Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brrneon
We are here racing every 1st and 3rd sundays, and our track just recently started racing. We do have a vta class, but pensacola is a long way away from jacksonville.

http://hobbycentralrc.com/content/
Beat me to it. We have a pretty fun program going, and would be happy to have more racers join us.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Beat me to it. We have a pretty fun program going, and would be happy to have more racers join us.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Are you guys running 25.5 or 21.5? I'm trying to broach the idea of running VTA at my track but I'm not getting much positive reception when I mention 25.5. Everyone thinks it will be too slow on our medium/large-ish parking lot track. Back straight is between 140 and 180 feet depending on the layout.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just because a track's area is 140 ft. long doesn't mean you MUST make a 140 ft. straight. If you're concerned about shortening it and not making enough straight for the faster clases, why not create shortcut sections for the slower class? Sounds like there is plenty of room for it. Just about every 1:1 racetrack in the world does this. Why not utilize the same concept here?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

go full USVTA rules and save yourself a headache
Old 01-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

One of the tracks here has a 225ft back straight (gas cars). It's not a problem. Ever draft a VTA car?

One solution that does work and is more fun than anything else is running as many cars as the computer will score. They have run up to 20 cars in a race at the track I'm talking about...awesome.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny
Has this been discussed and decided if legal or not?

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/es...ive/index.html
I don't know why it wouldn't be. It doesn't have any timing.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I don't know why it wouldn't be. It doesn't have any timing.
Novak says "More power for nearly all applications." Unless it follows the motor phase firing strategy set forth by ROAR (which they seem to imply it does not), then it will have to be evaluated very carefully....what point is it if every VTA driver has to suddenly go out and run the thing because it has more power than all the havoc's, gtb 1's, cirtix, etc.?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
go full USVTA rules and save yourself a headache
Thats what I want to do. We already run rcgt as well, so any deviation from the official rules would start to seriously dilute things. I really think we could use a slower class for beginners (and honestly people who just don't have much skill at all). Non-boosted 17.5 is still pretty darn fast.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

There are cheaper ways of going faster in VTA than spending $150 on an extra two watts of power.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Stregone
Are you guys running 25.5 or 21.5? I'm trying to broach the idea of running VTA at my track but I'm not getting much positive reception when I mention 25.5. Everyone thinks it will be too slow on our medium/large-ish parking lot track. Back straight is between 140 and 180 feet depending on the layout.
We do run 25.5 here at hobby central and follow the USVTA rules, but we don't turn anyone away who shows up and wants to run vta.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stregone
They are 25.5 motors. Ever since the rule change, we merely geared taller to compensate. Right now, my pinion and spur are close to the same size(52/73) There are larger pinions...
Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

if you run the 25.5 Novak you will get it geared to your track, it will stay fun and fast enough to draw in new ppl

most of our VTA crowd are newer to onroad racers or ones with less skill..not many of the fast TC guys run VTA cause they like speed not scale control racing
Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
if you run the 25.5 Novak you will get it geared to your track, it will stay fun and fast enough to draw in new ppl

most of our VTA crowd are newer to onroad racers or ones with less skill..not many of the fast TC guys run VTA cause they like speed not scale control racing
Speaking of controlled racing, have you noticed that 2012 is starting off with some very close racing at your track? Our top 10 drivers are all running within a lap of each other and new drivers are quickly trying to male it the top 15. We ran an event a couple of weeks ago and the top 5 qualifiers were within 7 seconds of each other. The 8th qualifier was only 1 lap down. Its getting very interesting over here.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Company Representative

Our new GTB2 with X-Drive is our latest update to our premium Spec/Sportsman-only controller. This is what we say about the X-Drive update:

WHAT IS X-DRIVE™?

Novak-developed X-Drive™ is the newest motor-firing technology. This revolutionary firmware and hardware delivers unmatched performance and provides:

* Unparalleled throttle response
* Smooth and controlled braking
* Cooler operating temperatures
* Faster lap times
* More power for nearly all applications

Customers and team drivers who have used X-Drive in side-by-side comparisons report a noticeable performance advantage. This update not only makes your speed control more efficient, it may very well make you faster and put you on the podium!
We have submitted several new controllers to ROAR for approval including this one. Since this is a spec-only controller---no PC interface, non-timing/boost, not externally programmable/updateable, no blinky led---we expect a speedy approval and addition to the ROAR approved list of Sportsman controllers.

These new features do not affect motor timing, but we always want to add new features that offer our customers the highest performance, affordable spec-only controller to compete in the "blinky" mode against the 250.00 escs.

As I have said before---in reference to USVTA 25.5T motor operation---high performance escs and hop-up motor accessories are not required to achieve satisfactory and competitive results.

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hmmm...just saw it for the first time. Little confused just what the difference is between it and GTB2. I think we need NovakTwo to chime in unless Rob already has his hands on one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.