Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lenman73
Yes, your local track can do as they wish, but in Michigan and Indiana there are a few tracks a few hours from my house. Due to the tracks getting to do what they feel is best, just how coherent are the rules going to be from place to place. If one track goes with the 21.5 and the other goes with the 25.5, see the problem if you want to go to both. Or if someone had a Tekin and its ok at track A and wants to go with his buddies to track B. I may be the only one, and that is fine, but I see more problems than solutions with it.
No different than it was before the rule changes
Old 01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
21.5 with a good set up is running almost as fast as 17.5 so what's the point?
Why bother with VTA at all if it all stays the same?

Hell have any of you been reading the other TC threads? People are already talking about how much faster 17.5 is with the new Tekin update and already wondering if Stock should drop to 21.5.
As one of the folks who advocated for Stock being 21.5 when ROAR adopted brushless for spec classes it would seem even THAT will be too much for newer racers, especially with boost and ever other darn thing. Seems the "new stock" will need to be 25.5 with any and all hell warmed-over esc's. As it is, 2s / 21.5 is really too fast for an "entry class" (hence the VTA changes) even without esc's ramping everything up. Based on what I saw this past weekend with the new Tekin software (WOW!!) there is no doubt that 2s / 21.5 will be significantly faster than 2s / 17.5 stock spec was even a month or so ago. And my observation of "Stock" TC is that half the people racing that (before this latest jump in speed) couldn't adequately control the cars to the point it could really be called "racing".

Go figure.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's it, I'm going back to the Mini Cooper class......
Old 01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You people just can't get over the fact that the Tekin with a computer could be changed back. Let me ask you this, when you go racing do you hire a security guard to stand at your pit space while you are on the drivers stand or do you use a little trust? If someone is hooking up a laptop to a VTA car where I race it is farely obvious because we all pit together. That may not be the case everywhere however but if someone was blowing the paint off of everyone else I think it would even be obvious to Ray Charles that some cheating was going on.
No it more seems like the guys with the Tekin's cant get over the fact that they have to use something else. I dont see any of the Speedpassion guys like myself ranting about if I just turn it down it will be fine. I have to follow the rules if I want to play.....end of story. What is so hard about that? I have to sell my perfectly working SP esc to go buy a Novak....thats half the price of my current esc btw....Im not crying out for it to be allowed....heck I dont see anyone other then Tekin owners crying out for it. If Tekin made or makes an ESC like the Novaks or LRP's on the list then guess what they will be allowed as well Im sure.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

That is what the led is for. If you don't want to show people if they question it, then it is a sign of guilt.
Now you've fallen into the trap.

That requires either formalized tech (a complete pita and waste of time for a club) OR for someone to put themselves on the spot and question someone's equipment, OR create an atmosphere where "Joey" feels put upon if his hardware is questioned and turns out to be ok (or even if it isn't).

By not allowing any esc's that have adjustable timing, etc, the need for ANY of these things is completely eliminated.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cwoods34
That's it, I'm going back to the Mini Cooper class......
have a spare car????
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah I'll send you my spare, $50 no questions asked......
Old 01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At a club race do you tech the height and weight and such or not tech at all? If its not at all then why worry about the other? At the club level I mean. And if you do actually do the others is it really that hard to look at a light? I am impressed with just how hard some of you try to make this out to be.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

I am impressed with just how hard some of you try to make this out to be.

Ditto.....
Old 01-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well good chattin anyways. You all have a wonder night.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin K
No it more seems like the guys with the Tekin's cant get over the fact that they have to use something else.....heck I dont see anyone other then Tekin owners crying out for it.
I suddenly figured it out...the Tekin RS is, basically, meth for RC racers. Look at the evidence:

1) everyone who gets one instantly foregoes any and everything else

2) everyone who gets one instantly becomes glued to computer monitors on race day (and I'm sure even away from the track) mumbling about profile this, turbo that and NOS the other.

3) it is READILY apparent that if they're forced to spend ANY time away from their RS (and various accoutrements), even for JUST ONE RACING CLASS that they're going to burst into flames (or worse). Have you seen Meth-heads when they can't get their dope? They sound JUST like these guys--fixated on getting another hit. Nothing else matters...it fills their every thought and conversation.

4) watching the odd and erratic behavior of folks "under the influence" is funny too. Used to be, back in the '80's, that if 2-4 people wandered off from the group and sat huddled together it was because they were engaging in a little doobage. Today they're huddled around a laptop taking another hit of Tekin.

5) the net is FULL of enablers (most of whom are fellow addicts)...just look around. Thread after thread about change this, adjust that, tweak this other...

It's like a freakin' cult is what it is.

Last edited by Scottrik; 01-04-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

I think it is more along the issue of looking at Tekin as a company that says we want to be a company for all racers all classes.They are asking what they can do to make the controller legal.I think they should be applauded.Tekin is making Novak and LRP step up their game without a doubt. What my issue continues to be is why can't something be worked out to make a Tekin legal.I would think if they came up with software to do it would be a non issue. Also you could tech the speedo and shrink wrap part of the speedo covering the data port initial it and be covered with a glance for the race if needed.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Ok lets go back to mabuchi motors and resistor speed controls.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just FYI R/Car (Big Rug in Indy) Say that the USVTA rules will be enforced.
So as soon as I can get 2 -25.5 motors my son and I will be switching our cars over early. So I will be putting my GTB back in my car and just to prove I am not a RS "junkie" I will sell it and my hotwire well.......maybe......well can I keep it and hold it......I promise not to use it
Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

LOL!!

"Preciousssss...my beautiful Preciousssssss....Nasssssty hobbitsessss want to take away my Are-esssssss..."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.