Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
please let us know about how the speedspec 2 works w/ the 19T. i remember seeing the origional speedspecs and i thought they were a great idea then. i think they also have the potential to be retrofitted w/ some damping tubes if need be for some GT10 action.
I got in from work pretty late last night and rushed the car together. I installed the LRP TC spec, and it was a gentleman's agreement to run 13.5s (that I knew of...), so that is what I installed. This Speed Spec car of mine is like a 'night girl' you'd find in the red light district... I don't know all the different people that have used it. So, I wound up going out with big chunks in the tires and a completely up-side down set-up for the first qual. Taking on a second class, actually my first entry 12th scale, didn't allow for tons of time for going through the entire car for set-up before the second round. However, continuing to work on the car as I had time, the handling improved by tons each time out.

The chassis has the speed, but lacks response in the steering department. Keep in mind, the chassis was designed for running silver 540 motors where the speed is reduced to the point that steering is not that much of a problem. I think the tires that I had mounted up (what was left of them) were purples in front and either pinks or d-pinks.

When compared to the other cars on the track, I know that the chassis can be tuned (a lot) more for tight high speed racing than mine was. If it was a well seasoned driver with the Speed Spec 2 VS. a beginner with the Pro 10 chassis, the seasoned vet could still beat the Pro 10. The margin is that close, keeping in mind that everyone there last night were doing testing with either tires or prototype chassis (and the one lone 235mm RC10L??).
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a few questions from a Novice regarding the Pro10 Class cars and future racing.

I would like to get involved in the on road racing scene. (I have no cars,or RC acessories so I would be starting from scratch) I was thinking about getting a touring car, but started to read up on the Pro10 Class. They sure look cool and appear to have less parts making them easier to set up.

1. Would the Pro 1O class be any place for a rookie in RC? (I raced a little RC off-road about 15 years ago).

2. If the Pro10 Class cars would be to much to handle or set up. What would be a good starter class to race?

3. Do the Pro10 cars just use foam tires?

4. Can you use the Pro10 cars on outdoor asphalt tracks? Or are they just for carpet?

5. I live in the Chicago area. Do you think the local tracks would have classes for these cars in the future?

6. Any comments for a new RC guy for getting involved in on-road?

Thanks,

Bob
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

1. Would the Pro 1O class be any place for a rookie in RC? (I raced a little RC off-road about 15 years ago).

pro 10 should be a great place to start. Depending on what the local classes that are run, a stock 17.5 pro 10 class would be a good starting point.

2. If the Pro10 Class cars would be to much to handle or set up. What would be a good starter class to race?

Pro10 cars are much more simple to set up then todays TC cars

Yup

4. Can you use the Pro10 cars on outdoor asphalt tracks? Or are they just for carpet?

Carpet or asphalt. I think i'm most looking forward to running a lower turn motor on larger outdoor asphalt.

5. I live in the Chicago area. Do you think the local tracks would have classes for these cars in the future?

No clue since i'm in DC

Find out what the local guys are running in your area, and ask tons of questions. Most guys will be thrilled to help expand the local racer population and give you all the help you need. Do your best to support your local LHS and track, without somewhere to get together and race, well you get the point.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

A group of racers down here are looking to get into pro 10 as a spec starting class. Since the only budget chassis is the speedmerchant speedspec and almost everyone have brushless systems, I was thinking about a 17.5 motor for an asphalt medium track.

Do you guys think this is a good starting chassis and the motor choice?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pepecueva
A group of racers down here are looking to get into pro 10 as a spec starting class. Since the only budget chassis is the speedmerchant speedspec and almost everyone have brushless systems, I was thinking about a 17.5 motor for an asphalt medium track.

Do you guys think this is a good starting chassis and the motor choice?
If you absolutely have to use brushless, then yes, it is a good starting point. We have a group of Speed Spec racers locally that are using the silver can motors. We find that these motors require as little maintenance as the brushless motors, are cheaper and slower. These motors don't have the torque of a brushless, therefore award drivers that can figure out how to carry corner speed. This is a lesson that all new drivers should be learning. The simplicity of the chassis and speed of the car means that they can spend less time working on set-up, and more time on actual driving the cars.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Babalu
I have a few questions from a Novice regarding the Pro10 Class cars and future racing.

I would like to get involved in the on road racing scene. (I have no cars,or RC acessories so I would be starting from scratch) I was thinking about getting a touring car, but started to read up on the Pro10 Class. They sure look cool and appear to have less parts making them easier to set up.

Thanks,

Bob
Hi Bob

nemix makes some good points.

I for one have seen people come and go in this class more than any other class out there.

This is what I have seen ok.

your in the midwest and there are only a few tracks still running indoor and out door onroad formats. and as for this class (PRO10) or (GT10) it is new, so check with your local tracks ok.

I have talked with a friend that is there in your local area there is a bigger event that is new and is taking off there in the midwest check it out here on r/c tech and http://www.usvintagetransam.com/ these both would be a good place to start, don't let me sway you oneway or the other ok.

