Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Well...I'd have to say that between us we've got 3 of them and havent had any serious breakages yet. That said, they dont strike me as one of the most robust cars I've ever seen. The Xpress is a LOT stronger, although sadly no longer in production.
Any interchangable ie:Tamiya - parts that can used on the Xpress?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not that I know of.......
Old 12-19-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony gray
ABC make the Civic shell, but on their website they've said its only a prototype with no plans for production yet.
However, they're not going to make a mold just for one shell are they! It'll be out at some stage I'm sure.
the car itself is still a prototype (the real one)or at least it was when they put the site together describing it
Old 12-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I like the Mugen Fit Spec-D
http://www.abchobby.com/abcframe/inf...pages/fit.html
Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I'm running the Tamiya CVA super mini shocks (50746) with the Tamiya Touring Car Tuned Spring Set (Short Type) #53333.

Originally Posted by falconcg
Went to race for the first time (ran about 4-5 packs). My car (M03M) was all over the track with my stock suspension. Tried the fuel tubbing inside the shock but didn't like it.

Should I buy the RC CVA Super Mini Shock Unit (50746) or the RC CVA Mini Shock Unit Set II (50519).

Also, which springs should I get? RC On-Road Tuned Spring Set - (4WD/FWD Touring & Rally Car) (53163) or the RC Touring Car Tuned Spring - Set (Short) (53333)?

And why one or the other?

Anyone have any of those parts for sale?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:11 AM

The new body for the Mini series in January. The Mini guys last night got to see it. Now the rest of you can too.

This is an ABC Hobby body from Japan.

And YES it does have Headlight buckets. For this body they will not work, but the next one will.

Last edited by Bodywerx; 12-19-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Well...I'd have to say that between us we've got 3 of them and havent had any serious breakages yet. That said, they dont strike me as one of the most robust cars I've ever seen. The Xpress is a LOT stronger, although sadly no longer in production.

Tony
Tony how do you feel bout the Tech racing conversion?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

This is what it says about the Concept R on the ABC website.

CONCEPT TYPE-R

The geneva motor show (2006 February 28th ~ March 12th) being similar, reproducing that model which is announced.
45th Shizuoka hobby show special sample only
It is exhibition of prototype. At present there is no schedule of commercialization.

I think it applies to the real car and the body shell too? Its kinda hard to tell?....

OK, now the Tech car? Looks amazing and no doubt will really go well and handle too. But we have some reservations about its durability and working on the thing is a bit of a pain too. (Tim swore a lot working on his)
It's not a car that we'd rush into service as an everyday racer, there are probably better choices out there for that sort of duty.
My personal choice as an all round 4WD Mini that you CAN live with every day is probably the X Ray, or maybe the HPI?

Tony
Old 12-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

This is what it says about the Concept R on the ABC website.

CONCEPT TYPE-R

The geneva motor show (2006 February 28th ~ March 12th) being similar, reproducing that model which is announced.
45th Shizuoka hobby show special sample only
It is exhibition of prototype. At present there is no schedule of commercialization.

I think it applies to the real car and the body shell too? Its kinda hard to tell?....

OK, now the Tech car? Looks amazing and no doubt will really go well and handle too. But we have some reservations about its durability and working on the thing is a bit of a pain too. (Tim swore a lot working on his)
It's not a car that we'd rush into service as an everyday racer, there are probably better choices out there for that sort of duty.
My personal choice as an all round 4WD Mini that you CAN live with every day is probably the X Ray, or maybe the HPI?

Tony
But the xray is considered a 1/12 sedan correct?? will it fit under mini bodies?
other than the decks, belts, bulkheads. what is common with any tamiya car on the Tech?? (diffs) uni's?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Talking race

anyone running mini at the Novak Race ?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Calling an X Ray a 1/12th sedan is entirely up to which ever marketing department you talk to. As far as I'm concerned its the same size as a SWB M chassis and takes the same bodyshells. Therefore its a Tenth Scale Mini.

I think it was Yokomo who started the whole '12th scale sedan' thing...

I'll get Tim to answer the 'Whats the same on Tech Minis' question....
Old 12-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Scotty's said that there are "a heap of minis" signed up - not sure on the actual number.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Yes, I will be running mini again. I am ready for my beat down already. In my mains last year I got my steering fixed. Hopefully this year it will be other issues instead. I know I shouldn't say that but I always have issues.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Smiley is da BOMB!!!!!!

i think at last count, my loaner fleet is all allocated... Team Oklahoma is running about 5, with 4 coming from my rental lot!

Wes
Old 12-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
Smiley is da BOMB!!!!!!
Wes
Well atleast someone thinks so. I haven't run mini since the tcs. Will be fun again this year. The problems with steering sucked bad. I am just hoping I don't break something. All the team medicore guys coming this year. I guess I could say I am just good enough for the c main.

Peace Aaron(W-W)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.