Wiki Posts
Search

Atlas YM34 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by robk
Hey a few more things about the old car at least.

It seems to like the same spring front and back. I fooled around with other stuff but the best change was equalizing the springs. I had Associated blues on with swaybars front and rear. I'm not sure if it can use a heavier spring on the rear, or if i should go heavier all the way around yet but it has been ok.

Run lots of droop in the rear. I don't know if the new car has droop limiters, but I drilled some into the arms of my car. It felt way better when I added a significant amount of droop to the back. I remembered this from the summer, when i took some droop out of the rear and it got loose. The front however looks to be more tolerant of less.

I think you have to run some antisquat in the car. I don't know how much is right yet, but I had 2mm in the back of the car. It helps to get the thing to rotate a bit more going in. i also added some kick up in front as well. I did this before changing the spring so the car might be ok without it. We'll see how much stays in as the car was a bit tight in the middle & getting out of the corner. LESS anti squat helps there.

By the b main the car was ok but I drove like a dork, and blew second place.

Gospeed- What do you think the major difference is between the old & new cars? Better or about the same?

Diva- thanks

robk, the new type-t don't come with droop screws as well, but again, u can add it yourself.
i am running Kyosho yellow spring all around, with the same shocks oil (yokomo 400wt). but i laydown the front shocks to have more steering response.
yes, more rear droop = more rear grip in general, i usually run 3-3.5 mm droop in the rear.

Good luck !
Old 01-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it. I have been running the shortest steering link. I agree it is best. i have the front shocks in one hole on the tower. I may go one more hole in, but i not sure yet.
I do have to say my results are a bit different on the droop. I just find that the car basically sucks without quite a bit of droop. I may have something else wrong but this is the crutch for now.

Last edited by robk; 01-08-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by robk
Thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it. I have been running the shortest steering link. I agree it is best. i have the front shocks in one hole on the tower. I may go one more hole in, but i not sure yet.
I do have to say my results are a bit different on the droop. I just find that the car basically sucks without quite a bit of droop. I may have something else wrong but this is the crutch for now.
Well, the position of mounting holes, depth of droop, etc. varies from track to track. Just follow the set-up guide and you should get the desired effects. Those guidelines make no difference in Xray or YM
Old 01-15-2002, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hello

hello guys,
I already have a tc3 and wanted a new (belt drive) car and ordered a YM34 last nite. I was wondering, do instructions give gearing suggestions? For example If I wanted to run a 10x2 would the instruction have a table or chart that recommened a pinion/spur combo?
also, does this car use a standard size wheel hex so I can use proline/hpi wheels?
Thank you,
Kenny
Old 01-15-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Hi here are 2 links for 48 and 64 p gear ratios

Somewhere i have a motor and ratio recommendation sheet.

I'll try to find and scan it. Its mostly for asphalt.

http://www.miwahobby.co.jp/atlasa/ja...ym34tgear.html

http://www.miwahobby.co.jp/atlasa/ja...ate_ym64p.html
Old 01-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

robk-thanks for those links.
that would be great if you could scan that motor and ratio recommendation sheet.
I will be racing on a permanent asphalt track so that would be perfect!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kenny
robk-thanks for those links.
that would be great if you could scan that motor and ratio recommendation sheet.
I will be racing on a permanent asphalt track so that would be perfect!
Well, that's a trick question since the motor and gear combination depends on the track. For those tracks with many sharp corners, you need something that helps acceleration. On the other hand, you need something that push top end. In general, you could try

8 turn - 8.5
9 turn - 8
10 turn - 7.5
11 turn - 7

So for example, if you're running 10 turn double, then you could try 120/37 (internal gear ratio of YM is 2.3125)
Old 01-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

My YM34 came this afternoon. It looks very nice I dont have any grease of diff lube so I will have to wait to begin assembly until this weekend.
Diva-thanks I will try 120/37.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ym34

Here is what I have so far. Im just waiting for my esc and servo to arrive and then I can finnish assembly and hit the track

Old 01-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MVP?

oh, one more quick question- I was running my 10x2 in my tc3 today (the 10x2 I planned on using in my YM34) and quickly realized I am not a good enough driver to run at those speeds yet. So I am going to run MVP in my YM34. Can someone tell me approx. gearing for a MVP or If any of you run an MVP what gearing you use?
Thanks!
-kenny
Old 01-20-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: ym34

Originally posted by kenny
Here is what I have so far. Im just waiting for my esc and servo to arrive and then I can finnish assembly and hit the track

Oh I thought you had ordered the type-T. The one you ordered is not the newest version. But it's a ferrari. That means it's a good car provided that you're a good driver. The newest Type-T is much forgiving though. Even new players could run it well.

Anyway, it's a good way to train your fingers.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

mvp 45/125 64p
Old 01-21-2002, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: ym34

Originally posted by Diva

Oh I thought you had ordered the type-T. The one you ordered is not the newest version. But it's a ferrari. That means it's a good car provided that you're a good driver. The newest Type-T is much forgiving though. Even new players could run it well.

Anyway, it's a good way to train your fingers.
Excellent - I look forward to the challange!

robk - thanks for the gearing info. i think this car will do nice with the mvp
Old 01-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Type T springs

Does anyone know what rate the Blue springs in the Type T are and where they fit in with the Integy springs. I am wanting to stiffen the car up a little bit and i already have a complete set of the Integy's. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

anyone?? ttt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.