Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyPlex Roar Race Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing
I dodged a bullet for the upcoming October 25th, 26th Plex Race:

The church was booked for that weekend!! Now, she'll never know which way I'd choose...
Ouch...!! LOL

Sean and I honeymooned in New Orleans, Louisiana... and the first week was RC racing and the second week was my choice of girly stuff..... the way I saw it, the honeymoon was for both of us and he should get a choice of what he wants to do. (Region 6 ROAR championships was his choice! LOL)
Old 03-19-2008, 09:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I need you to call my wife and tell her that, she seems to have an issue with me taking my TC to Alaska in May???

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Ouch...!! LOL

Sean and I honeymooned in New Orleans, Louisiana... and the first week was RC racing and the second week was my choice of girly stuff..... the way I saw it, the honeymoon was for both of us and he should get a choice of what he wants to do. (Region 6 ROAR championships was his choice! LOL)
Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
I need you to call my wife and tell her that, she seems to have an issue with me taking my TC to Alaska in May???
Ok, but pay backs... well, you know the phrase....
Old 03-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
I bet she would of been pretty upset when you went racing anyways. Mans gotta do what mans gotta do.
Yep, we both agreed to keep the week before and after the Plex race open for race prep/cool down. Now it looks more like Jan-March for 'Church' time...I hope it doesn't conflict with any late winter races!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you're talking about marriage here I only have one piece of advice...

Treat marriage like Drugs...

JUST SAY NO!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Ouch...!! LOL

Be honest, you wanted to go to the ROAR race
Old 03-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
If you're talking about marriage here I only have one piece of advice...

Treat marriage like Drugs...

JUST SAY NO!!!!
No better spoken words!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

It is no easy task putting on an event such as this was. Roar and the Hobby Plex did a great job pulling it off, however I do concur with Rick's comments about lack of enforcement of existing rules. I lost count of times drivers missed turn marshaling, walking off the drivers stand and worst of all - shortcutting across the track dispite numerous "requests" not to by the announcer. I am not aware of anyone being docked a lap dispite numerous warnings (to no avail). I know track personnel were busy, but the place accumulated a lot of tire rubber off track that could have been swept up nightly to prevent tracking back on the track. However, all said, it was a great event and I am looking forward to next years event.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a blast, didn't get into too many people's way (a BIG oops and SORRY to Beardmore ...)

Racing at a National event in mod with the pro's is something I've always wanted to do. I was happy to see that they were all patient with me and never once did I hear anyone say get out of the way or anything. Even had Barry messing with me while I marshaled his 1/12 mod in the A. I have much work to do, but if you don't push yourself, you won't get any better either.

The Plex is the FINEST facility I have been to in the country. Top notch staff on hand all week to answer any questions and help out. Soda machine always stocked, etc. etc. Track was awesome, pit space was excellent. Couldn't have asked for much more.

...I would also like to send a big props to Steve W. and Bob Novak for coming to the race and providing the best support I have ever experienced in this hobby. Another big thank you to Steve Rossi for killer Stevo's packs.

Thanks to all the Colorado crew for keeping me entertained throughout the week, and to the E-team for company as well!d

Great Race, looking forward to another.

Dan "slow guy in mod" Willoughby