Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Sorry for the delay at getting back to you,but the springs that come with the Mo3R are basically OP-333 Touring car tuned spring set(short type)
The set is a set of Red,Yello,Blue all of these in the M03R are just painted white with the little dabs color so you know what size they are.
The spring set your are talking about sounds like OP-440 On-raod Tuned Hard spring set
This is a set of Red,Yelow,Blue,and White
These also at one time came in all white with the dabs of color so you know what the spring were. These are a little bit taller. Anyway you most likely have springs all ready and i use a many different springs and tires so i cant give you any advise as it would just be silly to try and guess a good tires for you.Im glad the other guys all ready helped you out.

the springs you have( that came from the m03r) are the ones i am looking for ..... what do you want for them ?

For some reason my kit didnt come with any springs
Old 10-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Does anyone know the part # for the spacers to convert a 210 mini to a
225mm wb mini????
51238, it's mentioned twice on this page already!

F parts tree.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony gray
51238, it's mentioned twice on this page already!

F parts tree.
Sorry. Don't read every post. But thanx for your patience and supplying the info anyway
Old 10-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
We're starting a mini class around our track.
We are having problems with the kit tires. They wear down in about 5-10 runs depending on driving style.
Replacement costs around 35euros!
What would be a good alternative?
As Tony said, kit tyres suck.

The alternatives depends on what your hobby store can get in. Tamiya 60D slicks are soft, but can be made to last depending on how smoothly you drive and what foam insert you have in them. I find the hard foam insert inside a 60D makes it last for a bit.

HPI tyres are fairly good, last for ages as well, being a harder compound. I have tried RP30s on the front of my Mini, but made it too sensitive to steering changes, and more than likely caused it to traction roll.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We run on an outdoor 1/8th scale asphalt track with bone-stock mini's. (man, I never knew that the straight was that long!!)
One guy used Tamiya type A slicks but traction rolls about every corner.
Sounds like the HPI's are the way to go or us.
Anyone know the partnumber?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
We run on an outdoor 1/8th scale asphalt track with bone-stock mini's. (man, I never knew that the straight was that long!!)
One guy used Tamiya type A slicks but traction rolls about every corner.
Sounds like the HPI's are the way to go or us.
Anyone know the partnumber?
Belted X-patterns are #4565. We've had good luck using the #4530 radials also. we use a cut down TC insert. HPI greens are a favorite. Ride #3030,
#3023's, and rp 36 are starting to show up with varying degrees of success
Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

If your cars are bone stock, then traction rolling will ALWAYS be an issue. Its the ride height that causes most of that, and with Type A's it makes it even worse.

HPI's are still unavailable, in spite of rumours to the contrary. So dont count on being able to find any.

Ride's are THE best for longevity, by far. 3030 for High Temp, 3023 for In between, 3015 for Low Temp.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Question over tyre diameters...

What diameter are the RIDE tyres? had look on RC Mart at them, and they look similar to the Tamiya kit radials (which I assume are 60mm)...

I have noticed that the RP set of tyres I have are a fair bit smaller than the kit tamiyas, I assume they are 50mm (I keep seeing references to 60D and 50D, so I assume this is the tyre diameters), how do the tyres affect the gearing (not really used to using roll-out as a method for gearing)... small diameter, bigger gear??

How do the RP's compare to other tyres avaliable, the 30's seem to be pretty hard....

Ta
Ed
Old 10-22-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Ride - 55mm
Pit Shimizu - 54mm
RP - 56mm
Tamiya Type A 60D - 60mm
HPI X Pattern - 55mm

Note that the softer tyres diameter can be increased by a mm or so depending on the insert used.

And the bottom line, bigger tyre, more top end. Simple as that.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Ride - 55mm
Pit Shimizu - 54mm
RP - 56mm
Tamiya Type A 60D - 60mm
HPI X Pattern - 55mm

Note that the softer tyres diameter can be increased by a mm or so depending on the insert used.

And the bottom line, bigger tyre, more top end. Simple as that.
tony have you try using 13.5 BL motor on your M-chassis before?? i have 13.5 Speed mind BL motor, is it good for endurance race using BL motor??? 13.5T is equal to 27T motor.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, we've tried them a few times. Surprisingly not a whole lot quicker than a Sport-Tuned around a track because most of the extra power is lost in wheelspin.
However on a big track they do work quite well. Tyre wear is probably about 20% worse then normal though.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Yes, we've tried them a few times. Surprisingly not a whole lot quicker than a Sport-Tuned around a track because most of the extra power is lost in wheelspin.
However on a big track they do work quite well. Tyre wear is probably about 20% worse then normal though.
thanks for your advice tony, but i will try it anyway, how if i adjust the Throttle exponential so that the torque not that high, means also reduce in tire wear...... What pinion do you use tony? and what tire do you used??? let say if i'm using 26mm touring car tire, what pinion should i use???
Old 10-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Dropping the torque back is a GOOD idea because I wouldnt vouch for the longevity of the gears with that motor in for too long.

Gearing depends on the track. I wouldnt use a Touring Car wheel, the car will handle like a pig and fall over a LOT>
I'd still stick with the 20T pinion.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Dropping the torque back is a GOOD idea because I wouldnt vouch for the longevity of the gears with that motor in for too long.

Gearing depends on the track. I wouldnt use a Touring Car wheel, the car will handle like a pig and fall over a LOT>
I'd still stick with the 20T pinion.
i'll give it a try, about the gear longevity i use ball differential (TA03) and i found that with TA03 ball diff the thrust bearing was made by metal. Where the ball diff for M-Chassis the thrust bearing body made by plastic......
Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Rookie

I am running the M03M and racing indoors on carpet. We are running TCS rules so there are no real upgrades on the car right now. The problem I am having is tire spin coming out of a corner. Is there a way to reduce this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.