Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Your to kind

regards Roy
Hi Roy, just got reply from that smart guy. Here are some thing you need to do:
1. Lathe a new shaft (I uploaded some pictures, the one with title of "two speed mod" and shows two shafts, the lower one is the shaft he lathed, upper one is the original E4RS part) and it must be thicker.
2. A Kyosho TF2 two speed shaft kit

The reason for thicker new shaft is to let the TF2 shaft (black one in the picture) can go through, and then use pin or screw to fix two shafts together. He used Kawada's spur gears, but I think any spur which can fit TF2 shaft will work. The pinion gears just need a little modification then you can put two in the motor shaft. I hope it helps
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
I like what your buddy did with the rear body mount. It has an aluminum spacer with what looks to be a graphite piece to brace the back end of the body.
I think that piece was on T2 009. Since this car is very expensive, they must try to make it look worthwhile

Did you see the servo modification? I think it is pretty neat. They used Futaba S9551 in the car, but said BLS551 will be better. They claimed that it can make the motion smoother and better. I just ran my E4JS last week and didn't find anything wrong with the steering, so have not thought about this mod. But if you guys are looking for something to improve your cars, it may be worth trying
Old 09-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
SInce I use the Wolf Hobbies steel battery tray I don't need to add any weight to my car when using the Orion 4800 and Orion 5000 packs. When I use my SMC 4100 pack I still need to add about 45 grams of weight. It depends on what batteries you will be using and if you have a weighted battery tray or not.
Whats the reason you added weight on the battery? For min weight rule? or fix the battery in the room?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I think that piece was on T2 009. Since this car is very expensive, they must try to make it look worthwhile

Did you see the servo modification? I think it is pretty neat. They used Futaba S9551 in the car, but said BLS551 will be better. They claimed that it can make the motion smoother and better. I just ran my E4JS last week and didn't find anything wrong with the steering, so have not thought about this mod. But if you guys are looking for something to improve your cars, it may be worth trying
I just seen that servo in a magazine. I'm sure my shop will order one in. My car steers great and actually more than need on are current layout.

I'm also looking at one of these new JR servos. Very similiar in performance of the 9551 but JR's version is the 9411. I had alot of success with JR servos in the past.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=JRPSDS9411
Old 09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Did you notice the difference? The servo is mounted with stand up way not lay down
Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is the 2 speed also from the TF2? or from another car??

cheers Roy

The reason for thicker new shaft is to let the TF2 shaft (black one in the picture) can go through, and then use pin or screw to fix two shafts together. He used Kawada's spur gears, but I think any spur which can fit TF2 shaft will work. The pinion gears just need a little modification then you can put two in the motor shaft. I hope it helps
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, it is
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by 05forfun
Did you notice the difference? The servo is mounted with stand up way not lay down
My servo is mounted in the standard postion with Yeah Racing aluminum servo mounts. Mounts are only 7 dollars and look they where made for this car, especially if I polished them then they would look total factory.

My steering is smooth so to be honest I have no reason to change my servo from the stock postioning.

Tonight I'm going to make some different size swwaybars since they are so easy to do. I can actually buy any brand with the sizes I want and then use my Dremel and cut them to length. The E4 has the best swaybar setup of any touring car I have used. Simple and easy to make different sizes.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, totally agree, the anti-roll bar is the best one among all cars I have ever had, easy to adjust and works nicely
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
My servo is mounted in the standard postion with Yeah Racing aluminum servo mounts. Mounts are only 7 dollars and look they where made for this car, especially if I polished them then they would look total factory.

My steering is smooth so to be honest I have no reason to change my servo from the stock postioning.

Tonight I'm going to make some different size swwaybars since they are so easy to do. I can actually buy any brand with the sizes I want and then use my Dremel and cut them to length. The E4 has the best swaybar setup of any touring car I have used. Simple and easy to make different sizes.

Anyone knows where can i buy firmer sway bars for the E4RS2009 ?, usually im a no-bar racer, but i noted and felt the bar effect on my E4, im not using the front, only rear, and its great, but th bar effect its too soft and i want to try a firmer one,

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, i need a little help here ...

Last race where i debuted with the E4 and got 4th place, we used this layout :

Now, this weekend i have another race on same track, but the new layout its :

Last race, i used 3.68 FDR on 13.5 brushless and it was almost perfect, good low end power and enough speed on the straight to be on par with 95% of the fastest guys.

Now, for this new layout you would use the same ?, or would be good to test some different ?, maybe a little higher FDR as this layout does not have long straight sections ? (right now im on 38T Pinion + 68T spur, maybe going to 70T spur would be better ?).

thanks in advance, all opiniones welcome !!

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Anyone knows where can i buy firmer sway bars for the E4RS2009 ?, usually im a no-bar racer, but i noted and felt the bar effect on my E4, im not using the front, only rear, and its great, but th bar effect its too soft and i want to try a firmer one,

thanks,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
I'm going to just make my own. The stock ones are 1.2 so I will either buy a swaybar kit for another car and just cut them in 4 straight equal lengths like the stock ones or I will just buy wire in different thickness and again just cut them to length.

SHould take me about 5 minutes to make my sways. Just need to go to my local shop and buy the wire to make them.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Has anyone checked their rear toe in on one of the numberous gauges on the market? I have the arrows both going out in the rear that should give me the most rear toe in at 2.5 on my E4FS and the gauges are only showing about 1 degree rear toe in. Front both arrows are pointing in so I should have 1.5mm of front arm sweep.

2nd question is I just looked at the car and looking to raise my roll centers in the front 1mm. I see the front a arm mount attaches to the bulkhead but it looks like it has a 2ns screw hole in it as if I do use 1mm spacers I would use the 2nd set of holes (at least on the front). Not sure since I never took the car fully apart yet and the directions are not clear on that part.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Last race, i used 3.68 FDR on 13.5 brushless and it was almost perfect, good low end power and enough speed on the straight to be on par with 95% of the fastest guys.

Now, for this new layout you would use the same ?, or would be good to test some different ?, maybe a little higher FDR as this layout does not have long straight sections ? (right now im on 38T Pinion + 68T spur, maybe going to 70T spur would be better ?).

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
70T spur may be a good idea, but I would stay with current setup and see how I feel about the new track
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For starters stay with present FDR and see how it works out.
As i think the track now is,is that you have 2 shorter straights instead of one longer straight.
You still have the same sort of infield so try what you have now and if you lack a bit of top speed you can go a teeth or 2 up on the motor pinion.

cheers Roy

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.