Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Jim,

Are you talking about the Corsair droop adjusters for the MO3. yes they were very good, unfortunately illegal where I ran.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I believe they were Corsair, yes. L shaped, plastic bits that replaced the upper arms.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
What did I miss? Seems everyone has gone droop crazy all of a sudden lol? For a decade and a half we have all been running M chassis with no droop.

Of you're dying to have it, why not just buy the new arms?
What you missed was the point of the droop discussion, where adding a reinforcement plate is required for accuracy and longevity. I brought my decently modified M05v.2 to the Tamiya Track over the weekend, showed Granpa, and he shared his feelings.

As far as the "why not just buy then new arm?"... Two things: for one, you cant. If anyone is thinking, "oh i'll just get the parts when the kits comes out", well, keep thinking that as time just trickles on by for a bit. And second, the chassis design is a integral part of the droop arm design. Having this arm on an M03/5/6 expecting droop adjustment is impossible.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm about to join Eric's v.2 party, should be delivered in the next two hours. Any tips when putting this thing together? Never owned a mini so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricP
What you missed was the point of the droop discussion, where adding a reinforcement plate is required for accuracy and longevity. I brought my decently modified M05v.2 to the Tamiya Track over the weekend, showed Granpa, and he shared his feelings.

As far as the "why not just buy then new arm?"... Two things: for one, you cant. If anyone is thinking, "oh i'll just get the parts when the kits comes out", well, keep thinking that as time just trickles on by for a bit. And second, the chassis design is a integral part of the droop arm design. Having this arm on an M03/5/6 expecting droop adjustment is impossible.
Thanks.. Now im up to speed Makes me wonder why Tamiya did not design the chassis with tabs moulded like a TC.

Wait, what am I saying, it's Tamiya, they have to over engineer things do they don't make sense
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
I'm about to join Eric's v.2 party, should be delivered in the next two hours. Any tips when putting this thing together? Never owned a mini so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yeah, there's one tip that will make life with your new M05 much easier. Be sure to clean up the rails and the channels where the rear chassis halves fit over the front. Also apply grease here. It's in the instructions, but this one is easy to miss. I missed it and spent an hour trying to get the parts loose.

As for the rest of it, it's pretty straight forward. Don't go crazy on the option parts. Just start out fairly stock and add as you figure out what makes sense for your uses. Don't be afraid to ask ???? of the more experienced guys at your local track.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

where you guys getting the kits from
Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Overseas only right now. Which makes me feel guilty not supporting Tamiya USA. But I needed something fairly quick and was waiting for this one to come out so I didn't have to buy new batteries
Old 06-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Granpa
Oh yeah, there's one tip that will make life with your new M05 much easier. Be sure to clean up the rails and the channels where the rear chassis halves fit over the front. Also apply grease here. It's in the instructions, but this one is easy to miss. I missed it and spent an hour trying to get the parts loose.

As for the rest of it, it's pretty straight forward. Don't go crazy on the option parts. Just start out fairly stock and add as you figure out what makes sense for your uses. Don't be afraid to ask ???? of the more experienced guys at your local track.
Thanks Granpa, I'll pay close attention to that.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Again, shipment in the USA is due, right about now, so the US stores will see them soon.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Yeah a lot of the sites out there are reporting late July, although I think they are going off of old information. They should be here soon if the asain sites already have them. But them boats take a while to come across the pond.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Thanks.. Now im up to speed Makes me wonder why Tamiya did not design the chassis with tabs moulded like a TC.

Wait, what am I saying, it's Tamiya, they have to over engineer things do they don't make sense
Uhmmm.. maybe because its not a TC... This new design actually makes perfect sense for a 'mini chassis'...

Where as the the TA05 M is more fitting of a TC-Style Arm/Droop design..

looking forward to trying the new bits.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I got mine yesterday from overseas. I noticed they were available and ordered. Tamiya USA has plenty of my money from over the years.

Eric can you confirm if the current M05 sway bar kit will still fit the v2?
I've bought these at least 3 times and sent them when I sold the cars.

Thanks.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Yeah a lot of the sites out there are reporting late July, although I think they are going off of old information. They should be here soon if the asain sites already have them. But them boats take a while to come across the pond.
most of the Asian stores I know are now sold out or asking for crazy pricing(269). Is it that popular?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

most of the Asian stores I know are now sold out or asking for crazy pricing(269). Is it that popular?
Hehe, they know the American stores don't have them yet...supply and demand i guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.