Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Looks (and sounds) like a great time!! How'd that Tamiya Landcruiser place?

Has Alan Smith managed to put in an appearance at IndySlots now that there isn't F-1 there?
The guy with the Land Cruiser TQ'd and won the Main. Not with the LC of course! He had the Yellow Cuda and lapped the second place guy by two laps. He's running the class because of the scale look (as you can see by the LC he likes the scale stuff).

Here's another scale truck he has:

I don't know who Alan Smith is. But then I certainly don't know everyone who comes and races. We get some good sized crowds sometimes.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

I think that silver camaro with the two black stripes has raced with us here in Chicago.

Is that Brian's car?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
I think that silver camaro with the two black stripes has raced with us here in Chicago.

Is that Brian's car?
No Brian's is the 2 tone green/silver camaro...
Old 09-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
No performance advantage, non-authentic look...I guess I'm not sure why anyone would want to open Pandora's box over the matter. Home-made aero isn't necessary, at minimum overly complicates things, and creates another opening for some deep thinker to pry open a loophole.

I regularly run both a Camaro and a Mustang (generally depends what there's more of as to which I run) and there has never been any handling difference between them.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Brian's car was indeed the 2 tone green/silver camaro that is plowing my black camaro over in that last picture. It is the same Brian who raced up in Chicago. He's got a dozen or so bodies painted.

The silver w/black stripes was a newcomer. First time racing with us. He's a regular at Indy Slots, but he usually just races 1/18th trucks.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Not to throw off on Darksieds work because the lip spoilers look really great. But does that make any diff at all in handling? I just cant see going through the trouble. But it does look nice.
do remember we are running 6 cell so a good spoiler does make a difference
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
do remember we are running 6 cell so a good spoiler does make a difference
Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

The deck lid spoiler may have made a small difference when you were racing "stock T.C. w/Vintage bodies and tires", but now that you've slowed them to a snails pace, I'm sure it doesn't matter.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Railroader
We had another great night of racing here at Indy Slots in Indianapolis.

We have been getting about 8-12 racers each week which is pretty good for the season not kicking off fully yet. Last night we had 9 drivers. Made for a very crowded A-Main

Here are some pictures from last night:

After the racing, a couple guys had to book so we couldn't get a full field shot

I drive the black #6 Camaro

The A-Main winner was the yellow 'Cuda

Here's a good example of running tires until they are nearly slicks. Can anyone identify the racer? He's a member here.

And lastly, a little "friendly" aggressive door-to-door racing is as much fun as you can have legally.
Nice pics manG....Gotta love the action shots....
Old 09-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
The deck lid spoiler may have made a small difference when you were racing "stock T.C. w/Vintage bodies and tires", but now that you've slowed them to a snails pace, I'm sure it doesn't matter.
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
actually we think we slowed them down enough to run 4cell with them. we'll see. I'm going to try it at the last race of the season the music city challenge
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
actually we think we slowed them down enough to run 4cell with them. we'll see. I'm going to try it at the last race of the season the music city challenge
Well, if they really are are running the same speed as USVTA legal 4-cell 27t, then you DEFINITELY don't NEED custom spoilers. Or ANY spoiler. That's what has been said over and over in this thread.

As a matter of fact, in the pictures I posted, you can see that the yellow Cuda (which won the A-Main by a FULL lap in a field of veteran racers) does not have a spoiler.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

new subject....IT DOESNT MATTER,...GEEZ...

the only point I was making is that some "RULES" will change or bend...the spoiler doesnt make me any different...Ive won with it and without it...and believe me it had nothing to do with the body or spoiler....

how about some SMACKTALK..lol

cause I know half of you guys cant compete anyway....even when Im just having "FUN"...or maybe just to "OLD" to hang with the 30 year old crowd?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
new subject....IT DOESNT MATTER,...GEEZ...

the only point I was making is that some "RULES" will change or bend...the spoiler doesnt make me any different...Ive won with it and without it...and believe me it had nothing to do with the body or spoiler....

how about some SMACKTALK..lol

cause I know half of you guys cant compete anyway....even when Im just having "FUN"...or maybe just to "OLD" to hang with the 30 year old crowd?
One of the reasons I like the VTA class is because it looks like you are racing real cars. Probably half the guys currently racing the class with us wouldn't be involved if they didn't just look cool. If you want to race something that doesn't look real and just want to go fast, then race a different class. The guys who set up the class want to make it fun and competitive at the same time.

I stopped racing "trucks" because basically, they don't look like trucks. They are four wheels with some lexan wrapped around a chassis and a big wing. Now if your whole goal is to go as fast as possible and get big air, that's cool. But not for me.

I just don't want to see the class get ruined by people who don't get it.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

you really are THICK....I love this class and push it to the limit here locally...

and I race almost any and every class out there..incl..2wd buggy,2wd truck, 4wd buggy, 8th scale, tc.....but my by far favorite is TA...and the look of real racing is what I love the most...have you not seen the paint thread?... and FYI..that was my idea also...I have done and will contiue to do as much for this class as possible...

ps...if I wanted speed...4.5 in B44 is plenty...

pss...dont take anything I post to seriously.....cause Im really not that good, most of those are 2nd place..lol
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-wednesday-night-ta-048.jpg  
Old 09-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Doug,

I think you may want to rethink your post about spiolers......

Give them an inch, they will take a mile.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.