Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 11-12-2020, 08:32 AM
  #29941  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (89)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,159
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

New body set already announced for M chassis Way to go Tamiya

51658 Ford Escort MkII Rally Body Parts Set


This is interesting

54995 M-Chassis 60D Super Radial Tires (Soft,2pcs)

54999 M-Chassis 60D Super Radial Tires (Hard,2pcs)

I wonder if itís a new compound or a new tyre entirely ​​​​​​​
Raman is offline  
Old 11-13-2020, 11:39 AM
  #29942  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,305
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

The body is interesting, as long as Tamiya keeps the price realistic.
monkeyracing is offline  
Old 11-14-2020, 12:32 AM
  #29943  
Tech Regular
 
marcos graveyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newtownforbes, Ireland
Posts: 253
Default

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
The body is interesting, as long as Tamiya keeps the price realistic.
As its a pre-painted bodyshell and that you need to buy the plastic body parts separately, I doubt it will be cheap.
marcos graveyar is offline  
Old 11-14-2020, 06:01 PM
  #29944  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (89)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,159
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marcos graveyar
As its a pre-painted bodyshell and that you need to buy the plastic body parts separately, I doubt it will be cheap.
thatís the kit. There will be a separate body set available
Raman is offline  
Old 12-01-2020, 12:30 PM
  #29945  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (89)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,159
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a pair of the Alfa Giulia rims they arenít using? Part # 0445623

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=5142

im so fed up with TamiyaUSA and their lack of inventory
​​​​​​​
Raman is offline  
Old 12-01-2020, 12:53 PM
  #29946  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I put together a Rear Motor/Rear Wheel Drive 210mm Mini using MF01X chassis. It's the best driving and most fun Mini chassis I have. Silver can motor shown along with 60D radial:



Body lean is intentional. It does not traction roll and has awesome rear traction. Forget about FWD.....
Raman and Nerobro like this.
Dealer Xing is offline  
Old 12-01-2020, 01:45 PM
  #29947  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (89)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,159
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dealer Xing
I put together a Rear Motor/Rear Wheel Drive 210mm Mini using MF01X chassis. It's the best driving and most fun Mini chassis I have. Silver can motor shown along with 60D radial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLtJ1kjto7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgPKmQWn-8s

Body lean is intentional. It does not traction roll and has awesome rear traction. Forget about FWD.....
Used to have the Mini Monte Carlo on the MF01X.. the duck tail needed trimming to make it fit.. that body was narrower than the later Mini bodies.

Im not a fan of FWD either.. not in 1:1 or scale. I bought an M05 early this year just for the Renault 5 body.. I later built it and ran it in front of the house for fun.. it spins the wheels for 5 seconds.. where as my M06, does nice corners and I can drift it when I want to..
Raman is offline  
Old 12-01-2020, 03:22 PM
  #29948  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The only fun about my FF car (FF02) is that I added 4WS to it. Otherwise it is so boring
Dealer Xing is offline  
Old 12-13-2020, 02:05 PM
  #29949  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
toast.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Trying to finish a kit I purchased and steering servo has ~5mm gap to chassis.
Is there a servo horn or spacers that I need to buy?
Please excuse the terrible lack of photography skills:

Thank you




toast. is offline  
Old 12-13-2020, 02:49 PM
  #29950  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 5,566
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by toast.
Trying to finish a kit I purchased and steering servo has ~5mm gap to chassis.
Is there a servo horn or spacers that I need to buy?
Please excuse the terrible lack of photography skills:

Thank you


That looks like a full height servo. Check the manual, the kit comes with the appropriate spacers for full height servos.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 12-13-2020, 03:38 PM
  #29951  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
toast.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I didnt get a manual or parts, bought it built. I looked it up and doesnt seem to be any spacers?
Should I be using a different servo if so could you please recommend one?
I would prefer to spend a little more up front and buy a quality servo that will last.


toast. is offline  
Old 12-13-2020, 03:53 PM
  #29952  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (37)
 
dmcguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 420
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

If you're running a low profile servo, that back servo mount you screwed on needs to be flipped. It works for low profile and regular size servos. If you're running a full servo, you leave the mount the way you have it, but run a spacer at the front. I think it almost looks like a figure 8
dmcguire is offline  
Old 12-13-2020, 10:04 PM
  #29953  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 5,566
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by toast.
I didnt get a manual or parts, bought it built. I looked it up and doesnt seem to be any spacers?
Should I be using a different servo if so could you please recommend one?
I would prefer to spend a little more up front and buy a quality servo that will last.

Do you have a picture of the rear of the chassis? Tamiya started shipping the v2 parts for the rear half with the v1 parts for the front half on some of their kits. If you have the v2 rear half, there's additional instructions.



If you want to try a different servo, a Savox 1251 is a popular choice.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 12-14-2020, 08:43 PM
  #29954  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
toast.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I saw lots of recommendations for Savox 1251 but I remembered having glitching problems with a Savox servo a long time ago.
Who knows if that's still an issue. I purchased a ProTek 160TBL and a washer/spacer kit.
Hoping to have this one and my old M05 running by the weekend. I need to get 2 kids off computers and outside, hopefully soon one day on an indoor track.

gigaplex Pics of rear- can you please let me know what you are looking at?
I have 2 of these and i'm looking at getting them both tuned (shock oils, check or lube diff...) and running.
Also excited for when something breaks so I can start modding them up.
Been reading the forums and although these don't seem that popular, it still looks like they have a devout following.

Thanks for the help!




toast. is offline  
Old 12-14-2020, 09:05 PM
  #29955  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 5,566
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by toast.
I saw lots of recommendations for Savox 1251 but I remembered having glitching problems with a Savox servo a long time ago.
Who knows if that's still an issue. I purchased a ProTek 160TBL and a washer/spacer kit.
Hoping to have this one and my old M05 running by the weekend. I need to get 2 kids off computers and outside, hopefully soon one day on an indoor track.

gigaplex Pics of rear- can you please let me know what you are looking at?
I have 2 of these and i'm looking at getting them both tuned (shock oils, check or lube diff...) and running.
Also excited for when something breaks so I can start modding them up.
Been reading the forums and although these don't seem that popular, it still looks like they have a devout following.

Thanks for the help!

That's a v2 rear end. The bit sticking out the rear confirms it, this is where the droop screws rest against.


gigaplex is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.