Like Tree222Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Reply

Old 11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
  #2236  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,417
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

That would be THIS conversion.. Made by Chevron Models.

Welll it was, they dont do it anymore. This is a scan from the manual, and the components assembled ready to go. The carbon plate goes where the servo used to go.



tony gray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 AM
  #2237  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Deves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Tony, Is there anything Mini you don't have or have had?
Deves is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:14 AM
  #2238  
Tech Master
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray
That would be THIS conversion.. Made by Chevron Models.

Welll it was, they dont do it anymore. This is a scan from the manual, and the components assembled ready to go. The carbon plate goes where the servo used to go.
Thanks mate
Yes, you're right. I saw it in Jap Magazine with Monster "M" chassis body for M03 .... I thought it's a home made by Jap racer.

Could you make the pics (manual) larger res. (1024 x 768) .... ?
I can't see clearly the attached pics .... I want to see where the mounting for the servo holder....

Rgds
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 AM
  #2239  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,417
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Deves there are a few mini-related things that I dont/haven't had...but only a few I have to say. Hey, SOMEONE has to have them all don't they?

Akuhon, I've scanned a fullsize copy of both sides of the manual to my personal website. You can d/l them from there
Go to http://home.iprimus.com.au/anthonygr...Steering03.jpg
and http://home.iprimus.com.au/anthonygr...Steering04.jpg

for the 2 files. Let me know once you've got them and I'll take them back down again until I put them up on rc-mini.

I'm building a car up with the full conversion over the next few days and it'll be on rc-mini.net as soon as its done.
tony gray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:19 AM
  #2240  
Tech Regular
 
TENCHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: representing SMOKEY POINT!
Posts: 327
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray
Ever seen a RWD F103 based Mini?

Neither had we. Check our latest update for the pics and story on something that may not be quite what it appears to be.....

http://www.rc-mini.net
F-103mini...actually, i think they used a wider body on that shortend chassis....i saw it in one of my Japanese RC magazines recently....i'll have to look again and let you know which one. but it was for a M-chassis event.

as for the rear mount servo conversion....i know where there is one of those for sale at a hobby shop in japan, but it's really old! the baggie is falling apart.

Last edited by TENCHO; 11-07-2006 at 01:31 AM.
TENCHO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:32 PM
  #2241  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
stulec52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,186
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I just wondered if guys had any experience running on carpet?
Mainly I wanted to know whether to go M03, M03M, or M03L ?

Only allowed Tamiya Hop Ups, so anything I would NEED that you guys might also know would be great !
thanks
stulec52 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:28 PM
  #2242  
Tech Master
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by stulec52
I just wondered if guys had any experience running on carpet?
Mainly I wanted to know whether to go M03, M03M, or M03L ?

Only allowed Tamiya Hop Ups, so anything I would NEED that you guys might also know would be great !
thanks
That's depend on the tracks.
Many turns = M03
Many long straight = M03L
in-between above = M03M ....

Better if you keep handy the 2 chassis joins (M and L) beside the M03.
(My original M-chassis is M03L)
Also don;t forget the bodies ....

And for the hop-up I can't help that much ..... 'cause I mostly play outlaw class...
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:38 PM
  #2243  
Tech Master
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray
...
Akuhon, I've scanned a fullsize copy of both sides of the manual to my personal website. You can d/l them from there
Go to http://home.iprimus.com.au/anthonygr...Steering03.jpg
and http://home.iprimus.com.au/anthonygr...Steering04.jpg

for the 2 files. Let me know once you've got them and I'll take them back down again until I put them up on rc-mini.

I'm building a car up with the full conversion over the next few days and it'll be on rc-mini.net as soon as its done.
OK ... got them ... thanks mate ....
Let me know your project, once it's ready ...

Cheers,
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
  #2244  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,417
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

No problem Akuhon. I'll take them down now that you have them.

I'm building the car up now, probably have it on rc-mini by tomorrow.
tony gray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
  #2245  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
racenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philippine RC Drifters
Posts: 2,087
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, how is the handling of converted steering of mo3??? it looks like mo4..
racenut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
  #2246  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,417
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It was over 12 months back when I last used that setup, but out of the two of us that tried it (on 2 separate cars) neither of us could really tell any difference....
tony gray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
  #2247  
sup
Tech Addict
 
sup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 734
Default

akuhon, toni or anyone,

have you tried this part:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=20924

i guess with this part, you can use a micro/mini servo and lower the cg. not quite sure if it affects the turnbuckle angle or something.

regarding the mod, relocating the steering servo at the back, i would have no space for the electronics.
sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:14 PM
  #2248  
Tech Master
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by sup
akuhon, toni or anyone,

have you tried this part:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=20924

i guess with this part, you can use a micro/mini servo and lower the cg. not quite sure if it affects the turnbuckle angle or something.

regarding the mod, relocating the steering servo at the back, i would have no space for the electronics.
I don;t know about this part.... I guess you're right .... I see Tech-racing also made one.... I don;t know Yeah Racing HK also make one.... I bet the price is cheaper than Tech-Racing.
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
  #2249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,417
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The Yeah Racing part is a direct (but much cheaper) copy of the Tech one. We've tried the Tech one and it achieves.....nothing, not a thing. In fact lowering the servo creates another problem as you need to change the servo saver then.

However, it does look cool and sometimes thats more important than anything!
tony gray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 PM
  #2250  
Tech Master
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray
It was over 12 months back when I last used that setup, but out of the two of us that tried it (on 2 separate cars) neither of us could really tell any difference....
Yes, I guess so.... no different ... but I'm after a bit weight transfer to the rear .... I hope it to work by doing this ....

And also, I see you post HPI mini tires. It's rubber, right...
Do yuo have any experience with other rubber tires for m-chassis ? I see there are some from : RIDE, PIT-SHIMIZU ....

Please share with us..... I don;t have any experience with them 'cause I only use foam....
Actually because it's cheaper than rubber (cost of rim, insert and tires) and it fits my style....

Do you also have M01/M02 4WD conversion by Tech Racing ? I think this one is the oldest conversion for M-chassis. Now, they (Tech-Racing) did the same thing with M03 .... Post some pics if you have, here or in your web...

Cheers,
akuhon is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service