Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Building doing well, had to stop every now and then to take care of errands and stuff. Can't decide though what oil wt to use on my shocks ( I have an associated 70, 50 and 40 in stock). I am also trying to figure out what's the best setup for the dampers (i.e. firm in front and soft in back or vise versa), because it's quite different from the TC3. I also lost one of the aluminum collar that goes into the drive shaft, but I guess it's not that essential. I like the almost frictionless drive of this car, but will have to get used to driving one way in corners . I will use a Vauxhall Vectra this 10th, I already ordered it from Appollo. I have but a few comments with the 5.2ttt kit.

- the car is soooo loose and I like it !!. Just a simple push will get the car going.

- the car looks sooo coool with the graphite and alum parts!

- the car is light.

- I like the almost frictionless alum drive shaft.

- The measurements given in the manual during building is 99.99% precise. I only changed the camber at the rear from a -3 to a -1.5, but everything else stayed as is.

- the car is tough, I have seen jzone and myx bash the car and it survived !.

- the kit comes with almost all of the hop-up parts. A big plus for consumers in terms of cost.

Dislikes:

- the figure of the car have the rear shocks inside instead of outside. For an intermmediate builder like me, I will right away notice the difference and fix it, but for beginners, it will definitely confuse them.

- the plastics are not marked with part numbers . This took most of my time, trying to compare it with the figure and using a ruler to measure the screws. But it all turned out well.

- there is only one sample setup sheet and it is for asphalt with a mod motor, but, I guess this will help you have a feel of how the car needs to be setup.

The dislikes are mostly towards the Instruction Manual, but the overall building process was fun, and I guess the errors in the manual has been corrected in the later versions.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:23 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RC Lab Seven

It ran so awesome yesterday. I won all but one race, and that was being people kept coming up to me and asking long involved questions when I was racing. Man, we should have shirts that say, "If I have a remote in my hand, and turning the steering wheel, don't even think about talking to me then!"

Will post my first photos of it soon. The film will be developed tonight!

Cmotif <><
Old 11-04-2001, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello...hello

Hey Rcspeedo,
looks like everything is in order.Will get some track time this Sat.We be there to get you going.

Hey Jzone,
Looks like you are recovering... I caugt a cold too ..Damn cold viruses. got to go and get some more of those OJ.

Hey Monsoon,
You coming this weekend?.Whats the verdict?.

Hey Mytxxx,
We need to know which body we be getting...which one?.Nissan Primera,Vauxhaul Vectra or Ford Mondeo?.

Hello Comtif,
Congrats on the turn Out..
Yes,Iknow what you mean.When you are on the stand racin,people should leave drivers alone until race is over.When are they gonna learn..Lets see your pics soon.. Cheers!!!

Chrisman
Old 11-05-2001, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

chrisman...is there racing this weekend?.... check with Dave
Old 11-05-2001, 09:11 AM

Default at 4:00PM today PST I get the photos. Will scan and post them as fast as I can after

that. Question, I know how to attach them, so that you can click on them, but others attach them another way. How do you guys go about doing that?

Which way do you guys prefer them attach? If you have to click on them, the thread gets loaded quicker, and you get to see how many times people look at your photos. The other way takes longer to load every time, but everyone gets to see it. Hmmm.

Cmotif <><
Old 11-05-2001, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cmotif...attach them, so that you can click on them.. some ppl uses dial up... like me...not! J/K
Old 11-05-2001, 08:24 PM

Default Seven Photos!

Here is the insides of my Seven Pro 6.0. All Hi-tec electronics except for MVP stock motor.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-seven3.jpg  
Old 11-05-2001, 08:27 PM

Default Side view of Cmotif's Seven Pro 6.0

It is actually a GM Racing body, but I hated the GM Racing stickers, that it why it is covered with good looking Pro-line and Proto-form instead. Hahahahaha! I think that it looks cool, and you wouldn't probably have known unless I told you.

Cmotif <><
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-seven4.jpg  
Old 11-05-2001, 08:30 PM

Default Front overhead view of Cmotif's Seven

Hope that you like it! I used the Parma Barb-wire mask.

Cmotif <><
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-seven1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2001, 08:01 AM

Default Two Things!

1. What do you do between races to your car and your set up? How do you clean it? What do you look for etc. etc.

2. I thought that I would tell you about my set up on my car and electronics. I have both Carbon Fiber shock towers. My front diff is a two way diff. I bought my car second hand though never run. I don't know what happened to the one way diff, but I never got it. The original battery holders had been cut down to reduce weight, I said "To heck with them" and got the straps. Cinch them down really tight and they do really good. I run two sets of connectors on my batteries. I have kept the Tamiya style connector, because I refuse to cut on my connector and solder on a different one on my charger. I don't want to void my 5 year warranty. So I run a Tamiya to Eagle Mini Euro Gold Plated connectors. I have the Female Eagle connectors on both sides of my saddle packs.

I have the saddle packs protected against shorting by a layer of black electrical tape. I also have an extra strip of black tape on the cell at the negative end of my saddle packs, so that I don't hook up my mini-euro connectors wrong.

The track that I race on is basically 33 feet by 66 feet. It is two smooth 33 foot square slabs. Unfortunately, where those two slabs meet, that can be as much as a 3/4 inch height differential. Depending on how the track is set up that race day and which direction we are running, there can be a bump. I had to make a compromise between chassis scratches, or lurid tail out slides in the corners. Actually, I find that only the bottom rear part of the front bumper is getting scratched. I had raised the height all the way around to keep from getting scratches. I had raised it a bit more in the back, and now I have taken that extra 2 mm out. No more tail out slides in tight tight corners. I do like a bit of Oversteer.

I run Eagle or TOP tires. The ones that I use are CHEAP. You can get them at Integy or Speedtech (If you know the item number from Integy). They are former IFMAR World Cup Handout tires. So even though they are cheap, you know that are are still good. You can see the tread on them in the body off photo. Those are Speedtech Aerodish wheels on there.

The Seven is a wonderful handling car. I have let a few friends drive it, and they love the handling of it.

Cmotif <><
Old 11-06-2001, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cmotif... wow! 33'x66' track... our club track at one time was 36'x60'.. ppl compained it was too small...our club members like it , tight and technical, we only ran stock motors. the track now is 48'x120'... very expensive to rent
Old 11-06-2001, 01:16 PM

Default I think that it is the minimum size.

With that size, we can have 4 eight foot lanes.
Our longest track is full 66 foot straight, then a right hairpin, followed by a 33 foot straight, left hair pin, 33 foot straight, right hairpin, 66 foot straight, then a right hairpin, followed by a 33 foot straight, left hair pin, 33 foot straight, right hairpin. A full lap, taking every inch of the space.

Cmotif <><
Old 11-06-2001, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cmotif... i raced on smaller tracks .... 32'x40', we called that place " the shack"

Last edited by MonSoon; 11-07-2001 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2001, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey guys.........looks like i won't be able to make it out on sat.

kik some ass for me !

rcspeedo........good luck on your maiden voyage tomorrow night. remember to ask the guys for some help if you're havin some probs.............you shouldn't though,,,,,just have fun!

later

jesse
Old 11-10-2001, 09:49 AM
Tech Rookie

last night was my first night out with my 7even, overall i did great, especially in the mains i got second out of six, and i didnt break anything unlike all the xxx-s and tc3 drivers that were way more experienced and older than me (i am only 13) so today i am very happy, by the way congrats Cmotif on your win in the mains.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.