push off
drag br off
brake str 100
rev off
throt min 10
neut width 7
brake min 10
track size is 40by 90 feet.
This is the exact same as i used for 212. Lower speed brakes are fine. But at the end of the straight the brakes are very weak. took me by surprize the first time.
Everything else is very good
The other problem that I am having is that hotwire program dosen't look or work quite right... If I use the up and down arrows to adjust settings it goes to the "curves" screen.I can use the slider just fine tho. Same with selcting sensord only and locked spec. I can't see all the motor type adjustments just the first two letters BL andBR the rest is covered by the setup notes. Same with the turbo delay numbers they are half there

is every one using the full or the expess setup
I have tried both the EXE and the ZIP with the same results
I am useing windows 7. Am I missing somthing with the install or deleting 212
Thanks in advance Randy

I downloaded the ZIP file, and used the full setup install.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Con
Tech Adept

Do you have any of the problems with the program that I am decribing?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con

Nope, works as it should.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
Did you recalibrate your radio to the ESC before you changed any settings. I helped a few people out this weekend at the track, and the RS would act funny if you did not calibrate before changing the default settings. I don't know why, but it just would not work correctly. So after playing around a bit, I decided to update again, then disconnect, calibrate, reconnect and adjust. That seemed to be the trick. I thought the brakes were fine. We are running boosted SC and it had more than enough brakes coming off the straights.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Con
Tech Adept

Walkmans screen looks much better then mine. I think somthing is corupting my downlaod or install. if this gets fixed I think my brake issue may be fixed

Macdude... I have tried before, and after and also tried a factory reset
Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
Walkmans screen looks much better then mine. I think somthing is corupting my downlaod or install. if this gets fixed I think my brake issue may be fixed

Macdude... I have tried before, and after and also tried a factory reset
That's how my interface looks to.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Con
Tech Adept

Its the same as my interface too,except the FW is half covered by the setup notes.
If I click on the up and down arrows on top and below the sliders it goes to the "curves" page.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If any of you are running the Hotwire app on a mini laptop you should think about installing the tool in "Express mode". This eliminates most of the graphics so the Hotwire dialog takes up less space.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Con
Tech Adept

I tried that too....no change. I am running a regular laptop tho.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default help

hi guy ive go a rs esc and a lrp 21.5 motor can someone help me to get some speed and cooler temps and the track i race on is open track with medium traction and a long striaght thanks guys.. and fdr is 5.32 ratio
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Suspended

I went from the old software to the new stuff and can honestly say that I could tell a difference before I set the car on the track. Pulling minimal throttle produced a reaction out of the motor compared to the previous versions of software. Maybe ive gone crazy but I think I know what im talking about.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bunny32
hi guy ive go a rs esc and a lrp 21.5 motor can someone help me to get some speed and cooler temps and the track i race on is open track with medium traction and a long striaght thanks guys.. and fdr is 5.32 ratio
You probably have to run that 21.5 in the 3.5 FDR range maybe lower. I have never run a 21.5 but in 17.5 blinky guys run in the mid to high 3s on a 100 foot straight away track.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
I went from the old software to the new stuff and can honestly say that I could tell a difference before I set the car on the track. Pulling minimal throttle produced a reaction out of the motor compared to the previous versions of software. Maybe ive gone crazy but I think I know what im talking about.
I agree Chris, the new software definitely has more low end throttle response. It now feels very linear from bottom to top. Have not run in timing mode yet. Hopefully they smoothed out the transition from Boost to Turbo. This is were other ESC's felt way better.

If you've been running a Tekin for along time it will take some adjustment, especially with lower turn motors.

Has anyone that's had this software for 3-4 months played with throttle profiles yet? Especially for 17.5 NT TC. I'm curious if deviating from profile 3 (Linear) makes you faster.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
Here is my setup
LRP X12
4 dot timing on motor(-10*)
boost 50
5xxx start
18500end
10 turbo
2ramp
.5 delay
VC 2s
sensored onle
bl forward only with brake
push off
drag br off
brake str 100
rev off
throt min 10
neut width 7
brake min 10
track size is 40by 90 feet.
This is the exact same as i used for 212. Lower speed brakes are fine. But at the end of the straight the brakes are very weak. took me by surprize the first time.
Everything else is very good
The other problem that I am having is that hotwire program dosen't look or work quite right... If I use the up and down arrows to adjust settings it goes to the "curves" screen.I can use the slider just fine tho. Same with selcting sensord only and locked spec. I can't see all the motor type adjustments just the first two letters BL andBR the rest is covered by the setup notes. Same with the turbo delay numbers they are half there

is every one using the full or the expess setup
I have tried both the EXE and the ZIP with the same results
I am useing windows 7. Am I missing somthing with the install or deleting 212
Thanks in advance Randy
Your setup looks fine. If you need to verify your software version plug ONLY the hotwire into the computer, launch the software and hit "help" and verify the version : 8.2.2
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Motor temp

Does the motor run any cooler with the 222 software over the 212?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.