Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Old 04-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

This thread has been started to give those who plan to attend the Asphalt Nats this year a place to get up-to-date event info, post event related pictures (practice and event pics), share your thoughts (on practice and event stuff), and maybe even do a little smack talking too.

I welcome those of you who have been here before to chime in and chat with the newer or out of town guys that will have questions about our little spot in the racing world and our surrounding comminity. I will handle the concerns which relate directly to the store or facility regs. For concerns or questions directly related to ROAR or ROAR guidelines, please visit www.roarracing.com

That being said, LETS DO THIS!

RC HOBBIES RACEWAY Presents the
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nationals

RC Hobbies is pleased to announce we will be hosting the 2008 ROAR On-Road Asphalt Nationals on June 18th - 22nd. While RC Hobbies (the Hobby Shop), has been in business for over 21 years; RC Hobbies Raceway, is a brand new world class facility with fresh asphalt. I built the shop and the raceway with my own hands out of a desire to have something that I and my fellow racers could be proud of for many years to come. The bottom line is I am totally committed to making this race fun, exciting, and memorable for all involved.

RC Hobbies Raceway is located at 1409 E Parker Rd. Jonesboro Arkansas. The raceway is surrounded with all the amenities a racer could need. There are over 40 places to eat within 2.5 miles from the track, and “Hotel Road” is less than 1 mile away. The track dimensions are 70’ x 140’ and the hobby shop is well stocked.

Shipping:
For those who wish to ship their equipment to the race, RCHR will accept and store packages in a secure and monitored part of the shop before the event. In addition to the shipping label, please attach a second label (orange in color preferred) which will have the name of the person who will be picking up the package. We will be checking Id’s and only releasing the packages to the person listed on the label. Mail packages to the address bellow. For return shipping there is a FedEx Kinkos and a US Post Office within 3 miles of the shop.

RC Hobbies Raceway
C/O 2008 Nats / Your Name
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Hotel Info:
The Official Host Hotel is Holiday Inn. There is a block of rooms set up at a discounted rate of $79 with a full breakfast buffet each morning. This rate is not available on-line, you must call 870-935-2030 to get the rate. These rooms are only going to be held until June 10th.

Area Info:
No need to worry about searching your way around town to find good food or nightly entertainment. I will compile a full list of local favorites with a map of how to get there from the track. Also there will be vendors on site.

Entry Form:
www.roarracing.com

Event Schedule:
Schedule is subject to change. Bellow is the tentative schedule.

Wednesday June 18th = Open Practice 8:30am - 11am
Drivers Meeting 11:15am - 11:30am
Semi-Open Practice 11:35am - 9pm

Thursday June 19th = Open Practice 8:30am - 9:30am
Drivers Meeting 9:45am - 10am
Practice By Heats 10:15am - 8pm

Friday June 20th = Open Practice 8:30am - 9:30am
Drivers Meeting 9:30am - 9:45am
Qualifying Starts 10am - 2 rounds
Event Party ( ? ) 9pm - ?

Saturday June 21st = Same as Friday …

Sunday June 22nd = Drivers Meeting 8:30am - 8:45
Mains Begin 9am
Full Trophy Presentation (after mains)

Event Rules:
Please refer all concerns pertaining to ROAR Rules, directly to a ROAR official. The list of officials can be viewed at www.roarracing.com .

Pits:
We will have a tent large enough for about 120 racers to pit comfortably inside. These spaces will be reserved for those racers who are traveling from outside our area. All racers who wish to reserve a spot in this area must contact the shop to make arrangements. (870-933-0479) The tent spaces will be reserved (for persons living outside our area) through June 6th. After June 6th any remaining spaces will be available on a first come first serve basis. For racers who live within our region or any racer preferring to pit outside, there will be plenty of space for canopies and trailers. I will have ample AC power for everyone. Compressed Air will be provided, as air compressors will not be permitted unless you are running a generator.

Stated Tires (spec tire):
The rubber tire classes will all be using pre-mounted Much More 36's / Aqua. They will be available for purchase at the track for $25 per set. Also you may reserve them in advance by calling 870-933-0479, Visa, Master Card, and Discover are all taken.

Updates:
This information will be updated as often as more details become available.

Questions:
Please feel free to ‘Post”, or “PM”, questions to Quinton, a.k.a. MRRCGUY.
Or e-mail questions to [email protected] .
Questions concerning facility related issues may only be considered valid if answered by either of the two sources above.

General Info:
RC Hobbies Raceway
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Phone: 870-933-0479
Fax: 870-933-0451
E-Mail: [email protected]

Last edited by mrrcguy; 05-12-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Being new to the hobby and daily visitor to Q's Shop and Track I have enjoyed following the previous thread over the past few months. Not only was the smack talk entertaining but at times I even found bits of information that helped to educate a newbie such as myself. I really hope that everyone can keep this new thread focused on it's title "2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS" I know Q is working very hard to make this event sucessful and enjoyable for all who attend.

Being local to the track I will be happy to assist anyone visiting with local information or directions. Keep up the good work Q.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 88crewchief
Being new to the hobby and daily visitor to Q's Shop and Track I have enjoyed following the previous thread over the past few months. Not only was the smack talk entertaining but at times I even found bits of information that helped to educate a newbie such as myself. I really hope that everyone can keep this new thread focused on it's title "2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS" I know Q is working very hard to make this event sucessful and enjoyable for all who attend.

Being local to the track I will be happy to assist anyone visiting with local information or directions. Keep up the good work Q.

Ditto that. This is going to be an awesome event at an AWESOME facility in a great city. It doesn't hurt having Q,who is one of the hardest working promoters in the hobby, at the reigns of this event. For those traveling from other parts of the country, get ready for some Southern hospitality! With the combination of all these great ingredients, this will be a race to remember for many years to come. Counting the days........61 to be exact!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Great people, great place, great fun racing there. Nice smooth fast track. Q runs a great show, and can wheel a fast car too!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea looking forward to some great racing for the 08 ROAR ash. nats. Q really put on a good show and does a great job trying keep everything running smooth . Just counting down the week for the Nats .
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Regional Moderator

You fockers are alright. Thanks for the props!
By the way Zdrizzle, tomorrow, aint gonna be your day!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sure glad there are other people who don't have anything better to do on a Friday night. I thought it was just an Old guy thing.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Well none of us are what you might call spring chickens.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

and I was surfing at work... oops !!! Ya'll have fun today.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Q, we plan on coming up next weekend and i will be sure and bring you a pillow to sit on cause i know your butt is a little raw from all that kissing
Old 04-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Feather or foam ??????
Old 04-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Today's Race Pictures

Ok! Are we giving any prizes for the most airtime today?
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3440-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3425-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3512-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3248-%5B%5D.jpg  
Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default A few more pics!!!!

Great day guys. Here are a few more pictures for everyone to enjoy!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3122-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3178-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3409-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3628-%5B%5D.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3682-%5B%5D.jpg  

Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default The Topless Wonder!!!!!!

And one last pic of the topless wonder!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)-img_3693-%5B%5D.jpg  
Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 88crewchief
Ok! Are we giving any prizes for the most airtime today?
its funny how my car(the #88) is in two of those pictures for airtime but i still won 3 out of 4 heats and the main race

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.