Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akuhon
Plastic molded chassis it's a bit harder, need to cut somewhere from the orig. chassis. But carbon fibre chassis is easier ... You can make it on your own, just need some proper tools and the result is better.

If you find it, let us know the site of mini TT-01 ....
Haven't found it again. But this is one of the coolest mini sites I had bookmarked
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...%2Findex2.html

check the rc cars on the left
Old 12-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

No, the RP's have too much steering & grip! The slip of paper that came with my RP30's said that RP 24's are harder and RP36 is softer ... did you get the same slip of paper with your RP's?

The RP traction roll thing is interesting. I run my car low, I think my base setup is on rc-mini.net, I switch tyres between X-patterns, Pit shimizu, and Ride S, each of them work well, with no traction rolls, yet as soon as I put on the RP30 it would roll, even with gentle steering input ... maybe I just need to spend more time developing a setup that is RP specific?

Do you run silver motors or black motors? I'm thinking that because we run black motors here we'd be carrying a bit more speed, maybe that causes the rolls?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim K
No, the RP's have too much steering & grip! The slip of paper that came with my RP30's said that RP 24's are harder and RP36 is softer ... did you get the same slip of paper with your RP's?

The RP traction roll thing is interesting. I run my car low, I think my base setup is on rc-mini.net, I switch tyres between X-patterns, Pit shimizu, and Ride S, each of them work well, with no traction rolls, yet as soon as I put on the RP30 it would roll, even with gentle steering input ... maybe I just need to spend more time developing a setup that is RP specific?

Do you run silver motors or black motors? I'm thinking that because we run black motors here we'd be carrying a bit more speed, maybe that causes the rolls?
If that is the case the slip is certainly wrong. I have honestly never looked at it I guess thats bad since I am the US importer of Take Off products

I know for sure that RP24 is the softest compound and RP40 is the hardest.

I know on sedans running too stiff can cause traction rolling. You can use suspension movment to reduce the weight getting sent to the contact patch...reducing traction. I am really a mini noob so I dont know what you can or can't do to get a mini to do what you want.

Hopefully my Swift gets here tomorrow and I can start finding out
Old 12-06-2006, 07:39 PM
sup
Tech Addict

geo, i did not get the chance to formally meet you. but we ran in the same heat/mains last futaba cup. i was glad to see that many minis in a race. anyway, good run last weekend! hope you enjoyed as much as i did.

a fairly late reply regarding my findings on the new 'cheap' tamiya 60D slicks:
they are much smaller than the Type A tires. much much harder than Type As (maybe harder that sorex 40s). you will see the difference in rollout when you run at a huge track and 1700 batteries. i also encountered 'hooking' at fast corners (but maybe this is due to set-up). my opinion: good cheap tires for racers on a budget! but if you want to win, bigger diameter ones (type A with around 2 inserts) are better.

i hope to try out the x-patterns soon though.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Something I found on the Tamiya USA website.

Did you know that both the current and 2002 IFMAR ISTC World Champions both started their careers at TCS? Well they did. Marc Rheinard and Surikarn Chaidisuriya both competed at the Tamiya World Championships in years past in the Mini Sports Class. This just goes to prove that the Tamiya Championship Series and World?s is a great stepping-stone for world-class drivers in the international level. Now, since both Rheinard and Chaidisuriya both showed driving prowess in the Mini Class, we have to wonder where past our past American Mini Class National winners are up to. Dan Garber, Troy Crabtree, David Weir and Raymond Flores have all been North America Mini Sports National Champions. What are they up to and where are my future world champions? Well, Dan Garber is currently driving Tamiya cars in the Washington state area as a Tamiya America supported driver. Troy Crabtree is looking for another National title so he can make his way to the Tamiya World Championships, as is David Weir. Raymond Flores discovered college and girls after winning the Mini Tamiya World title in 1999. There is one thing Raymond can say. He beat the current IFMAR World Champ at the 1999 Tamiya Worlds. See if you can pick out a twelve year old Marc Rheinard in our picture gallery.
Attached Images   
Old 12-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Something I found on the Tamiya USA website.

