Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Typical Internet. The one's that are bashing anything, and everything. Weren't even there.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hungoverracer
RIGHT ON! What ever happen to the saying if you got nothing good to say then SHUT UP! This was a great event Don't cry if things did not go your way or if you felt that things should have been to your standards. I gave my time and effort to help make this better for everyone. Q spent more then 100 hours that week to make sure that everyone at the event had a good time and people are still complaining. GROW UP! This was about FUN and if you did not have fun it was by choice. IF you are one of the bashers of the event don't slander the staff of roar or any one that helped in making this a good event.
Originally Posted by #88driver
You tell him Chad. I can remember Q and I logged at least 20 hours of work the Monday and Tuesday before the event blowing off the track, hanging banners, making the seating chart, setting up tables and chairs, running cords and power strips, and roping off the parking lot for you guys, and I know Q, me, and many other helpful locals put in tons of work this past month getting ready for this event for TOY CARS!!!! I just wanted to say thanks to ROAR, the RMT(Ruben, Canyon, Adam, Billy) you guys did great. Thanks to all the locals such as myself(not trying to brag), Chad, Rob, Johnathan, Dad(John), etc. for helping out. Q, I thought you did great getting ready for this event and all togther, I enjoyed the experience. The least the rest of you people could do is say a simple thank you instead of complaining.
Alright guys. Check this. Your hearts are in the right place thats for sure. However, we have to try to keep our "hearts" in check when in comes to RC Tech and Racing in general.

I have had tons of calls and pm's and emails giving ample thanks to myself and to you guys "the satff" for the race as a whole. The thing is no matter how great an event is, any time there is competition there will always be opposition and disapointment from side to side. Thats just the nature of competition.

Now I must be honest and admit that I tend to be the worlds worst about taking things to heart when it comes to my (our) events, but in this case I realy think we can all relax. We did good, 99% percent of the people involved had a great time and want to come back; so its all good.

Honestly I could'nt be happier with the overall results of the event. Sure, we did'nt sell out, but damn $5/gallon deisel & $900 airline tickets! WTF?!?

It's all good! And we race again this Sunday!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That was my first big ROAR race and the first big race other than the Memphis TCS race I have been to since 92 for some of the Alabama State Oval Champs.

I enjoyed all of the Sunday racing I saw, lots of friendly people all around, smiles, even got to meet some of the people I have been reading about for years. Baker, Rick, Cyrul, etc...

Great job on what little I saw, and the driving ability of some of these guys was just amazing.

Hats off to the crew that made it happen, and all of the drivers that made it happen as well.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Alright guys. Check this. Your hearts are in the right place thats for sure. However, we have to try to keep our "hearts" in check when in comes to RC Tech and Racing in general.

I have had tons of calls and pm's and emails giving ample thanks to myself and to you guys "the satff" for the race as a whole. The thing is no matter how great an event is, any time there is competition there will always be opposition and disapointment from side to side. Thats just the nature of competition.

Now I must be honest and admit that I tend to be the worlds worst about taking things to heart when it comes to my (our) events, but in this case I realy think we can all relax. We did good, 99% percent of the people involved had a great time and want to come back; so its all good.

Honestly I could'nt be happier with the overall results of the event. Sure, we did'nt sell out, but damn $5/gallon deisel & $900 airline tickets! WTF?!?

It's all good! And we race again this Sunday!
I am Proud to be part of that 99%!!!!!!!

I want to come back for some revenge on that track of yours, Q!!!!!!!LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

add me to the 99% group also. Had a geat time!! This was my first ROAR evet and I think it went well. Q and all the locals did a great job. I will be back!!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
I am Proud to be part of that 99%!!!!!!!

I want to come back for some revenge on that track of yours, Q!!!!!!!LOL
Well you will have to get all that revenge on Mt Baker because I am planning to fix those ridges on the left side of the front stretch. Dont worry though Mt Baker is here to stay!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Well I guess Im fully recovered at this point.

I must be anyway as Im now updating the website and working on the next big race to be held here.

I have posted a few Nats Picutres at www.rchobbiesraceway.com and there will be many more posted within a few days. We are also hard at work editing the Event DVD! We hope to have it ready to ship within 2 - 3 weeks. If you have not already ordered one and would like to call me at 870-933-0479. The DVD will include goo coverage of all the best Mains, pit shots, driver interviews, and full coverage of the Drivers Party! All will be set to a variety of music.

Also I have updated our schedule to reflect changes in the upcoming State Championship Points Series, and also the dates for the upcoming XRAY Challenge Race.

http://www.rchobbiesraceway.com/upcoming_events.htm
Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Default DVD Update.

I just wanted to let all of you who purchased and event DVD know that we are nearly done with production. Team 88 Productions, has put in tons of hours of editing adn the finished work shows it. The resolution is not exactly ready for a IMAX Theater but its good enough for a bunch of guys who play with toy cars.

Any way, we hope to get the DVD's done and shipped within the next 7 - 10 days.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Regional Moderator

The DVD's have shipped!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

good news, now i gotta go cancel the plane ticket
Old 08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What car is better the t2 008 or rdx phi?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ckoetsch
What car is better the t2 008 or rdx phi?
this really isn't the thread to be posting that question in.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by #88driver
this really isn't the thread to be posting that question in.
WTF? Are you a moderator all of a sudden?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
WTF? Are you a moderator all of a sudden?
No i was just saying. Didn't mean to be rude.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

anybody find any magazine coverage yet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.