Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by abailey21; 01-31-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
That's the answer I was really hoping to see. I love spec (grew up on it) but it seems it hard to keep the fun in it. I love the mini because the rules are set to make sure the fun is kept within the track and racers.
That's the answer I was really hoping to see. I love spec (grew up on it) but it seems it hard to keep the fun in it. I love the mini because the rules are set to make sure the fun is kept within the track and racers.

damn that bourbon just hit me hard i am seeing four of the same message

but my real comment now is it hard to build up a m-03 as i have one comming to me and i have never built a kit and destructions (instructions) annoy me
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zubski
Thanks for the advice. Actully i am not useing a heat sink right now but we are planning on putting one on for the race. How much compressed air would it take to cool the motor right down? Does it take a bottol just for one pit stop?
Depends on bottle size but No, it would not be a bottle per pit. It will last a few pits actually. Though I had no problem with cracking parts or falling magnets , i've also never ran an endurance race. And i've only used cheap silver cans. On the safe side you might wanna concentrate your freezing spray on outside of can and heatsinks. And use regular compressed air in the the ports.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by extreme-rc
damn that bourbon just hit me hard i am seeing four of the same message

but my real comment now is it hard to build up a m-03 as i have one comming to me and i have never built a kit and destructions (instructions) annoy me
Your bourbon had the same effect on me. Had to be yours since I don't drink.

M-03 is a real simple car, just make sure you get bearings for it. If it is the Swift it comes with the wheel bearings you would need the transmission. If you have any trouble you can get more info here and Tamiya and rc-mini.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
You're using the stock heat sink already right?

try this fan,
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=22395
or this heat sink,
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25702

U can also try a can of compressed air. The ones to clean computers and electronics that usually come with a thin straw nozzle. Turn the can upside down and spray, it will shoot out the compressing gas which is freezing cold. I used it right in the cooling ports of the motors and on the heat sinks. Cools it right down fast!

how about one of those old school heatsinks that are hollow and you put dry ice into.....should make the motor run nice and cool
Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

sorry about that posty post last night
Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
mep, just finished my paint job . just a normal standard color scheme.
here it is
It looks great! Nice attention to detail
Old 01-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default RP - R.I.P.

R.I.P. - RP

Yes it's true, those of you who are fans of the RP Mini tires (and Take Off Touring Car tires) will have to hoard whatever you've got left... Because they aren't making them any more. That's it - finished.

Confirmed today by the US importer Shawn Palmer at Schumacher USA. He basically said that Take Off/RP tires had a specific chemical compound in them which is now no longer available. So they are now concentrating on the OEM market (Original Equipment Manufacture) which is not so fussy about ultimate grip and wear as the race market is.

Interestingly enough, this confirms what we've been saying for some time about the lack of this one particular chemical causing an r/c rubber tire shortage worldwide. It explains where the HPI X pattern went, why Pit Shimizu said bye bye, why the Tamiya tires (Type A's and Superslicks specifically) are suddenly crap, and why RIDE tires (previously an rc-mini favourite) aren't as good any more.
Seems that replacing this one chemical isn't easy....

If you want to read the full story direct from Shawn Palmer, the thread is here

Bye Bye RP....
Old 02-01-2008, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
R.I.P. - RP

Yes it's true, those of you who are fans of the RP Mini tires (and Take Off Touring Car tires) will have to hoard whatever you've got left... Because they aren't making them any more. That's it - finished.

Confirmed today by the US importer Shawn Palmer at Schumacher USA. He basically said that Take Off/RP tires had a specific chemical compound in them which is now no longer available. So they are now concentrating on the OEM market (Original Equipment Manufacture) which is not so fussy about ultimate grip and wear as the race market is.

Interestingly enough, this confirms what we've been saying for some time about the lack of this one particular chemical causing an r/c rubber tire shortage worldwide. It explains where the HPI X pattern went, why Pit Shimizu said bye bye, why the Tamiya tires (Type A's and Superslicks specifically) are suddenly crap, and why RIDE tires (previously an rc-mini favourite) aren't as good any more.
Seems that replacing this one chemical isn't easy....

If you want to read the full story direct from Shawn Palmer, the thread is here

Bye Bye RP....
pit shimizu too? noooooo.... they were the most popular tyre at my track for the many wet days. but i have a nice new set mounted, and theres lots of stock left over in different places.

and i use them down to the canvas too
Old 02-01-2008, 07:37 AM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ah, that sucks... right before asphault season too. Huge disappointment
Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joe of loath
pit shimizu too? noooooo.... they were the most popular tyre at my track for the many wet days. but i have a nice new set mounted, and theres lots of stock left over in different places.
Pits stopped early/mid last year Joe. Last production run I think was around May/June which was when I got my last lot from Champ. That was when Tani told me that they weren't making them any more. So I bought ALL the stock Champ had.

Sad really because they were the best all round Mini tires I'd suggest. And lasted forever too.....
Old 02-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Pits stopped early/mid last year Joe. Last production run I think was around May/June which was when I got my last lot from Champ. That was when Tani told me that they weren't making them any more. So I bought ALL the stock Champ had.

Sad really because they were the best all round Mini tires I'd suggest. And lasted forever too.....
Yeah, the way you lot from Keilor cornered the market on Pits and spanked the rest of us Vic Mini racers because we couldn't get them :P
Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, the way you lot from Keilor cornered the market on Pits and spanked the rest of us Vic Mini racers because we couldn't get them :P
Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

I think there may have been a few other reasons as well Dec....
Old 02-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oh well

At least theres some shops in the UK that still have stock (no im not telling you which ones!) and the at my track minis run worn out nitro foams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.