just a copple off questions

what is the standared caster???

and is it possible to change it with out the aftermarket blocks

thanks
Dan
Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

He!!
Standart is a 6 degree caster block. We made our own blocks....directly in aluminium and steps from 3, 6 and 9 degree caster.
Greetz
Markus
Old 11-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hans_swe
hi guys
We do have some problem with the rear axle. The steel part is coming loose.
It seems that the glueing is not done properly, any one else who have the same problem ? I did try to glue it back but then its some cracks on carbonaxle thats make the steel axle not centering after glueing....
I have the same problem. It seems to me that there is a problem with trust bearing - inner diameter of outer steel part seems to be too small.

Mr. Blonde:
If factory accepts that there is some defect in rear axle - will they send a replacement for owners of broken ones?
Old 11-05-2008, 03:17 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Hi
I got both problems you had with your rear axle.
I have already written here how I solved the gluing problem: clean both parts from the previous glue then use a strong two component glue. It worked for me very well!
But before you do so, take off a bit of diameter from the metal part. You need to get rid off 0,02-0,03 millimeters. I covered the threaded part of the metal piece with a tape to protect the thread. Then I put it into my Dremel and with a sandpaper i burred off 0,03 millimeters. I used 600 sandpaper. Very easy job! Takes no more than 3 minutes.
I used an ordenary M4 screw to pre-cut the thread in the plastic nut. This will decrease the twist-force on the metal par when you put the nut on.
By doing all these, you will get a very good car.
cheers
OZe
Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by efka
I have the same problem. It seems to me that there is a problem with trust bearing - inner diameter of outer steel part seems to be too small.
Most thrust bearings and I believe the same is true for this one, have two different outer plates. One with a small inner diameter and one with a larger inner diameter.

The plate with the small inner diameter goes on the side of the nut. It must be small so it can center the bearing on the axle. It is good that it is almost tight on the axle. It will not rotate relative to the axle anyway.

The larger inner diameter of the other plate helps it to not contact the axle and make the bearing run free.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Julius, Hi. My thrust bearing has got two equal inner diameter plates. Both are 3,97 mm.
Maybe this is not how it should be. I measured them as I also thought the two should be different as you say.
cheerz,
OZe
Old 11-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been trying to buildo ne too, had the issue wit the axle too, some glue, see if it holds.

I could not get a good feel with the diff, i ended up swapping out the std spacers and thrust for a slapmaster one, i think the orange riser spacer is too short, and is catching the end of the axle.

I also need to get some 1/8th diff balls, there is no float in the spur gear, this would be adding to the binding feeling of the diff.

And the servo centering is a pain also, no combination of the mounts, and sides of the chassis would centre the futaba servo.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oze
Julius, Hi. My thrust bearing has got two equal inner diameter plates. Both are 3,97 mm.
Maybe this is not how it should be. I measured them as I also thought the two should be different as you say.
cheerz,
OZe
We have few s120 in club and in at least one there was the same problem. Thrust bearing plates are to hard so i worked a little with axle to fit it.

Also had issue with axle and glue

Markus can you please send link to this thread to someone who is responsible for s120? There are to many problems with this car and we can't accept this situation

BTW, is it true that Salven sold Serpent to China?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Suspended

ok what hobby shops has the 120 now?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sup guys, what equipment are you running in your S120???

I'm looking for a brushless system, and if its possible, lipo....

LMK, take care guys....
Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Nosram Matrix Evolution 2007 Edition is a good choice for ESC. Nosram Storm Evo 4,5T is a good motor. Or their LRP equivalent.
LiPo - I do not know. It is a T bar car, so you can put in saddle pack only and only if your local rule let you use LiPo. I have never seen s120 with LiPo.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hmmm... what system do you guys recommend??? Looking for something fast but economical... for those that also drive nitro onroad... Im looking for the JLR Red Dot equivalent in electric cars....
Old 11-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey all

iam in desperate need for 2 s120 kingpins if anyone has any spare or knows an online store that i can buy them from would be much appreciated.

thanks verry much
Dan
Old 11-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

any1 know why dont have Serpent S120 in IFMAR world race?

if use lipo sandle in 1/12, do it's need regulator to push down d voltage to 6.0v?

seem like 7.4v is overpower for a 1/12 scale....
Old 11-14-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tweak ajustment

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of building up the car and must say I'm well impressed. One thing that does puzzle me however is the tweak adjustment. I understand how sliding the bar forwards and backwards stiffens the flex and the relative length of the screws alters the tweak but I not sure what the spring steel plates do and what effect running them short or long has ( with the tweak screws bearing down on the t piece at the same point).
I wonder if serpent plan on releasing a setup guide ?

Cant wait to race -- if it goes as well as it looks I,ll be well pleased.

Regards
PeterA

Last edited by petera; 11-14-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.