Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HobbyPlex Roar Race Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sure thing.... wanna buy one this week... and come back to race again.... Sunday!!!!

BIG THANKS to Tim & Alex....

I think you guys already know I appreciate everything you guys do and have done to support us racers. You know how I feel about you guys and how we "local racers" need to do everything we can to support YOU and The Plex in return for providing us such a fantastic facility for us to call our home track. Keep our business offline.. local and in the store as much as possible everyone. We all count.

Also - a special note to Ken Calen. (Store Owner)

A huge THANK YOU for your foresight, belief, investment to our hobby.

You are blessed to have Tim & Alex.

Your "Field of Dreams" Hobby Store is now regarded as the "Mecca of R/C" and quote/unquote "One of the finest facilities" in the Country.

I heard this from multiple participants this last week.

>> Also, Special props to Jeff Brown & Brad Johnson for helping to spread the word to all of the top drivers in the country.

Congratulations to "The PLEX" for hosting the BEST R.O.A.R. Carpet Nationals in it's history!

Great Job!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:05 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by LeeS
The other thing that I noticed that the factory teams were really good about talking to the regular racers and anwsering questions and helping guys with setup info. I know that Steve Weis(sp) should be commended on how he handled himself. I was pitted in the same row as Steve and he was allways ready to help some out with what ever they needed even if it was not a Novak product. ...Lee Schultz
CORRC
Thanks Lee!

It's my pleasure to be there and to make everyone's experience as good as it can be!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

This track and hobby shop is 1 of the best facilities in the country.

Tim ,Alex and their crew are great to deal with and I would come back to this place in a heartbeat.

Thanks to all the guys who busted their butts to make this a great race.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The hobby shop was great! The staff just as great.

ROAR, excellent work. Thank you for what you do.

Tripple A Mains, not so much.

Rocket Round qualifyers, not my fave.

Overal, Kick-Ass time!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone have a link to the full results sheets.
I want to see how the STL boys did.

Nate
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

There's one thing that I absolutely hate about the HobbyPlex....

It's 8-hours away and I can't race there whenever I would like! LOL. Awesome track, great people, wish we had something like that here.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

I did tell Ruben a few times to have guys check their cars in a second time since I was messing with the LiveRC camera and needed to reboot the PC, and it took over 3 minutes to get back up, and I wanted to start the Backup PC since it was running the BetaBrite. So he would tell me he was ready to go and I would say "Tell Doseck to check in again...". It sounds better than "the PC is taking forever to boot up".

Tim and Alex were awesome, I would ask for something that they needed to buy at Walmart and within 30 minutes it would be sitting in the booth. Alex also announced some races and did an excellent job. Unless you have run a race of this size you don't know all the work they did in advance, and they are the last to leave and the first to arrive.

I will post some pics tomorrow on www.rcscoringpro.com, if you think your hobby shop is big wait till you see this hobby shop. It's like Mike's in Texas.

I would have preferred doing Concourse Saturday night, opening the track at 6:30am Sunday, practice until 7:10, quick drivers meeting, Race #1 at 7:30. Not sure why we planned to start at 9:30, maybe because that is what we did Friday and Saturday.

And the trophy ceremony went as fast as any I have ever seen, I asked that they call up all 10 drivers (to the stagging area), instead of calling one at a time and of course most of you are in your pits when you name is called and we have to wait for you to walk up there. Multiply that by 70 racers and that adds time.

I would like to try finishing by 5:00 next year, not sure that can be done, but it is something to shoot for.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HobbyPlexFinalResults.pdf (302.7 KB, 282 views)
Old 03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
awesome facility and a great race I had a blast even though I had some tough luck racing.

BTW to whoever stepped in front of my 12th scale while I was leading the 19 turn 12th B main on the straight and shattered my car I hope your foot is ok... I was a little PO'd at first but hey stuff happens. and it was just the b main LOL no hard feelings

Hey Todd... this is Michael Skeen sat across from you all week... what kinda deal can you make me on an sti or a new camaro when they hit the streets maybe I could pick up my car and race with you the same week at the plex... LOL

you kept us entertained all week and listened to us complain your'e an ok guy no matter what everyone else said about you
yeah that i was my fault about stepping out infront of your car. sorry about that. i should of looked first before stepping out. felt bad once it happened and when i seen the wheel bouncing down the straight. my apologies.

Aaron
Old 03-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

no problem man I had a bad week in 19 12th LOL it was almost expected that something would happen LOL

broke out with some help 2 rounds and blew out on my own the final round all on paces to make the A.

then I had the car on the wrong profile right before the b main started and tapped the brakes and it went flying into the wall and backed the motor off LOL then the straightaway incident... it had to happen I was just cursed in 19 all week long LOL

I have a serious vision problem with my left eye. So I never even saw anything till it was too late. Basically I have trouble with depth perception and I have to stand on the left side of the drivers stand b/c everything in my left field of vision is blurry and has a yellow tint to it. Nothing they can do about it so at this point I'm lucky to still be able to race...

To be honest I never saw what happened I thought I hit a car at first.
I talked to a few people afterwards and they told me what happened. no hard feelings man...
Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THANKS to all who made the trip to the 'Plex!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

As was said before: the plex and it's people are the best. Roar did an excellent job considering the task. The amount of work on all parties can't be overlooked. I'ts much easier to nit pick about what went wrong then to praise for what was right. Great job to all involved!

Lee: see u in the fall....
Old 03-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Company Representative

The Plex was excellent. They were always willing to do what it took to get the job done.

The Tech guys need a huge hand. They did a excellent job in staying consistent and took all the pokes and prods the drivers could give out when sent back for infractions.

The racers were excellent, with the number of cars racing per day, about 600, and the emotion and energy that goes into competing at that level I saw a incredible amount of Good Sportsmanship and quality people and racers at the event. You guys and gals need a hand also.

RMT did a great job, with the 14 hour day plus any other outside issues they kept the program going. Remember Tech Timing/scoring Annoucing & Race Director has to work every race. They do not get the break the racer gets between rounds. They deserve a hand for the dedication and effort they put forth to keep the program going.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

If I had the $, that would be one of the first tracks I would visit in the USA.

I have to drive 30 or 55+ miles (each way) for an indoor club meeting, it's no fun racing when its cold and/or wet....

All the best for your future race programme, indoor racing is a blast in the colder months
Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I dodged a bullet for the upcoming October 25th, 26th Plex Race:

The church was booked for that weekend!! Now, she'll never know which way I'd choose...
Old 03-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Company Representative

I bet she would of been pretty upset when you went racing anyways. Mans gotta do what mans gotta do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.