval process is simply there to give a little oversight and double check leaglity. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Team Tekin

The Prez is not trying to argue the approval process in the first place. It clearly works as some esc's are approved, others are not.

Not all "spec" esc's actually blink for the record. This "class" has simply gotten the nickname since most of them do.

We have no issues with blinky spec racing, the approval process,etc. We feel that this "idea" and set of rules makes an even playing field for all companies and products that choose to enter the class.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

need help to register on Tekin site

I tried a hotmail and gmail email and both have the below reply

The e-mail address you entered is not allowed to be used.

How can I solve this Tekin please help.

thank you.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I can not see what all the fuss is about with what's on the ROAR list and what's not. Just upgrade to 223 and the problem is solved.

The only reason we have a blinky class is for those that didn't have a Tekin anyway.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello, just purchased a 13.5tekin motor and have a rs pro do anyone have a good set up and the final gear for it, thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Hello, just purchased a 13.5tekin motor and have a rs pro do anyone have a good set up and the final gear for it, thanks
sure,we need to know what you are using it in first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.