Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uscgretired
Do you charge your battery while it is installed in the GenX10LE? I find it is a pain to remove the screws holding the plate in place to remove the battery for charging.
I hear you about the minor pain; but, have you ever seen a lipo turn an r/c car into a fireball several minutes after having been involved I a major shunt. I have...many times!

So, I always charge with the battery removed from my expensive car stuff. And put it into a lipo charging bag at the major events (as required) or after a significant shunt...another pain...LOL

Lastly...my packs are transported and stored in a lipo bag. Too many friends with either burned up vehicles (real), garages and/or homes.

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Codfather
Hi Guys,

Trying to dial in my GenX10LE. I've recently switched to a Gianna body, and the car is really loose/darty off power now. I assume its due to the new body. I've been running the long arm conversion up front with white springs, i'm thinking of jumping up to red springs. Am I on the right track? Maybe just less sauce up front. I can post my full setup tonight.
Let's see that full setup before commenting.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dumper
Yes it is out, Yes it is legal, and yes it is roar legal as well.
Awesome! How's the balance compare to the other bodies out there. I've been running the DB9 and debating going to the Giana. I ran the Sophia a bit but didn't notice all that much of a difference from the DB9.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Awesome! How's the balance compare to the other bodies out there. I've been running the DB9 and debating going to the Giana. I ran the Sophia a bit but didn't notice all that much of a difference from the DB9.
Burt,

On asphalt or carpet?

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Well I primarily run asphalt but interested in the characteristics on carpet too since I do race on it once a year
Tech Champion

Is that new Toyota 86 body out yet? Is it WGT approved?
Do you mean the Tamiya version?
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
You have local CRC team drivers Brian Bodine and Dave Ehrlich to get setup information from.

You lucky dog!

Bill
Those guys race about 4 hours way from me unfortunately. I'll try and get in touch with them though to see if they have any help to get me going. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Do you mean the Tamiya version?
The Tamiya one has been out awhile now...but it's made for Touring Cars
Old 02-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Odin544
Those guys race about 4 hours way from me unfortunately. I'll try and get in touch with them though to see if they have any help to get me going. Thanks.
Sorry. I forgot Kennewick was over by Richland.

Do you want to race it on carpet or asphalt?

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I'll be racing on carpet.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Well I primarily run asphalt but interested in the characteristics on carpet too since I do race on it once a year
Burt,

Have you tried SG1's carpet setup on asphalt? I run a variation of it. Most important aspects are the rear springs on top of the rear links (outboard), running lighter springs (.050mm new springs) and the side tubes mounted high at the outside ball ends (using 10,000 lube). Definitely my fastest setup for our local indoor asphalt track here.

Recently painted up the Protoform Giana and CRC GT86 bodies and will continue testing them against my trusty Sophia this weekend. All are cut to ROAR-legal specs. Reserving comment until I test them one more time.

See you are the IIC...Just ask Dumper what he will start with a couple weeks before the IIC because an asphalt setup won't cut it...We know our settings will change as soon as the grip comes up anyway...Enjoy the ride...LOL

Cheers!

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'll be racing on carpet.
Totally thinking that both Dave (in Vancouver area) or Brian (in Seattle area) has been to Tri-Cities and can suggest good starting points for your carpet track.

Now see that Tri-Cities carpet barriers are Road Rails. Suggest you run a good front bumper setup to deal with any "head-ons" in practice with a heavier TC car...WGT cars lose that duel...LOL

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Burt,

Have you tried SG1's carpet setup on asphalt? I run a variation of it. Most important aspects are the rear springs on top of the rear links (outboard), running lighter springs (.050mm new springs) and the side tubes mounted high at the outside ball ends (using 10,000 lube). Definitely my fastest setup for our local indoor asphalt track here.

Recently painted up the Protoform Giana and CRC GT86 bodies and will continue testing them against my trusty Sophia this weekend. All are cut to ROAR-legal specs. Reserving comment until I test them one more time.

See you are the IIC...Just ask Dumper what he will start with a couple weeks before the IIC because an asphalt setup won't cut it...We know our settings will change as soon as the grip comes up anyway...Enjoy the ride...LOL

Cheers!

Bill
Surprisingly I'm running pretty much the same setup that you gave me for last year's IIC...it runs pretty well on our asphalt. I'm just looking to get a bit more out of it.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Surprisingly I'm running pretty much the same setup that you gave me for last year's IIC...it runs pretty well on our asphalt. I'm just looking to get a bit more out of it.
Wasn't that Dumper's starting setup for that event? Should have changed somewhat as the traction came up.

And try the modified SG1 setup for asphalt. Have to increase height of the #1870 Tweak Plate with washers (3/16-1/4"). And tap the provided extra hole in the tweak plate for the #3288 Set Screw and Spring Holder. I should be able to supply some taller standoff parts if you want them.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Where is this SG1 setup? All the ones on CRC's website are old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.