Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
should be fun, havent had a 12th scale on the track since last year
Mod 12th is the Bees Knees
Old 06-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default sensor wire clips

I read in one of the Tekin threads that there are clips that secure the sensor wire to the motor can. I have three Tekin motors, my brother has 4, none of which have come with the clips. I checked at my lhs and the first one they opened had a clip in it. Is this something new that is supplied with the motors? The last motor I bought was about 6 weeks ago, which also did not have a clip. Could someone let me know where to get them, or at least what size they are so I can find a place to get them?

Thanks, Gary
Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have only seen them in the 1/8 setups
Old 06-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

So that's what that clip is for. Found one in my RS 13.5 combo box that I bought a couple weeks ago but didn't know what it was for.

Here's some pics from Tekin and how to install it:
http://www.teamtekin.com/tekintechtip1.html

Usually I just zip tie the sensor cable to a motor wire to stop it pulling out in a crash. I'm off to install my clip.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spongerX
So that's what that clip is for. Found one in my RS 13.5 combo box that I bought a couple weeks ago but didn't know what it was for.

Here's some pics from Tekin and how to install it:
http://www.teamtekin.com/tekintechtip1.html

Usually I just zip tie the sensor cable to a motor wire to stop it pulling out in a crash. I'm off to install my clip.
Actually that was where I read it, when I was looking around on Tekin's site. How long ago did you buy your motor? Tekin's site makes it sound like they have always come with the clip. If so, they forgot to put it in seven that I know of..
Old 06-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandsurfer
Actually that was where I read it, when I was looking around on Tekin's site. How long ago did you buy your motor? Tekin's site makes it sound like they have always come with the clip. If so, they forgot to put it in seven that I know of..
you should be able to find these clips at you local hardware store or radio shack they carry em in variuos sizes just match up the diameter of the sensor wire.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sandsurfer
I bought an ESC/motor combo a couple of weeks ago from Tower Hobbies that had it in.

The clip didn't work for me. It's plastic and when I tighten up the included screw it just pulls through the clip so it springs open. If you want a clip on the motor to hold on the sensor wire just go to a hardware store and get a wire hold down clip of the right size. They're usually in the electrical section and look almost identical to the Tekin clip and come in packs of 10 or so for a couple bux. They'rer usually white/clear though. The Tekin endbell screws are M3 and the included one from Tekin is about 1-2mm longer than stock to accomodate the thickness of the clip so if you have extra metric screws just use an M3 slightly longer than stock.

To be honest I just use a small zip tie on the A motor wire to hold the sensor cable on. This works pretty well and I haven't had a cable come out in a crash since I started doing this. I'm not going to bother with the motor clip.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)
Default need help!!

hey guys i need some help i bought a brand new RS and plugged it up and everything was fine then i decided to try and mess with the hotwire, im new to tekin so i have no clue what im doing with it. anywho i plugged it up to my buddies hotwire he did some tuning for me and now the ESC wont even turn on when i plug mu battery leads i didnt here anything pop or crackle i didnt reverse my leads it does not smell burned it just wont come on... it does come on when i plug it back to the hotwire.....im confused and have no idea what it could be....i need help
Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tha Beast
hey guys i need some help i bought a brand new RS and plugged it up and everything was fine then i decided to try and mess with the hotwire, im new to tekin so i have no clue what im doing with it. anywho i plugged it up to my buddies hotwire he did some tuning for me and now the ESC wont even turn on when i plug mu battery leads i didnt here anything pop or crackle i didnt reverse my leads it does not smell burned it just wont come on... it does come on when i plug it back to the hotwire.....im confused and have no idea what it could be....i need help
Go back and re-update the esc's software. DO NOT touch it until it's done completely.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I need some spice in my rc life....

When is the new esc hardware going to come out?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bukil

What new ESC hardware? Was something announced that I missed?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bukil

I'm about to get a new rspro combo, if you know about some new product let us know.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Had an interesting thing happen this weekend with my RS. When I would apply changes to it, then plug everything back in, I would have to recalibrate with the radio. Now to make it even more interesting this only happened early in the day. Not after say 2 hours. It did not loose the setting only wanted to be re calibrated.

Any ideas what would cause this?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Questions??

Can anyone help me with Boost/advanced timing settings for 1/10 touring running a 10.5?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.