cyclone, lrp, others???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cyclone, lrp, others???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

lol my bad..... what i ment was that i dont use brakes .... that much or maybe none at all even on a tight circuit ....
i m on dual one ways or centre one ways most of the time ...and braking hard means i m most likely booking a place on the DNF list
LOL

actually i prefer fade braking cause as it fades away the tendency to go outa control is less ....i dont usually use brakes ...but sometimes by using brakes i can go slightly faster so slight brakes will do ... or even some faster slowing down fading gradually will be nice - like the ole novaks ...
Old 01-05-2002, 08:29 PM

So I guess you would still lean on V12XC then

About the brake, that's what I actually meant. I don't think you would burn the V12CX brake FETs in 1/10 TC so why do you have to spend almost twice as much with the keyence (which I heard has more function or powerfull brake power)....

Unless, you want your car looks a little bit nicer....lol
Old 01-06-2002, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry guys,

I do not use brakes thus i only evaluate speedos on punch and efficiency rather than brakes. Even with the recomended settings it is equally punchy to the V12 and much more efficient.

Cheers
Old 01-06-2002, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

I ran my new LRP Quantum for the first time this weekend. Wow, this thing is small! It replaced an old Cyclone TC and worked very well in stock class in my XXXS. Had lots of punch and was very smooth. Setup was easy and changes were noticeable on the track. Day one, so far so good.

Next week I will run one stock(xxxs) and one mod(MR4tcS) with a 10d and will see how it works.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I blew up my Quantum yesterday and stupid me didn't have the back up 7.1 with me so a fellow racers loaned my a V12. This speedo (to me) was smoother than the Quantum but it isn't efficient at all. I never in my life dumped in a race but this thing couldn't make run time in mod. Two TQ runs crushed by dumpage. I plan on selling the Quantum once I get it back and buying a TC2 since everyone that has switched to it loves it out here. I now became the 5th racer at the track with a blown Quantum. I still love LRP but the Quantum isn't as good as the 7.1 IMO
Old 01-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

on a tc3 what is the best place to place the cyclone powercapacitor????the esc is a cyclone....
Old 01-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

On my tc3 i put the capaciter between the cyclone and the servo, and i mounted the reciver on top. I'll get a picture of it later.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

STLNLST. Interesting observations about LRP and GM. We used to run LRPs years ago, but have been using Novak with great results and satisfaction in recent years, and find no reason to change. They are totally reliable and at the end of the day, that has got to be priority number 1....unless of course you are a works driver that can afford to put a new speedo on each week. We can't, so reliability becomes a top priority.

I too changed recently, from the Novak Cyclone Tc to the TC2. If I'm not imagining I found 2 main differences - the TC2 gives more duration, and it also feeds the power in smoother. I am running it on the mod tc setting (Worlds), and haven't bothered programming in a 4th programme, as I had done with the original TC. Later in the week I will install a TC2 in my son's TC3 too.

The reason I changed was simply that i like to have the latest and best equipment, and I consider the TC2 to be the best all round speedo on the market at present.

Like I said, you have to look at reliability, build quality, service etc, as well as speed, and in any case who needs punch with mod - it just gets you into more trouble if you are as lousy a driver as I am.

Regards

Joe from sunny....but very cold Malta.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

February 2002 has an article on the keyence that you might want to take a look at.

Cheers
Old 01-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

u know how to setup the esc vip?? the instruction manual seemed like it has some strange strokes on it and i dont understand a THING!
Old 01-10-2002, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Sure,

Which part are you having a problem with in particular?

Cheers
Old 01-11-2002, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

johnbull- Thanks for the info. The thing that I'm still out in left field on is how can LRP go from a killer speedo (7.1) to the problems I have seen with the Quantum? Maybe smaller isn't better. I will run the 7.1 until I get the TC2. How easy is it to set up the TC2 with the set up button/on off switch the same?

The V12 was very smooth. It was shocking to find that a 3 year old speedo (roughly) was that smooth feeling. With everyone pushing for the latest and greatest software the V12 felt right up there if not ahead......until I dumped I figure in 2-3 weeks time I'll have my TC2.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by viper1
Hi guys,

February 2002 has an article on the keyence that you might want to take a look at.

Cheers
Hi Viper,

You seem to know about Keyence Zero V Extreme quite a lot. I actually just bought a Zero V Extreme 2002 about a month ago.

I however, have not really tested it seriously in my car. Based on the person who has and run the previous Zero V Extreme, he said the 2002 has more punch.

The reason I bought it is:
1. It is the lowest resistance esc (until GM comes out with v12xc)
2. The most programable esc
3. It looks damn pretty cool.

Anyway, that's not the reason I'm writing in this forum. I actually request for any tips/ secret setups or any website that you may know (in English, of course) about the Keyence 2002.

OR

The magazine that you mentioned above. Is it in English?

Your assistance is very much appreciated.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

hm whas the difference between the 2002 model and the older one ??? i m thinking of gettin the older one cause a friend bought one .... now i m helping him setup the thing ... hehe
AHH now i get to try one b4 buying

ok viper
um i dont want to risk such a good and expensive speedo so i just need the specific instructions on how to run it ... i kinda got it figured but i need to be double sure ( its not mine for goodness sake and since a friend is kind enuff to trust me, i better ...)
i did ask him to try it out himself but he wanted me to help him ...

so what can i say

ok how do i actually start setting up everything
i figured that its the L+R button to change modes and then the C is to set it before saving it ... but how do u set the torque control limit, dash function, the operating hertz etc etc ??
do i have to load the profile everytime b4 playing ??

TY man
Old 01-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

hm ... my friends version comes with a heat sink .... is it the 2002 model ???
the one i saw form keyence webpage does not have a heatsink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.