Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec

Orlando, if you need a rabbit to chase this weekend or vice versa, Edgar and I are running our TRF41-whatevers in full-blown angry mode
Donor electronics go in tonite..
Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

psst...Mike, make me order a TA06
You will want to order the TA06 the end of Oct
Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I haven't rebuilt my IFS shocks on my FF03 in 3 months...seemed to work fine at the nationals a couple weeks ago. I haven't rebuilt my shocks in my IFS 05 since I rebuilt it at the begining of the year. They're not that bad and are no different when you're giving your car a once over.

Orlando, if you need a rabbit to chase this weekend or vice versa, Edgar and I are running our TRF41-whatevers in full-blown angry mode

psst...Mike, make me order a TA06
hm, I use the Groskamp method to build the shocks, and air gets in after every race. Maybe the negative rebound have more tendency to suck air in

I'd like to run my IFS bodies but the air issue and that angle of the rocker arms are not cutting it for me

btw, has anyone got a hold of the reinforced chassis yet?
also, next month will have lots of new parts for the TA06. Namely the other reinforced parts and the CF shock towers.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shameless121
Order the TA06 its an excellent car. The IFS I guess you just have to know how to drive I have mine setup and im running high 12's low 13's and its not even diled all the way yet and thats on a LRP ESC and a Novak 17.5 motor. your still putting the weight down the center anf front of the car the shock are in the middle, yes it may not be right next to each wheel but weight is dispursed properly if you built it right. Takes time getting used to but its great. I normally will just cycle the shocks a few times after ebery run so they are getting there full ins and out working. I have had no issues in 5 months with air getting inside. Get the proper sway setup on it silver in back red/ pink in front. soften the suspension infront and stiffin in the rear. lower droop to 4 in front 5 in the rear. It Handles!!! Ive had it on carpet and Asphalt
Hi, I have a question about your setup. Actually, a few other guys set the car up more or less the same way on this forum. And I don't quite understand why.

Right now you generally have the front suspension softer than the rear. that includes springs rate, sway bars, damper and droop. My understanding is that this will produce an oversteer (more loose) in On and Off power situation.

When I first build the TA06, I used the manual setup as a base, which has the front and rear suspension in pretty much identical stiffness. eg. yellow springs, same damper, same droop all around. I found the car oversteer a little on and off power.

So if we stiffen the rear suspension even more, wouldn't that make this car oversteer alot on and off power?

This post has nothing to do with IFS by the way. It's a pure car setup question from a newb. I am just really confused seeing a few guys up here setup their car with a stiffer rear.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gom
Hi, I have a question about your setup. Actually, a few other guys set the car up more or less the same way on this forum. And I don't quite understand why.

Right now you generally have the front suspension softer than the rear. that includes springs rate, sway bars, damper and droop. My understanding is that this will produce an oversteer (more loose) in On and Off power situation.

When I first build the TA06, I used the manual setup as a base, which has the front and rear suspension in pretty much identical stiffness. eg. yellow springs, same damper, same droop all around. I found the car oversteer a little on and off power.

So if we stiffen the rear suspension even more, wouldn't that make this car oversteer alot on and off power?

This post has nothing to do with IFS by the way. It's a pure car setup question from a newb. I am just really confused seeing a few guys up here setup their car with a stiffer rear.
I ran the car stock setup as well and with stock gearing. Changed gears first thing and it was a huge improvment on the speed. then I upgraded everything I could. I stiffened the rear to help roll but still it has give to lean. I loosend the front and put the red sway in front and it has a very smooth lean not fast just enough to steer perfect. The droop is set at that height because the car is closer to the ground for cornering and less drag, the rear is higher so when the car acelerates each time the car has more force and weight to distribute to the rear tires and the suspension and its stiffness levels out to all 4 wheels and it goes! I may try something diefferent this weekend with a little less droop but other then that the car is sweet. If you have access to a setup board and tools maybe a friend or person at your local track can tweak your car and do your setup for you.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gom

I am getting good results with the front spring one level softer than the rear. I think this is because the rear is heavier than other TCs(motor way back, gearbox assembly)
I use med sways in the front and rear, but the rear is kind of loose upon exit, so I'll try softs next time. This also might be coming from the gear driven rear which will react faster than the belt driven front.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbones
I am getting good results with the front spring one level softer than the rear. I think this is because the rear is heavier than other TCs(motor way back, gearbox assembly)
I use med sways in the front and rear, but the rear is kind of loose upon exit, so I'll try softs next time. This also might be coming from the gear driven rear which will react faster than the belt driven front.
Exactly! I'm tuning the ray speed reds it's between the tamiya yellow and tamiya reds.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeR
You will want to order the TA06 the end of Oct
Is that a hint at what exotek is planning? Dear god, I hope so!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the responses guys. I'll give that suspension set up a try in the next race.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mazda6-Angry?!?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OSherman
Mazda6-Angry?!?
Hulk smash angry?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got the new carbon hatch and alum. rocker arm set
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

stitchy what do those cost?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Mazda6-Angry?!?
Lol...after driving scale Tamiya shells for the past year...the speed 6 brings out more ferocity
Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shameless121
stitchy what do those cost?
you may want to click on the links he provided...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.