Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
The TP is printed on the case of the RS next to the LEDs. It used to stand for throttle profiles. Now it stands for timing profiles. I don't know where the NW suggestion above came from.

To choose from TP1-TP5 and C1-C2 without using the HW, turn the esc on, press and release the mode button. The first LED will blink. Press and release the mode button until the LED next to TP lights up. Press and release the increase button then to choose between the timing profiles. Led1=TP1 LED5=TP5. LED 6 and 7 = C1 and C2 respectively. Of course the values for C1 and C2 can only be adjusted via the hotwire.

The directions to change timing profiles are the same as whats in the manual to change throttle profiles
Just curious if anyone has figured out if the C1 and C2 can actually have different profiles saved. I have been playing around with it, but I am not sure how to get the controller to save two different custom profiles.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just checked - It is in sensored mode but still lets you adjust the slider.

As long as it does not work unless in dual mode ( probably why not shown on the dashboard) thats all I need to know.

Thanks for quick response.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JamieV
Just checked - It is in sensored mode but still lets you adjust the slider.

As long as it does not work unless in dual mode ( probably why not shown on the dashboard) thats all I need to know.

Thanks for quick response.
I think it only applies if the sensor drops / sensorcable gets defective.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by macdude
Just curious if anyone has figured out if the C1 and C2 can actually have different profiles saved. I have been playing around with it, but I am not sure how to get the controller to save two different custom profiles.
Pretty sure this was discussed in the last 5 or so pages, you need to save each custom profile seperately. So make your changes to C1 and apply/write to the RS, then select C2 in the settings and make the changes you want on C2 and apply/write to the RS.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
Pretty sure this was discussed in the last 5 or so pages, you need to save each custom profile seperately. So make your changes to C1 and apply/write to the RS, then select C2 in the settings and make the changes you want on C2 and apply/write to the RS.
I don't have mine in front of me, but does that mean the last one you saved to the ESC (C1 or C2) is the active one?

Ran 208 the other night and the throttle profile is much more gentle than 203. Hard to make any direct comparison since our track was a little cold and damp, so grip was down.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PDR
I don't have mine in front of me, but does that mean the last one you saved to the ESC (C1 or C2) is the active one?

Ran 208 the other night and the throttle profile is much more gentle than 203. Hard to make any direct comparison since our track was a little cold and damp, so grip was down.
That is correct. For example, if you set C2, change some values and then apply, the speedo will be on profile C2.

If you want to set a different one, select that and then apply again.

Trev

Last edited by TrevCoult; 07-29-2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: spelling again!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We think there are better ways to go slower, but it is not really up to us and we are just playing nice. In many cases they will not let us play otherwise because we are too fast....

Tekin Prez
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hi Folks,

I am having issues with my Spektrum S6040 servo. I am wondering is it because the esc can not handle it. Here are the symptons I am having.. copy/paste from my post on the topic...

someone mentioned that i may need an external BEC...

anyone having any issues with this servo hooking up to spektrum receiver? i just installed mines and while testing the servo, turning it left and right, something it turns off the receiver (the green light goes out) for like a second, then everything is fine for another 5 to 10 seconds of turning the servo.

also, this servo is pretty noisy...

thx
Old 07-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by teeforb
Hi Folks,

this servo is pretty noisy...
imo this servo sounds like it is drawing a lot of current from the ESC, and is trying to centre or is faulty in some way.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Well I thought it was the servo but it wasn't, any ideas? I am thinking about using a voltage regulater but I don't understand why. I have a small esc sized fan on the motor, a personal transponder, servo and a temp senser running of the rx, is that too mutch?
I have now put the telemitry rx into my pro 10 car and a 300 rx into the touring car with the Tekin RS. The pro 10 bec voltage reading is 6.3 with the GTB and when it was with the Tekin it was fluctuating from 5.8 to 6. The setup in the pro 10 dosn't give me the low voltage warning. I realy want the telemitry in my touring car but with the continuous beaping, I was getting complaints from other drivers on the stand and it is very annoying for me as well. Both cars are running 2 cell lipo batteries and the specs for both the GTB and Tekin for the BEC are the same at 6v 3A.The pro 10 car has 1 30mm fan and 1 40mm fan, servo, temp sensor and a pesonal transponder. The transponders in both cars are the new Mylaps and they draw less current thant the older ones. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity how do we get rid of "bling" on HW interface. I ...well how do I say it nicely...... dislike the interface. I thought that this version was not suppose to be so ugly. I figured that we would be at a point where branding could be kept to a splash screen. I really think the whole interface detracts from what it is capable of doing. And that is really sad. I hate showing someone new how to set up the controller because the UI is grotesque and makes me feel like I am back in the mid 90's when everyone was skinning there media players. And after all this time you still have not made the sliders functional. ie you can't click and hold and move them up and down.

Thanks for a great controller. Please make a clean UI. Also are we ever going to be able to use the custom 1 and 2 profiles so that we could have 2 different setups on the controller?
+1
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Team Tekin

Just out of curiosity how do we get rid of "bling" on HW interface. I ...well how do I say it nicely...... dislike the interface. I thought that this version was not suppose to be so ugly. I figured that we would be at a point where branding could be kept to a splash screen. I really think the whole interface detracts from what it is capable of doing. And that is really sad. I hate showing someone new how to set up the controller because the UI is grotesque and makes me feel like I am back in the mid 90's when everyone was skinning there media players. And after all this time you still have not made the sliders functional. ie you can't click and hold and move them up and down.

