Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
OK--you can have your money back. Send it home. Good thing you didn't "mount" it.

You're gonna have to cut those sides WAY up on a TC chassis. I'm trimming and mounting mine before paint. In fact my paint guy has been riding my case to git 'er done.
lol...yeah i just didnt know how high i was going to have to go on the sides since i need longer posts. So figured id wait to do the final cutting till those were in.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

You'll need REALLY long posts to keep that from draggin. Like off an E-Maxx or something.

Nice job...I'll show mine off when it gets done.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
You'll need REALLY long posts to keep that from draggin. Like off an E-Maxx or something.

Nice job...I'll show mine off when it gets done.
lol well i hope the stock ones i ordered will be enough. If not ill be making me some. the back shouldnt be to bad but the front im worried about.

Toycardriver painted it for me. He has been painting all my bodies here lately.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

That should fit with the stock body mounts...i believe your cyclone uses the same mounts as my pro4 which are really long in stock form.

Hurry and get that thing out to PT so we can put a nice donut on the door
Old 06-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shadow102
That should fit with the stock body mounts...i believe your cyclone uses the same mounts as my pro4 which are really long in stock form.

LMAO at the donut comment. Almost asked him to try to paint 1 on there.

I should have the posts early next week...if so ill be there next sunday running....i hope. need to find a soldering station to solder my battery connectors on batteries. gun just not doing good. want to cycle these batteries a few times this week...no telling last time they had a charge
Old 06-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Definatly go for a standard sized servo. The durability on the 9650 is not good enough for the TA class. Take it from someone who has already tried it, and stripped out the gears in the servo. It seemed fast enough for me, but just not durable. I only got 1 weekend out of it, and stripped the gears in practice the next weekend.
Since you were of the same mindand tried the 9650, then what servo did you move onto next?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The donut is a badge of honor. I guess you could hold another car next to it and hit the gas and,,, well you get the idea. Its better to just wait for the naturally occurring ones. They will come.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
lol well i hope the stock ones i ordered will be enough.
Sorry guys--I was joking re: the TALL sides. "Normal" body posts so the tops of the wheelwells are about the right height above the tires, then trim the body level with the bottom of the chassis.

That body is also WAY "wedged" so you'll (hopefully) be taking more out of the rear of the sidepanels than the front.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

yeah ill know for sure once i get my body posts in. It would have been my luck though to trim it down to what i thougth would work...and it be too much.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I am going to be out today and i am leaving very soon, but i wanted to come on here and let everyone know i have some of the trans am number sheets that are numbered from 1 to 80 and i will be selling these sheets. If anyone is intrested please pm me and i will check to see if i have the number or numbers you are looking for. I will post pictures tonight of the sticker sheets.

I will be asking 5 dollars for 1 sheet shipped to you and if you order more than 1 sheet the others will be 3 dollars each. Very good price for the quality of stickers these are.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Since you were of the same mindand tried the 9650, then what servo did you move onto next?
I went to a cheapo JR Ds821. Its a fairly low end servo, but it gets the job done. It actually has been working just about perfect for me in trans-am. It is slow though on 4.8v, so be prepared for that if you pick one up. I believe they are only around $30. For this class, I don't feel the most expensive electronics are necessary.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I am going to be out today and i am leaving very soon, but i wanted to come on here and let everyone know i have some of the trans am number sheets that are numbered from 1 to 80 and i will be selling these sheets. If anyone is intrested please pm me and i will check to see if i have the number or numbers you are looking for. I will post pictures tonight of the sticker sheets.

I will be asking 5 dollars for 1 sheet shipped to you and if you order more than 1 sheet the others will be 3 dollars each. Very good price for the quality of stickers these are.

Wallstreet,

I am still waiting for you to send me mine and Matthew's.

You were supposed to mail me them awhile ago.

Larry
Old 06-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Wallstreet,

I am still waiting for you to send me mine and Matthew's.

You were supposed to mail me them awhile ago.

Larry

Sorry Larry.... i asked for the addresses a couple of times, and didnt end up getting them... Also i found the stickers would not be paid for via the entry fee so i am recooping the money i dished out for the stickers.

PM me.

I will promise the stickers will be apart of the race... Since they are already designed and numbered the sticker guy can pump them out asap and they will be ordered a month before the event and in the hands of the correct people atleast 1 week before the race.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I went to a cheapo JR Ds821. Its a fairly low end servo, but it gets the job done. It actually has been working just about perfect for me in trans-am. It is slow though on 4.8v, so be prepared for that if you pick one up. I believe they are only around $30. For this class, I don't feel the most expensive electronics are necessary.
Well, I stripped the S9650 gears in the main on the first day. Just another data point.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse
Well, I stripped the S9650 gears in the main on the first day. Just another data point.
hate to add salt to your wound, but that makes sense...you were using a 12th scale servo - that (at 6v) only puts out 62ish oz of torque...I'm honestly surprised you made it that long - were you running on carpet or asphalt?? because that kinda makes a difference on how long the "wrong" servos will last

THe bottom line is - we are still running touring cars, whether is 4celll/6cell or lipo and they NEED metal gears, and AT LEAST 78-85 oz of torque to survive for any length of time...

Back in the "beginning" the hitech HS605Mg WAS THE BEST servo you could get for a TC that was cheap, fast and strong - sad thing is, that model is discontinued...I ran one for 5 years before I blew up a chip on a board in a WICKED crash

Sadly enough, you need to spend a few more bucks and get a $50+ servo - its not that the class "requires" it, its that the TC chassis NEED to extra umph that these servos put out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.