The Pro 10 class is going to be fun it is a blast out here where I am.

What ever you do ask the local tracks what they run ok or Call my friend I will pm you his number ok.

C.C.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chris I think your right to the point that there are only a few tracks here in the midwest or where Bob is but if Bob wants to run PRO10 or GT10 what ever the name ends up to be, then he should check into that yes the Trans Am series here looks to be picking up speed.

These PRO10 cars are not even out yet, yes you and your friends have been running our X10 Viper and that is good and the BMI car should be on its way soon and our orders for the CRC Gen X10 have been moved again from the date we thought we would see them as our cars have been pushed back as well, once the cars are out I think it is going to be a big series here and all over and I will try to head up any local series here with our rules and racing series If they want me to.

I think these cars and there series is a great place to start!

The Trans Am series here is also a great thing, just check it all out Bob before you spend your money ok.

MLP.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Marty I was not pushing him into Trans Am Racing I just wanted him to know that there are a few things he could get into as a entry level racing.

Yes the 200mm pan cars are looking good people want to run something other than touring cars, Yes they are easy to setup and work on.
yes foam tires only well for now.

Tracks will let you race if you show up with 3 or more cars. so if you want to start a series when these cars hit the market - well in the midwest talk to Marty or the local tracks get 3 to 5 of you together with the cars and go put on a show!!!!!

C.C.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:52 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are there pictures of the X10 Viper car without body?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
I got in from work pretty late last night and rushed the car together. I installed the LRP TC spec, and it was a gentleman's agreement to run 13.5s (that I knew of...), so that is what I installed. This Speed Spec car of mine is like a 'night girl' you'd find in the red light district... I don't know all the different people that have used it. So, I wound up going out with big chunks in the tires and a completely up-side down set-up for the first qual. Taking on a second class, actually my first entry 12th scale, didn't allow for tons of time for going through the entire car for set-up before the second round. However, continuing to work on the car as I had time, the handling improved by tons each time out.

The chassis has the speed, but lacks response in the steering department. Keep in mind, the chassis was designed for running silver 540 motors where the speed is reduced to the point that steering is not that much of a problem. I think the tires that I had mounted up (what was left of them) were purples in front and either pinks or d-pinks.

When compared to the other cars on the track, I know that the chassis can be tuned (a lot) more for tight high speed racing than mine was. If it was a well seasoned driver with the Speed Spec 2 VS. a beginner with the Pro 10 chassis, the seasoned vet could still beat the Pro 10. The margin is that close, keeping in mind that everyone there last night were doing testing with either tires or prototype chassis (and the one lone 235mm RC10L??).

Thanks for the test and feedback. I also remember reading on the Speedmerchant news page that eventually a Forumla 10 may be produced in Fibreglass. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the graphite version, I just like the fact that the options exist.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

the price of the speed spec II really catches my eye but i want to be competitive with the graphite cars.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Marty, nice to see you on here again, hope you are fully recovered from the medical problems you were having. I look forward to seeing your x10 and keep thinking about one of your F1 cars they are gorgeous.
Tom
Old 04-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well pictures have been up on the website for almost a year now as we test.

the powers that may will let me post this one picture of Martys Prototype for now, We do not want to post stuff and then when we market the car and have people ask time and time again where did this go or why is it like this and not that its not like the prototype and so on.

I will post a release just before we go to market ok other than that keep an eye on the website ok.

There will be a full press release in the weeks to come. and a complete photo shoot.

Thanks

C.C.
Attached Thumbnails Pro10 Class-x10-base.jpg   Pro10 Class-picture1-0111.jpg   Pro10 Class-picture1-0122.jpg   Pro10 Class-pro-viper.jpg  
Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tarheelquality
Marty, nice to see you on here again, hope you are fully recovered from the medical problems you were having. I look forward to seeing your x10 and keep thinking about one of your F1 cars they are gorgeous.
Tom
Thanks Tom Well I have my good days and bad days.

I was back in the hospital just over 4 weeks ago and about 8 days ago as well it is hard but I keep moving and every day I find my self still here is a good day. LOL.

we have new cars coming for 2008 and there is a New F1 Car and I am sure you will love it.

All of our cars will and are based on our New Viper Chassis.

So keep an eye out for them Chris is doing a great Job and well that is why I let him take over MLP.

I do not want to post pictures here email me and I will send you the info you ask for or email Chris ok.

I want Chris and MLP not to be pushed here this is for racing and not a sales tool Chris has said it time and time again he is a racer and not here to push a product ok.

But Tom Thanks and maybe we will see you at your local track this summer, if my health will let me that is.

MLP
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

See the powers that be!

I was in Chacigo a few weeks back and yes Marty was in the hospital again his lugs are not the best these days.

But I feel he will be fine over time.

he wont be hard to miss at the track might be the only guy there with his own o2 tank sorry j/k Marty ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.