Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi/Horizon Hobbies TC R&D

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i think that the type-r car is great...as for parts rnd or whatever..well come on now its losi.......always racing towards the future......

although i wouls like to see some aluminum parts made...castor blocks,spindles,rear hubs...this is all that i brake so i not need to mention anything else.....lol
Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

the problem with aluminum suspension parts is that instead of breaking them, you break something else, usually more expensive and harder to replace. like a chassis

that and they bend.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Yea Losi does help us out, they just dont have anyone really running mod right now.

Larry and i both had comparable cars, which 1-way really dosn't matter.
When are you guys going to start working on asphalt set-ups?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
When are you guys going to start working on asphalt set-ups?
They had an asphalt setup last season that worked really well. I used it and it was great. I did tweak a few things on it because I am not as an aggressive driver as Jason and Larry. But they were subtle tweaks that made a world of difference for me.

Yes, the oneway may have been a disappointment, but you know what, it works. It saved them some money on serious developement and tooling. If you like the car enough you have no problems building a shorter set of LCD's just to use with the one way. I know I did.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I am new to the r/c scene. Hell right now I run a Tamiya TT-01 out at SPEEDWORLD. Which is not much of a car but I am looking to the future of getting a Type R. Here is my question. I saw episode #715 for RCTVLIVE I think it was and they did interviews and what not. I realize that they cannot interview everyone but the Type R seemed to school some very good drivers at the SNOWBIRDS but I do not remember them mentioning the Type R once. Can anyone tell me why?
Old 02-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I realize that they cannot interview everyone but the Type R seemed to school some very good drivers at the SNOWBIRDS but I do not remember them mentioning the Type R once. Can anyone tell me why?

The Drivers were out having a Big Ol' Steak dinner after handing over everybodies ass!!........... Bottom line........ Just get one, you will not be disappointed!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
The Drivers were out having a Big Ol' Steak dinner after handing over everybodies ass!!........... Bottom line........ Just get one, you will not be disappointed!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm. STEAK!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I love the Type R

After testing it for the last couple months, I'm convinced its the best Asphalt car I've ever owned so far!!! I only race Asphalt here in South Florida, and out of all the cars, this car is it.

Its extremely easy to drive fast in any class

Its always smooth and tamed

So easy to work on!!!

Its durable: the car is very tough and durable

Parts are soooooooooo cheap compared to others.

Easy to maintain and set up with BL and Lipo....everyone else is behind

I'll be keeping mine and continue to work with it...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am new to the r/c scene. Hell right now I run a Tamiya TT-01 out at SPEEDWORLD. Which is not much of a car but I am looking to the future of getting a Type R. Here is my question. I saw episode #715 for RCTVLIVE I think it was and they did interviews and what not. I realize that they cannot interview everyone but the Type R seemed to school some very good drivers at the SNOWBIRDS but I do not remember them mentioning the Type R once. Can anyone tell me why?
there's marketing, and there's results.

when a team sends such a large team that stacking the mains is inevitable (ahemm... xray), that's marketing.

when a handful of cars dominate an event like that, it's results.

if you want results, buy a type-r.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

nice
Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"Stacking" and event is not going to matter if the driver and vehicle suck. The cream will rise. So never use "stacking" as an excuse for yours or another's product doing better or worse.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oXYnary
"Stacking" and event is not going to matter if the driver and vehicle suck. The cream will rise. So never use "stacking" as an excuse for yours or another's product doing better or worse.
the more the merrier... more people running a car = more collective practice time in regards to setup. pretty much most of the drivers capable of making the a-main at a large event are capable of winning it (except STLNLST).

and considering the type-r just killed everyone at the birds, why would i make excuses for it's performance?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a pro and a type-r i've driven my type r 3 times and out of those three i've broken the arms twice. I had the original run arms the first time and the new production the second time. I've also broken a read hubcarrier.

Yes i know i'm not supposed to hit things but i'm not a pro class driver and it happens . My pro didn't break at all and i whacked the crap out of that car .

I'd like to see aluminum c hubs and rear hub carriers and maybe stronger arms made from the same stuff the old pro arms were made from (can i swap out the -r arms w/ pro arms? would that mangle the geometry?). Why did they change it again i remember reading something about that.

I like the car but was considering getting rid of it because i can't keep it in one piece and most of winning is being able to finish .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.