Thanks for a great controller. Please make a clean UI. Also are we ever going to be able to use the custom 1 and 2 profiles so that we could have 2 different setups on the controller?

Ouch! I also hate the sliders and the buttons because they do not always work. That is a canned skin program we unfortunately married ourselves to and likely the last version of the Hotwire that will come from it. We had planned to start fresh on the next release but had to hurry the spec mode out to be allowed at some coming races.

I have to say I have made this same argument about less bling and just having a screen full of boxes and numbers I can directly adjust. I get called a nerd and reminded that most of the world does not think like me. We are the minority that just wants to make changes quickly and be done. Lots of people seem to like playing with the video game interface.

The express version has less bling, but still has all the issues that annoy you and I. I do agree it all could be a lot crisper and that day is coming.

C1 and C2 custom timing profiles work now so you can have 2 different setups and access them directly on the controller.

Tekin Prez
Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by linger
Team Tekin,

Is there an amperage value associated with the current limit value (1-100)?
Let's say, I'm measuring the peak current load at max acceleration at 52 amps, and I want to set my current limit at 45 amps....what value should I program the speedo at?
Linger you are a nerd as well Fortunately we are cool nerds and the world needs us more than they realize. In theory 45amps is about 83% of 54 amps. Although the current limitor is not that direct and fades off as the car accels, we did try to make it realistic. So I would say set the current limitor around 80.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by drsfly
Jim,
Please elaborate about "you think there are better ways to go slower".
I think you did what was privately asked of the industry and I am not sure that is wrong.
I think we all know not everyone is capable of using 203--now 208 to it's fullest and of course that is the way it should be.
The equipment should provide a capability that lets those with the best driving skills go faster because they can control the available power.

Do you mean that there should be power available thru the speed control and then it is controlled by the wind? -- and thus the class the driver participates in?

I guess what I am asking is: you agreed to put in this "spec" to make it possible(race-able) for those of us who are not capable of using all the capabilities of the current technology, but your comment seems to open the gate to ask your opinion of how you think this newer technology should be --- directed/controlled.

There are a lot of opinions on the threads but we rarely hear why a manufacturer helps steer things( or helps others steer)-- other than those that we all understand -$.

I think I read a " difference" in what you have done with this version and what you think this version should/could do.

Just break it out-- what is your opinion of where "spec" or "stock" for that matter racing should be/go.
We are at a crossroads again with on road and it is not a time to hold back ideas.

later,
Darrald

I know I shoulda just Pm'd but------
Spec mode with no timing advance is a short term solution for sportsman classes. There is no question a 17.5 strapped up is too fast in onroad. It snuck up on everyone with the recent leaps in performance.

Long term we think the motor is the place to control the power and speed. Slower versions of the motors we have or smaller motors. The only way to have fair competition is for everyone to push the same performance limits from a specified motor design. Bogging down a motor that is too fast just seems wrong.

Timing is still a problem in spec classes and cannot be controlled in the motors. It makes more sense to let us compensate in the controller so everyone is truly on an even playing field. Not all motors act the same with timing, but all motors are pretty close on power when you find the sweet spots. We are completely against any single manufacturer requirements and think this flexibility allows everyone to compete.

Intelligent timing is good engineering. It allows the motor to run cooler, puts less strain on the batteries and allows gearing that actually fits in the cars. This increases reliability and customer ease of use and makes the power more tuneable and driveable to turn faster laps. It is also how we are able to drive the bloated SC trucks that are so popular without burning up spec motors every run.

With a lower power motor and intelligent timing we can have enough speed on the straights to not fall asleep, but not too much rip out of the corners. Stock should be about carrying speed and consistent laps instead of point and shoot. We think intelligent timing and the right motor can provide the right power curve for true stock racing and bring back the finesse.

Making the motor go a little slower and run hotter is just hard for us to swallow. Us dumb engineers are always making motors go faster and run cooler which is not really a good marketing plan long term if they last forever. Having the limit be the motor melting down is not all bad considering we sell motors

This is not really the thread to debate this. I am sure this will get posted where those discussions are happening which is fine with me and I will be happy to get involved If someone sends me a link. We offer a spec mode in 208 because people asked for it and it took little effort. Spec mode was already there, 0boost and 0 turbo, we just made it easy to tech with a blinking led. We are not in favor of spec mode as a way to slow things down.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 07-29-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teeforb
Hi Folks,

I am having issues with my Spektrum S6040 servo. I am wondering is it because the esc can not handle it. Here are the symptons I am having.. copy/paste from my post on the topic...

someone mentioned that i may need an external BEC...

anyone having any issues with this servo hooking up to spektrum receiver? i just installed mines and while testing the servo, turning it left and right, something it turns off the receiver (the green light goes out) for like a second, then everything is fine for another 5 to 10 seconds of turning the servo.

also, this servo is pretty noisy...

thx
I don;t know if you got your answer but that sounds like what happened when i got one of the first run of the spectrums. The easy fix was to add a capacitor to an open channel and all was good for me.

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.