Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmnx
Can't be used. It's for TL01/TA04
TL01 knuckle arms will fit Minis....FYI
Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by westerdude42
Hey Troy, Can you get a center section to convert the mini for the Swift body? Is the body available in Japan?
Typicaly the bodies are out about 2 weeks after the kits. and the spare parts, come out with the kits sometimes. So No bodies right now, and no extesion right now, not till the kit comes out. But I think the suspension will be worth buying the kit.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmnx
Can't be used. It's for TL01/TA04
ok, is there any besides tamiyas that will fit it?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dirk
Thanks! I'm using the stock friction shocks. I thought these cars where non adjustable, I was wrong. WOW! the handling is so much sharper! Almost like the 1/12 scale pancars. I also put in some stiffer springs. This little Mini is the most fun rc car I've ever driven!

Now your talking!!! Minis are great!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ball Diff Help

I ahve never assembled a ball diff int he past and the directions on the back of the package are definately not full of info. I lubed the balls and thrust washers as stated and placed everything in the way it says to but when tightening I dont know when to stop. I know most say tighten all the way down but is that till you can turn no more. Almost seems liket he the little washer springs would totally depress and be of no use if you do this. I dont want to ruin it. Ive tighten it down a good bit but is it suppose to be real smooth (its not) I fI hold each drive cup in each hand and move back and forth it does spin but not very smooth. PLEASE HELP!!!!THANKS!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bane
I ahve never assembled a ball diff int he past and the directions on the back of the package are definately not full of info. I lubed the balls and thrust washers as stated and placed everything in the way it says to but when tightening I dont know when to stop. I know most say tighten all the way down but is that till you can turn no more. Almost seems liket he the little washer springs would totally depress and be of no use if you do this. I dont want to ruin it. Ive tighten it down a good bit but is it suppose to be real smooth (its not) I fI hold each drive cup in each hand and move back and forth it does spin but not very smooth. PLEASE HELP!!!!THANKS!!!!

Check if your assembly was properly aligned
Old 02-03-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bane
Did you grease the diff balls before you put it in? Just tighten it until it hold in place, no need to break your fingers tightening it.

I take it you are using the stock diff balls, I switched to carbide ones and find it better and smoother than the stock ones.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hah.. the Sea Bass..

So, Kingpins on each upright? Does this mean TCS-legal camber adjustment?

It's also interesting they'd use it in the rear uprights.. would they pivot too for adjustable rear toe? That would mean ball links to the rear of the chassis, which seems to be unchanged, but who knows..

With different suspension arms, will there be added shock positions? The simplicity of the M-chassis was the reason it was so easy to drive, and the setup so hard to screw up, since all you really mess with are springs, oil, toe and sway bars. Now it may get a little more complex..

Through the description of treaded rubber tires with foam inserts, I'm sure they'll be the 60D size, not sedan tires.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

If anyone is interested I have a mini-cooper for sale with some mods.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

does anyone know good swing shafts for the M-03 that are not Tamiya brand?
Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
does anyone know good swing shafts for the M-03 that are not Tamiya brand?

Tamiya makes 2 different sets for the mini #53205 is one of them I cant seem to find the other number. The newest is a true CVD the old one is a universal joint
Old 02-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
If anyone is interested I have a mini-cooper for sale with some mods.

I am, Pm me for your offer and post some pics too
Old 02-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi, I just got a M03, and wanted to upgrade some of the parts. Who has the best price for Tamiya upgrades that's located in the states. I'm looking to buy the alum front uprights, TA03 diff, and possibly TRF shocks.

Thanks ahead.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SpeedChair
Hi, I just got a M03, and wanted to upgrade some of the parts. Who has the best price for Tamiya upgrades that's located in the states. I'm looking to buy the alum front uprights, TA03 diff, and possibly TRF shocks.

Thanks ahead.
Tower Hobbies - www.towerhobbies.com seems to have the best prices and selection that I've found. If you know the part number you just put that into the search feature on Tower. TRF shocks may be a problem though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.