Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
OH NOT THE TC WING. BAN IT NOW! :P
Great reaction! Yeah, all the on lookers loved the realism of the Viper body, so it would be a shame to hang some barn-door wing on it. I'll look to better tire and car setup before using more downforce. Plus, I might have been using a bit too much power/speed for this class.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The real Lemans Vipers had some pretty gigantic wings on them.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think I'm going to get one of this cars. I love TC, but this seems much cheaper and easy to maintain and set up. But no way I will run with nimh. Never again. Lipo only. Max Amps have saddle packs, and I will use them or just use regular brcik lipo.

I can run at COral Springs or MDI. My friend Yohan runs his wide and narrow pan cars there and they are amazing. He is very fast with 10.5 and Lipo, beats very good 3.5BL TCs with his 10.5 and Lipo pan car. the Pan car looks much faster corner speed and quicker turn in and out of turns but not so fast down the striaght. Easy to drive fast...much easy than mod TC.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

I suppose the light weight and low CG marks a huge difference in cornering speeds. Afterall, i'm not sure if there's anything else that has lower CG than pan cars
Old 04-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Batts seem to be an issue with alot of the classes. 4 cell batts dont take as much of a beating as 6 cell. Lipo really is appealing and i will be getting going with lipo very shortly.
Now you're talking Jason. I knew you could make it a just as good with Lipo. NImh will not be run with these cars bro. Lipo is the future and cheaper in the long run and is what most people are gonna be running in the TC market which seems to be on the upside with Lipo legalization now.

J-Li edition DB10R
Old 04-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xtreme2008
I think I'm going to get one of this cars. I love TC, but this seems much cheaper and easy to maintain and set up. But no way I will run with nimh. Never again. Lipo only. Max Amps have saddle packs, and I will use them or just use regular brcik lipo.

I can run at COral Springs or MDI. My friend Yohan runs his wide and narrow pan cars there and they are amazing. He is very fast with 10.5 and Lipo, beats very good 3.5BL TCs with his 10.5 and Lipo pan car. the Pan car looks much faster corner speed and quicker turn in and out of turns but not so fast down the striaght. Easy to drive fast...much easy than mod TC.
Danielito: ordenalo ya!! Yo se que te van a gustar mas que los Alex racing de mier---coles que tienes
Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Now you're talking Jason. I knew you could make it a just as good with Lipo. NImh will not be run with these cars bro. Lipo is the future and cheaper in the long run and is what most people are gonna be running in the TC market which seems to be on the upside with Lipo legalization now.

J-Li edition DB10R
The DB10R can take saddle or stick lipos. For stick LiPo uses we have an optional mounting kit with longer battery plate stands offs to fit the taller 5000mah packs. I think 3200's with fit in the stock car.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The DB10R can take saddle or stick lipos. For stick LiPo uses we have an optional mounting kit with longer battery plate stands offs to fit the taller 5000mah packs. I think 3200's with fit in the stock car.
Adrian, but didnt Jason post that the car will be made for 4 cell packs, but that Lipo will also work, but just not as good as 4 cell nimh? That's what turned a lot of people off about the car from what I hear locally. Yes, the DB10R can run 4 cell nimh or Lipos, but its really designed to work better with 4 cell nimh, because of weight and balance characteristics Jason was looking for in the 10R were better accomplished, in his mind a few months ago, by using the 4 cell nimh set up. However, he did comment that he will make the car also take stick lipos for those who want to run them, but that the car will not be as good as with 4 cell nimh.

But on the last few posts, it seems Jason is making some changes to make the car work with saddle pack lipos, just as great as it does with 4 cell nimh...hmmmmm can you shed or clarify this...maybe I've misunderstood something
Old 04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The car was designed to work best with 4 cell or saddle pack lipo. The weight of the saddle pack lipo is very close to a 4 cell pack. The car will accept stick pack lipos but it was not the balance i was looking for and it was tough to balance without moving the pack off center. It looked pretty wierd. This is the reason we did what we did. I am aware that lipos will be commonly used and i wanted to make the most ideal layout for the car that would yield the best possible performance. I also didnt want to have to add lead to the car.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

The car was designed to work best with 4 cell or saddle pack lipo. The weight of the saddle pack lipo is very close to a 4 cell pack. The car will accept stick pack lipos but it was not the balance i was looking for and it was tough to balance without moving the pack off center. It looked pretty wierd. This is the reason we did what we did. I am aware that lipos will be commonly used and i wanted to make the most ideal layout for the car that would yield the best possible performance. I also didnt want to have to add lead to the car.
Thanks Jason for the clarification. Will you post pics of the new changes/updates?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The car is the same as the one in the magazine and press release. There is an optional lipo locator for the saddle and stick pack that will be held in place by the 3 standoffs on the existing battery hold down. It is actually very clean and light weight. They can also be held in the traditional way with tape but i wanted to offer a clean cut route.I will post pics with lipos installed as soon as they come in. Adrian posted pics of his car with the stick pack and i will see if he can post it again.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

The car is the same as the one in the magazine and press release. There is an optional lipo locator for the saddle and stick pack that will be held in place by the 3 standoffs on the existing battery hold down. It is actually very clean and light weight. They can also be held in the traditional way with tape but i wanted to offer a clean cut route.I will post pics with lipos installed as soon as they come in. Adrian posted pics of his car with the stick pack and i will see if he can post it again.
Here is the pic Jason mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails GT10 Class-db10r-lipo.jpg  
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Suspended

Wasn't aware you guys had this going for all this time.

But I was lured, lurked, to this thread by a contributor after trying to have a talk with the vintage TransAM TC boys - trying to suggest adding a second "Light" 1/10th pan classes - that fell on deaf ears.

So anyway, I see that there's been no activity on this thread for 3 days now - and I thought I'd chime in and say HOWDY BOYS!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well greetings to you RR40. GT10 is very much in development but people are starting to integrate 10th pan into their racing and hopefully as these cars become more prevalent at tracks youll see some definite growth (not only through the new cars but from people bringing their cars out of the closets).
Old 04-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the welcome td71, and I'd lile to help by offering any assistance or expertise that might help in getting these cars and classes up and running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.