Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sounds like fun, but 1/8th tracks are even more scarce than just big 1/10th tracks.. what are 1/8th cars, like 244mm? i got my 235 car for fun as i knew none were being raced anywhere near me but i had always wanted one.. i actually got to race it once as an F1 car.. if 200mm catches on i'll get one, but currently it seems most of the folks at village where i run are ditching everything that runs on 4 cells cause the battery quality issues so i can't imagine the 200mm cars fairing much better unless the class is run with lipo..
Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Bodies would probably be the biggest issue. The Can-Am bodies probably wouldn't look any better on the 8th pan, than 200mm Lolas on 10th pans. It'd be fun. I know Cobra and a few other manufacturers tried it in the early 90's but the propulsion systems favored the 10th scalers back then. With today's tech it just might work.
Yeah, I may try it someday with the 1/8th nitro body for the hell of it
Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tallyrc
sounds like fun, but 1/8th tracks are even more scarce than just big 1/10th tracks.. what are 1/8th cars, like 244mm? i got my 235 car for fun as i knew none were being raced anywhere near me but i had always wanted one.. i actually got to race it once as an F1 car.. if 200mm catches on i'll get one, but currently it seems most of the folks at village where i run are ditching everything that runs on 4 cells cause the battery quality issues so i can't imagine the 200mm cars fairing much better unless the class is run with lipo..
I agree. I think lipo and 13.5 will be a popular class with these cars. As soon as i get my saddle pack lipo thats what im gonna probably run.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the 1/8th bodies actually fit "o.k." on 235 cars as i've seen folks run them in desperate times..
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Less than 5 days till I have my I-Force!! Can't wait.. I'm gonna try a Lotus Sport Elise for a body. Probably will start out lipo/21.5 but could go 4 cell 17.5/13.5 easy enough also. No class yet but a couple Darkside cars on their way! We'll just run them and hope it creates some more interest.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

The Corally is a wide car I think people are getting confused about the true width of a real pro-10. My car is 235 and the tyres rub on the shell so 225mm is more like the correct width. Beside the rear axel can easily be space 5mm each side for extra width. Make no mistake the corally 10x is a true Pro 10 chassis .

I don't a see a need for a 1/8th electric class for racing. I enjoy watching these cars progress and see the performance but my pro10 goes as fast with minimal tyre wear and comonal garden 1/10 electrics. A 1/8th is going to need bigger motor + batteries.

Beside I think we need RWD back, back for good

At my local club we are racing 190/200m cars and pro10(wide) together for the time being. In the 190/200 class there are mostly tamiya f103gt + f1.

I think we are coming to the common conclusion that the 190/200mm cars should be 13.5+lipo and the pro10 unlimited.

It take good dicipline to race slow and fast cars in the same race but as long as no one takes it too seriously we all have fun .
Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's exactly what I was thinking about the new Corally C10, a true Pro10 sized car and that's how it should be!

Maybe indeed two classes, a 200mm. class with some restrictions for people to step into this class and a full width Pro10 class where anything goes. I just hope in time it will pick up nation wide in Holland. Now there is a small group who are driving Pro10 but I want to build one and drive also for promotion of the class. Maybe it will hit off, who knows...

Joost.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

235mm has always been the standard wide pan car. 225mm is losing alot of the width. As stated earlier, they are the ONLY somewhat wide car. You can keep running them and keep the old school stuff around and that is cool. I have nothing against that. It is only a matter of time before they are phased out. They are going to need to run with the 200mm cars and in time people will get tired of trying to pass a wide car.

1/8th pan is just a hair larger than a wide 1/10th. These would be much more effeicient for the large tracks. I dont think a 1/8th class will take off for the same reason as 235 wont come back. I just think it will be cool to play with. I feel this way about 235mm also. Cool cars but not very usefull.

Last edited by protc3; 03-07-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: i meant larger not smaller.lol
Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe not in the US but here in Holland there is a group of around 25 people who all are running a 235mm. Pro10. Most of them make the chassis themselves which is a very good option. IRS still makes the axles and hubs. Tires and bodies are no problem to get here also.

Maybe it will differ from country to country what will be driven. It seems that the US is making themselves up for a 200mm. pancar class while over here there are a lot of people who think that 235 is the way to go. I am not saying that 200mm is better or worse, just different. If companies deside to make Group C bodies in 200mm, I'm game. If not, I will stick to the 235...

From the several models available now there are some pretty innovative designs in my opinion. As for myself, as long as pancars are coming back I'm okay with it.

I will continue my project and when there is an official class for it in Holland I will pick one up that measures up to that class and drive that.

I am just already glad that the pancar has made his return...

Joost
Old 03-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Be sure to check out the next Issue of Xtreme R/C cars. It will have a feature article on the return of Pro-10 and pics of the CRC Gen X 10, BMI DB10R and Speed Merchant Formula Pro 10
And the Darkside I-Force also.

-E
Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Maybe not in the US but here in Holland there is a group of around 25 people who all are running a 235mm. Pro10. Most of them make the chassis themselves which is a very good option. IRS still makes the axles and hubs. Tires and bodies are no problem to get here also.

Maybe it will differ from country to country what will be driven. It seems that the US is making themselves up for a 200mm. pancar class while over here there are a lot of people who think that 235 is the way to go. I am not saying that 200mm is better or worse, just different. If companies deside to make Group C bodies in 200mm, I'm game. If not, I will stick to the 235...

From the several models available now there are some pretty innovative designs in my opinion. As for myself, as long as pancars are coming back I'm okay with it.

I will continue my project and when there is an official class for it in Holland I will pick one up that measures up to that class and drive that.

I am just already glad that the pancar has made his return...

Joost
Thats cool. Im sure that we will see a wide range of body styles for this class. I can see a GTP style body coming about for the class at sometime. Right now we are messing with the GT bodies and it has been really cool. The sky is the limit as far as bodies go for these cars. Who knows where it will go. I am just happy to be running them. I love pan cars and really am thankful that we now have a 1/10th class.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
And the Darkside I-Force also.

-E
Cool, glad to see you got yours in bro
Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by protc3
Thats cool. Im sure that we will see a wide range of body styles for this class. I can see a GTP style body coming about for the class at sometime. Right now we are messing with the GT bodies and it has been really cool. The sky is the limit as far as bodies go for these cars. Who knows where it will go. I am just happy to be running them. I love pan cars and really am thankful that we now have a 1/10th class.
Yups, I'm right there with you on that...

Joost.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok.... Here are some pictures of my home made pro 10, the quality is poor, also the camera but anyway you can see it fits 6 cell from side to side, also lipo packs. The rear pod was cut and welded and some axle parts were machined from aluminum.

Please release your cars so that I dont have to cut any more cars....

It was fun though-.......
Attached Thumbnails Pro10 Class-imag0007.jpg   Pro10 Class-imag0008.jpg   Pro10 Class-imag0009.jpg   Pro10 Class-imag0010.jpg  
Old 03-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joost K.
If companies deside to make Group C bodies in 200mm, I'm game. If not, I will stick to the 235...

Joost
I feel very much the same. I have no overwhelming desire to stick to wide chassis over 200mm. So if protoform or whoever release prototype 200mm shells I would probably go for it.

The big point for wide pro10 is that there a lot of cars out there already though.

I'm seriously thinking of making a trip to holland this year, all the tracks are 4:20 - 5 hour travelling distance via eurotunnel . Need to renew my passport asap. Are you guys ready for a British invasion?

Originally Posted by pepecueva
Ok.... Here are some pictures of my home made pro 10

Can't make out much from the pictures but that Ford GT body looks great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.