Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Trackdesigner - I can agree with just two classes. But 7.4 lipo and 4cell in GT. Is that what you wanted, or should it all be 7.4 lipo / 6 cell with just a change of motor?

If your going to follow ROAR, then it would be 17.5 vs 27t and 13.5 vs 19 turn. I don't agree with these but if they are the rules lets follow them until they change.
I used 7.4 because I wasnt sure what the equivalent in LiPo would be for 4 cell and I wasnt entirely sure if they had that sort of battery on the market for RC cars (Unless folks used receiver packs and I don't know if those can handle being a primary power source)
Old 02-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, how many posts bitching about batteries are there going to be? It's turned a thread about an awesome class that I'd like to see make a comeback into a thread I don't want to read.

I've run both 4 cell 19 turn and 6 cell stock in a pan car at my local track and their both fast (for the size of the track). Let the clubs decide individually and let's just race.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
grenade10, you think that 1/12 should play off the carpet? i think that 4WD should go off on asphalt, and pro10 should do carpet as well. Why the hell would you stop racing 1/12 carpet, thats on of the original carpet classes. 4 cell is just not as much fun as 6 cell outdoors, on asphalt especially.
Sorry did not want to affend enyone who wants to run these on carpet. I just spend most of my time on the carpet running 1/12 scale.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Wow, how many posts bitching about batteries are there going to be? It's turned a thread about an awesome class that I'd like to see make a comeback into a thread I don't want to read.

I've run both 4 cell 19 turn and 6 cell stock in a pan car at my local track and their both fast (for the size of the track). Let the clubs decide individually and let's just race.
Bitching about cells vs Lipo is not the real issue. Some of the cars will only be able to use 4cells and are not set up for 6 cell or lipo. I can live with either, and think the future is brushless / lipo. I jsut wish there was a lipo voltage similar to 4 cell. Other wise, we need to learn how to work with 3.7volts. This means running a receiver pack to run it and the servo's.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey

Personally I just want to see the class come back too and all this talk of 4 vs 6 cells vs LiPo and what not has been very annoying. All I am trying to do is have an idea of something that can be workable as a spec that the clubs can readily deviate from as need be but still allow for as many peopel as possible to get involved, and yet be able to have enough people in teh same boat that as this class grows, there is a chance to have a "national-type" event for them like the Vintage class is doing. Really the people that are polarizing the whole 4 vs. 6 cell are in the minority in this discussion. I just want everyone to realize that we are all on the same team here and all this arguing over whether we shoudl run 4 cells or 6 cells or LiPo or car ripping the batteries out of our daily drivers and tossing them in these cars (after someone invents a shrink ray) really is going to keep this from totally getting off the ground
Old 02-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It doesnt really matter what you run. If i was to run a class that wanted to run 6 cell nickle metal packs and a stock motor, I would still run 4 cell and a mod motor. 6 cell stock is about the same speed as 4 cell mod and the 4 cell car is much lighter and will outhandle the 6 cell car no problem. If lipo is run then i will run the 7.4 lipo. 6 cell should just be left in the past with 7.4 lipos coming into play. I just dont see why anyone would want to run 6 cell.

Most all of the tracks in the US will be too small for these cars to run 7.4 volt lipo and mod. You will need a big 1/8th track to run that. Mod 4 cell is a handfull on alot of the US tracks. My suggestion is to try it, see how fast these cars really are and then make your decision on the batteries to use. I just ran 4 cell mod today in my DB10R and was blistering fast. It was almost too much for the track. 7.4/ mod would be absolutely impossible on tracks this size. You will all soon see with your own eyes the speeds you can put together with these cars.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Any Pics yet???
Old 02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
Most all of the tracks in the US will be too small for these cars to run 7.4 volt lipo and mod. You will need a big 1/8th track to run that. Mod 4 cell is a handfull on alot of the US tracks. .
Jason, we have run these outside with 6 cell / Lipo and 10.5 or 19 turn on our track at 150 x 75. We have also had a few runs on the carpet 120'x60' and the cars worked. You are correct, they are fast. So the 4 cell with mod would be almost as fast, due to the weight as you noted.

So based on the track, either may work, but I like the 200mm GT with a lipo and 21.5 or 4 cell and 17.5 for the entry class.

BTW - We have a few of you 1/12 scale cars at our track......Nice work!!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Dbl Post - me bad

Last edited by Grenade10; 02-10-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Double Psot
Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Lord

Here are pics as promised.

What i did was make it fit 4 cell or 7.4 lipo saddle pack grouped together as a brick pack. This was based on the dimensions of the new trackpower lipo. I moved the electronics to the rear so you can center the brushless speedo to balance the car without adding weight. You also use less wire which helps with any voltage loss through long wires. Another plus is that it gives you centralized mass from side to side and front to rear helping the car rotate better. You will also be using the weight of the brushless speedo when running lipo to your advantage by adding that weight to the back of the car.

I went with losi style battery mounting with a dropout tray that is fixed with 2 4-40 screws to remove the battery out of the bottom of the car. There is adjustable flex points in the chassis for tuning to different track.

I really hope you guys like what i have come up with. We track tested the car and it really was amazing.
Attached Thumbnails Pro10 Class-db10r1.jpg   Pro10 Class-db10r2.jpg   Pro10 Class-db10r3.jpg   Pro10 Class-db10r4.jpg   Pro10 Class-db10r5.jpg  

Old 02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
It doesnt really matter what you run. If i was to run a class that wanted to run 6 cell nickle metal packs and a stock motor, I would still run 4 cell and a mod motor. 6 cell stock is about the same speed as 4 cell mod and the 4 cell car is much lighter and will outhandle the 6 cell car no problem. If lipo is run then i will run the 7.4 lipo. 6 cell should just be left in the past with 7.4 lipos coming into play. I just dont see why anyone would want to run 6 cell.
Why? The extra weight would help you on a track with poor bite? ex: Superior, old TQ raceway. But dont think we will have any 6 cell pac's in the tuning box !

Lead weights store easier!
Old 02-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Lord

not exactly bro. It has more of the slaphammer effect than anything. The added weight also makes it harder for the front to set at the end of the straight.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedxl
Why? The extra weight would help you on a track with poor bite? ex: Superior, old TQ raceway. But dont think we will have any 6 cell pac's in the tuning box !

Lead weights store easier!
where have you been hector?? Superior has new surface (traction is great) and tq doesnt exist anymore
Old 02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

I also forgot to mention the slower transitioning speeds
Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 PM
GSP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Protc3

The car looks great along with some great ideas on placement of batteries and speedo.

1. What is the target release date?
2. What kind of price is the kit going to have?
3. Will tires be included in the kit?
4. If tires will be included what type will they be?
5. This will be a 200MM car correct?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.