Tech Rookie

Default Differents Between the Tekin RS pro And the RS

Whats the difference between the tekin RSpro and RS
Is there a big power difference.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Need more punch

Hi guys,

I have a RS Pro, with a Speedpassion 13.5 motor. The speed control seems to lack punch. The first 25% of the throttle is really soft (not dead, just soft), then the motor gains speed. I'm running hybrid mode, timing at 80, deadband is set to 1, throttle profile set to most aggressive, but even with these settings the car is noticeably soft, especially when running with other cars. Any idea how to fix this? I have the Hotwire, but it doesn't allow custom throttle profiles. I would like more punch at initial throttle application.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potato
Hi guys,

I have a RS Pro, with a Speedpassion 13.5 motor. The speed control seems to lack punch. The first 25% of the throttle is really soft (not dead, just soft), then the motor gains speed. I'm running hybrid mode, timing at 80, deadband is set to 1, throttle profile set to most aggressive, but even with these settings the car is noticeably soft, especially when running with other cars. Any idea how to fix this? I have the Hotwire, but it doesn't allow custom throttle profiles. I would like more punch at initial throttle application.

Thanks!
What kind of vehicle and gearing? You may be over geared.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AHOP
Whats the difference between the tekin RSpro and RS
Is there a big power difference.
The RS Pro has no motor limit, you can throw any motor at it. The RS has a slightly lower profile due to the fact it only has one FET board instead of two. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potato
Hi guys,

Thanks!
With the spec motors the RS seems to be best running sensored only mode. The bottom end is really smooth if you're running mod but it can be pretty soft when you're running stock or 13.5. One of the things that I did was to turn up the punch on my radio and it's a lot better off the bottom.

The other problem that I've had of the bottom end is the diff/traction. There's enough grunt off the bottom to either spin the diff or just spin the tires off the line. I had more of a problem with wheelspin outdoors in sedan than anywhere else. If you get wheelspin a little current limiter will help out(just don't over do it).
Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Fred B,

Can you help me, how can I adjust the sensored only mode?
I thing my speedo running in dual mode and I'd like to probe the sensored only mode.

Thank You
Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bviktor
Hi Fred B,

Can you help me, how can I adjust the sensored only mode?
I thing my speedo running in dual mode and I'd like to probe the sensored only mode.

Thank You
In order to use the sensored only mode you'll need to get the Hotwire interface. It lets you select sensored only mode and you'll be able to update the speedo when there are updates.

I like sensored only in the slower stock classes and 12th. I think the dual mode works best in mod (especially on dirt).
Old 01-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Do you have any issues with it as far as getting dirty or wet? Just curious, thought of maybe running offroad in the future.
off road???? Don't you like us anymore?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
off road???? Don't you like us anymore?
I just don't think the on-road thing is my cup of tea anymore. Has Nothing to do with anyone at the track. There are a great bunch of guys there.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by racing_jason
Hey guys i got some more true race testing in today at the NWIC race,
the finnal out come was this
Track is flowing with about 100' strait with sweepers at both ends.

13.5 Tekin Redline
Tekin RS Pro
Can Timing: 24
Esc Boost: 25
Linear Profile
Min Dead band
100% break and 60% drag break (drag break doesnt have any real stoping power most likely going to take it out)
Geared: 41/100 (1.7 Internal Ratio) with 55.5mm tires

Hope this gives some ppl more ideas on how to get a handle.
Jason Hunt
That is a ton of timing and well beyond what we expect to work or be needed. We suggest about 30 to 35 max total for physical timing and boost added together. You must not be in the throttle very long anywhere on the track. Probabably ripped, but could easily skyrocket temps to 220+ if you kept running it for a full battery.

New hotwire being released soon increases drag brake adjustment range to the max brake level. DB is very weak currently and was set more for the sensorless delta motors where it was plenty. We also changed the range on the unit from about 55% of brakes to 80% of brakes which should be plenty.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Fred_B
In order to use the sensored only mode you'll need to get the Hotwire interface. It lets you select sensored only mode and you'll be able to update the speedo when there are updates.

I like sensored only in the slower stock classes and 12th. I think the dual mode works best in mod (especially on dirt).
New software being released pretty soon has a 7th motor type that is fwd only / sensored only. This allows you to get into sensored only without a Hotwire. You do still need it to add Boost, but many motors adjsut high enough physically on the motor that Boost is not that required.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tekin

How does the Tekin Redline Sensored Brushless 13.5 compare to the Team Orion Vortex Version 2.0 2008 Racing 13.5T.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Redline 13.5

I just got a 13.5 Redline and was wondering two things. One, how you read the timing. It appears that it comes set @ 14 degrees by the mark on the cap but Im not for sure. Two, I will be running this motor in a TC with a GTB, track size is 90 X 50. How much timing would you recommend starting with?
Old 01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement rotor for my Redline 10.5?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Impulse_racer
Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement rotor for my Redline 10.5?
Talk to Tekin Service. I have two on the way as spares for Snowbirds. Ask for Ty. Phone number is on thier web site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.