Did you know that both the current and 2002 IFMAR ISTC World Champions both started their careers at TCS? Well they did. Marc Rheinard and Surikarn Chaidisuriya both competed at the Tamiya World Championships in years past in the Mini Sports Class. This just goes to prove that the Tamiya Championship Series and World?s is a great stepping-stone for world-class drivers in the international level. Now, since both Rheinard and Chaidisuriya both showed driving prowess in the Mini Class, we have to wonder where past our past American Mini Class National winners are up to. Dan Garber, Troy Crabtree, David Weir and Raymond Flores have all been North America Mini Sports National Champions. What are they up to and where are my future world champions? Well, Dan Garber is currently driving Tamiya cars in the Washington state area as a Tamiya America supported driver. Troy Crabtree is looking for another National title so he can make his way to the Tamiya World Championships, as is David Weir. Raymond Flores discovered college and girls after winning the Mini Tamiya World title in 1999. There is one thing Raymond can say. He beat the current IFMAR World Champ at the 1999 Tamiya Worlds. See if you can pick out a twelve year old Marc Rheinard in our picture gallery.

When did you get that info?
Quite a long way out of date I would say as the current world champ is Andy Moore.
But, the point is still a great one, and I love that Raymond 'discovered girls' !!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stulec52
When did you get that info?
Quite a long way out of date I would say as the current world champ is Andy Moore.
But, the point is still a great one, and I love that Raymond 'discovered girls' !!
It was something I found it was in the race report for the North American TCS team that went to TCS Worlds in 2004.
It was to support the topic about a page back talking about Marc running a mini. and to my amazment Surikarn did as well.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Found a 540 silver can locally made in Taiwan. It's rated at 23000rpm and has an internal cooling fan built inside it. It acts to blow out the hot air . Works really well. They recommend using a better ESC than the basic TEU101Bk but i ran it under hot weather using an IB4200 in an M03 and the ESC did not cut out or slow down. i raced against a SportTuned Tamiya Black can and it had significantly better top speed. the best part is that it only costs $10USD

Any of you guys at rc-mini wanna test one?Would like your input/output.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-img_2801.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-img_2802.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-img_2804.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-img_2805.jpg  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
Found a 540 silver can locally made in Taiwan. It's rated at 23000rpm and has an internal cooling fan built inside it. It acts to blow out the hot air . Works really well. They recommend using a better ESC than the basic TEU101Bk but i ran it under hot weather using an IB4200 in an M03 and the ESC did not cut out or slow down. i raced against a SportTuned Tamiya Black can and it had significantly better top speed. the best part is that it only costs $10USD

Under TCS rules the Silver can motor is actually a "chrome" can motor. That motor will be deamed illegal.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bodywerx
Under TCS rules the Silver can motor is actually a "chrome" can motor. That motor will be deamed illegal.
The rules also say Mabuchi or Johnson only.

On another note I will be putting one of my mini's up for sale,
Will be my M03L with TA03 diff, CVA super mini oil filled shocks, Blue and White short tuned springs, S-grips front and m-grips rear on reinforced wheels

Let me know if anyone is interested before I put it in the for sale forum or ebay
Old 12-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

agreed. I believe the box it comes in has blue writting and states either 540J or 540M motor. (540J is a Johnson and a 540M is the Mabuchi)

Our mini-class limits batteries to the Peak 2400mah NiCd's. I imagine those 4200's have quite a bit more punch.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan

We've got those ones here too. They are faster for sure but they are so so so banned..... Same as everywhere else, its only Mabuchi or Johnson here.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not to mention it'll sure exceed the 1.3A@2V limit imposed...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input but i don't think i said anywhere i wanted to use it in any kind of TCS race or use illegal motors. Just thought it was a cool find and at that price why would you wanna buy another black can for fun use.?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Uh...and the mystery is...?

Dude, it's not even like you have to go WAY back to see answers to these (and many other) questions. Senna listed tires and inserts, motor-dipping has been addressed within the last couple pages (and why bother if you're running "just for fun"?), which car is "better" is nothing but an opinion face-off, and the diff question was answered.

Ya got watcha paid for. More than, in fact. So maybe lose the attitude and read along for a few days. I pick up ideas every few days here just watching the banter.

Scottrik
Do you understand what a setup is?

And yes, I read all the pages, starting from page one. After I received no help!

But thanks for your info, even though it was given in a rude manner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.